Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Holograms and Videos

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthVandar205
05-12-2005, 5:46 PM
I assume this is because I cant use the frame buffer effects but ill ask anyways. Why exactly when I play the game does the hologram characters look just like the real people *cant tell the diff between them and any other NPC* and why does the security videos you see in the terminals not have that blue tint to it and instead just looks like the level does when youre walking around it? I was wondering about this because when i looked at the disc that came with the strategy guide for the game for the x-box all of this stuff was in there and I was just wondering if this was supposed to be the same for the PC version *which I have* and weither its because I lack the ability to use frame buffer effects.
 stingerhs
05-12-2005, 11:55 PM
who knows??? it could have something to do with your video card not being able to render the kind of effects needed for the holograms to word. of course, this leads me to my first question, what kind of video card are you running??
 ugok
05-13-2005, 2:08 AM
yes, this is due to your video card not able to use frame buffer effects. i had the same situation once, but after switching to new card(6600gt) it now has some nice effects. really great
 stingerhs
05-13-2005, 10:17 AM
ahh, thanx for the clarification. :D

and welcome to the boards. :)
 DarthVandar205
05-13-2005, 7:16 PM
Its one of those GeForce4MX cards and yeah I heard that they dont have frame buffer support.
 stingerhs
05-13-2005, 11:09 PM
then that would be your problem (besides, the GeForce 4MX is nothing more than a slightly upgraded GeForce2). if i were you, i'd go ahead and spend a mere $50-75 for a new graphics board that supports all the graphic features. not to mention, the game would run a heck of a lot smoother. ;)
 DarthVandar205
05-14-2005, 8:47 PM
What would you suggest?
 stingerhs
05-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Page: 1 of 1