Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will there be more melee fighters. (spoilers)

Page: 1 of 1
 starmark2k
05-04-2005, 8:47 AM
As there will be heroes including jedi in EAW, there will proberly be lightsabers as the jedi primary weapon. so will there be anymore units with some sought of melee weapons
 Darth Windu
05-04-2005, 9:16 AM
Very unlikely. Apart from not seeing any in the films apart from Jedi, it just doesnt fit with the sort of combat that is portrayed in the films - besides, melee fighters would get ripped to shreds against blaster-armed opponents.
 Hermie
05-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Hehe, I can see it now...

*bunch of stormtroopers charges toward the rebel base*

"WE ARE LIKE, VETERANS OR SOMETHING!!"

*anti-infantry turret*

"OMG YOU KILLED US DEAD!"
 Heavyarms
05-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Wookie Beserkers!
 Darth Alec
05-04-2005, 3:58 PM
Originally posted by Heavyarms
Wookie Beserkers!

Do you meen those odd wookie unit in GB?
 Heavyarms
05-04-2005, 4:49 PM
YEAH!!! They kick little stormtroopers all over the place!
 Darth Andrew
05-04-2005, 5:14 PM
As cool as beserkers would be, like Herminator "demonstrated," they wouldn't stand a chance.
:wookiee:
 General Nitro
05-04-2005, 8:16 PM
I tink there should be some kind of melee units cause from the screenshots, the environments seem to be able to be manipulated. For example, your stormtroopers are in a blaster fight with the Rebel soldiers. Your melee unit (whatever that may be) swings around the back end of the Rebel line. The confusion allows the stormies to march in and trap the Rebels. Sound good?
 lukeiamyourdad
05-05-2005, 9:30 PM
I'm more thinking that in case you engage your enemy in very close combat, your units would use the butt of their rifle to hit their opponent instead of firing from less then a foot from their enemy.

It could be an interesting animation or something, doesn't have to do more damage then a blaster shot at med-range.
Page: 1 of 1