Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you edit units on maps?

Page: 1 of 1
 ZeroG24
05-01-2005, 3:36 PM
Hi, I've just downloaded the Kashyyyk: Wookieeland map, but I would like to change the units that you can use from Alliance Soldier, Vanguard, Pilot, Marksman, Smuggler to all Wookiees, e.g. Wookiee Warrior, Rocketeer, Mechanic and Smuggler.
How would you go about doing this?

I've got the file that makes them playable on the original Kashyyyk map, during the clone wars, the one where you can play as ewoks on Endor as well, but I'm not sure how you would go about changing them on this map. I've looked at the differences between the two Mission files using Notepad and I can see what's been changed, so I opening the Wookieeland maps Mission file in Notepad and I can see the lines that relate to the units used, but when I change them to the Wookiee units and then try to load the level in instant action it crashs.

Any ideas?

PO

ZeroG

P.S. I've just downloaded the BFBuilder and if found the mission LUA files under assets, and the read me file for mission LUA shows you how to do it, but thats for maps you make not for other peoples, and besides that there are no LUA files in the map folder so what do I do, and what program should I use, because if I open the Mission LVL file with notepad the text is a mess and there's a lot of gibberish.
 Leviathan
05-02-2005, 1:48 PM
Do you have Kashyyyk: Wookiee Land's source files ? (*.LUA, *.TER files, etc...)
 Baktoid OOM-9
05-02-2005, 3:39 PM
if you downloaded the map you do not have the files that can be altered.

LVLs are created by lots of ODFs and other files getting packed together.

If you want to change what your talking about, try copy/pasting an ALLIANCE side.lvl (all.lvl in the side folder) and replacing the one they are using... might work.... might not.
 Leviathan
05-03-2005, 1:09 PM
In fact, if you sum-up briefly, you want to change number and type of soldiers (Wookiees, Snipers, etc...) on the map you mentioned... Is it right ?
 ZeroG24
05-05-2005, 9:07 AM
Do you have Kashyyyk: Wookiee Land's source files ? (*.LUA, *.TER files, etc...)

Nope.

if you downloaded the map you do not have the files that can be altered.

LVLs are created by lots of ODFs and other files getting packed together.

If you want to change what your talking about, try copy/pasting an ALLIANCE side.lvl (all.lvl in the side folder) and replacing the one they are using... might work.... might not.

There is no Side folder, so this won't work.

In fact, if you sum-up briefly, you want to change number and type of soldiers (Wookiees, Snipers, etc...) on the map you mentioned... Is it right ?

In a nut shell, yes.

The reason I asked was because there must be a way of changing the Mission file, as some one changed the original Kashyyyk dock level and Endor so that you could play as Wookiees, and Ewoks respectively, so he must have cracked the original Mission file some how in order to do it, because that’s the only file you need.

e.g. You make a backup of the original Mission file and then copy paste the Wookiee/Ewok Mission file over it.

PO

P.S. I just thought it would be more fun/challenging to play as Wookiees or even Ewoks for that matter lol.
 Leviathan
05-05-2005, 10:50 AM
The reason I asked was because there must be a way of changing the Mission file, as some one changed the original Kashyyyk dock level and Endor so that you could play as Wookiees, and Ewoks respectively, so he must have cracked the original Mission file some how in order to do it, because that’s the only file you need.
"mission.req" does not have to be changed, because it does not contain the informations related to units' types and numbers... On the other hand, all map's *.LUA files must be modified to do such a thing... But if you do not have source files (*.LUA, *.ODF, etc...), you need to hex-edit "mission.lvl" to change some entries... Thus, you must change "all.lvl" or "imp.lvl" by "wok.lvl" or "ewk.lvl", etc...
Page: 1 of 1