Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Models..

Page: 1 of 1
 DS_Malak
05-06-2005, 11:34 PM
I need help for 1 thing, I have a map called DS Temple Duel, and in one of the rooms, a Tie-Fighter has crashed and broken through the wall. At the moment I am using the Model Tie_fighter_broke1. It is a model and does show up, but it isn't a solid model. Any help to tell me how to make the model solid.

Please.

Thanks.

DS_Malak.
 kessno11
05-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Well, you can look under the /system texture in Gtk Radiant. Then find the clip texture, then make a brush that covers the model.

Kessno11
 madjawa
05-07-2005, 2:47 AM
or try add the key spawnflags and value 2 to the model, it will clip it for you
 SMoKE
05-07-2005, 2:40 PM
You shouldn't use spawnflags 2 too much, as it lags up the game if there are many of them. But the textures/system/physics_clip is a good option.
 wedge2211
05-07-2005, 3:25 PM
"Spawnflags" "2" will enable autoclip, but there are two disadvantages: on models with small parts, this can cause clip brushes to appear that extend way beyond the model boundaries; and it creates one clip brush for every model face, so complex models have a LOT of brushes added, which decreases performance. Bottom line: use it only on very large, very simple models or terrain models.

If you want to make your model solid but don't want to expend a lot of effort, draw some big brushes that roughly outline its shape and texture them in system/clip. That brush will then block players and NPCs, but not weapons fire. If you want to be more exacting, build some brushes that mimic the TIE fighter as well as you can, and texture them in system/physics_clip. That shader blocks everything.
Page: 1 of 1