Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR2 and SiS Graphics

Page: 1 of 1
 Chungwawema
05-13-2005, 8:49 PM
I appologize if this question has been asked and answered already (I went to search for it, but it seems the search function needs four letters per word).

I'm trying to get KOTOR2 to run on a SiS 760 graphics card.

I know it is not a supported card - however, the newest drivers do come with OpenGL 1.4 support.

I figure there must be some way to get the game to run.

For a bit more information, when I try to start the game it goes to the black screen (with a mouse) and then sits there for about 30 seconds and then crashes. Windows says that the problem is with sisgl.dll (but, again, this is with OpenGL 1.4).

All the other system specs meet the recommended settings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Chungwa
 stingerhs
05-13-2005, 11:06 PM
hmm, is this an actual SiS card in a PCI-X, AGP, or PCI slot, or is it an integrated GPU on your motherboard???
 Chungwawema
05-13-2005, 11:41 PM
It's integrated (it's on a second computer - I do have one setup that works with KOTOR2)
 ynetwork
05-14-2005, 1:11 AM
Oh! I was looking for this issue.

Is there any way to play KOTOR2 on SiS M760 based system?!
 stingerhs
05-14-2005, 8:47 AM
last i checked, there really isn't anyway to get the game running unless you can fool the game into thinking that your SiS chipsets are actually ATI or nVidia based chipsets. the game is looking for the OpenGL drivers from the Forcware and Catalyst drivers, not the SiS drivers.

so, the only way to get it working is to figure out a way to emulate the ATI or nVidia drivers on your SiS chipset. even then, i don't see where that would work since the nVidia, ATI, and SiS chipsets are way different in terms of design.

sorry if i can't offer much more help than that. :(
 Chungwawema
05-14-2005, 9:08 AM
Thanks for the information. Hopefully I can find some emulater, or maybe in the future someone will make one.
 ynetwork
05-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanx for your help! ;)
Page: 1 of 1