Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR solution to Intel graphics problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Aurelius
04-29-2005, 6:29 AM
I found the fix for KOTOR not being playable on computers with Intel graphics adapters.

Im a technician, and this was driving me crazy! The game would fail, and lockup the computer, with no errors to go off of. But mainly, the game wouldnt even launch to start. This even applies to TSL.

After researching... I came across this...

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-008649.htm)

The link speaks for itself, so there is no need to step you through the settings changes.

I know my hardware could use an upgrade, but for those of us with similar specs... this is your quick fix.
 ChAiNz.2da
04-29-2005, 6:32 AM
Nice find! :thumbsup:

Though you may want to post this in the Workbench section (or ask a moderator nicely to move it for you) :)

EDIT: I see the mods have already done so.. hehehe

Still, this will probably help alot of people :D
 Aurelius
04-29-2005, 6:41 AM
Yes, if any mods read this...
Please move to The Workbench.
It does belong there.
Thanks.
Hope this helps.
:cool:
 stingerhs
04-29-2005, 9:28 AM
agreed. this is a nice find. good stuff. :D

and considering that your a technician, perhaps you could offer some help down here as far as hardware goes. i know a good deal, but i'm clueless when it comes down to the little details. well, sometimes anyways. ;)
 General Kenobi
04-30-2005, 9:55 PM
Interesting.... I'm a pc tech as well sortof :D more network admin. :D

I had noticed this problem on my IBM ThinkCentre but since the other ThinkCentre I had already had a 256 Nvidia graphics card I just didn't bother.

So I'll close by sayin' THANKS A MILLION for the linkie to fix this issue. @#$# Intel....lol gotta love em'!

Thanks again :D
 Jae Onasi
03-25-2006, 8:35 PM
Thanks for putting this up. I was trying to install the game on my dad's computer (which has an Intel graphics adapter). We had all sorts of problems with the graphics, so I came to the trusty Workbench, followed the instructions here, and it worked like a charm.
This was a game-saver, and we appreciated the help very much!
 Srob89
04-09-2006, 4:23 PM
Okay, I read the website from Intel, but it isn't helping me.

I just got KOTOR II for my Birthday(yesterday) and installed it. Updated it and I thought everything was working fine. I had to get off, so I saved the game. Later, I went to load the game and it my computer froze.

I do not have an ATI video or NVIDIA video card. My video requirements for the game are NOT met, but everything else is met. i played KOTOR hundreds of times and I never had any problems until I downloaded the latest driver patch from Intel support and then this loading error happened.

Any thoughts or help?????
 CarnageIKU
04-16-2006, 9:38 PM
i looked through it and saw that this only worked to the 8000 card series, i have a 915 one i think. when i followed to steps one of the buttons where not there, so i could do all of it. im still trying to figure every thing out.
TY for the addy any ways, with any luck ill find what i need on there.

ok, well i tried to update the driver(i looked like there is an update atleast) and it pukes on the install.... please help me ):
 Reclaimer
04-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I did what they said, and it still doesn't work...

Should just go get an ATI Graphics Card...
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-03-2007, 3:42 PM
I have a 82945G express chipset 256mb which isn't on the list of cards this fixes, so does anyone know how to fix this using my card?
Page: 1 of 1