Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Additional Dark Jedi script released

Page: 1 of 1
 Prime
04-24-2005, 8:55 PM
From the readme:

This mod converts some of the Sith Assassins in various areas into Dark Jedi as seen in KOTOR. More specifically, it changes the appearance of the assassins, along with providing them with some force powers and lightsabers. The Dark Jedi are given one of the saber types, either a single, double blade, or dual lightsabers based on certain probabilities. In one area on Telos some of the Sith Assassins are changed to Sith Troopers.

Like my other mods, you can get them at Warped Productions (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) and pcgamemods.com. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/12018/)

This script is configurable so that the user can alter one of the many NPCs that appear in the game. This includes changing the appearance, weapons, and giving force powers for an NPC. All the various options are explained and set in the conversion_config.nss source file.

To make changes, simply alter the conversion_config.nss file as desired and recompile the script using the nwnnsscomp tool. Compile the OnEnter or spawn script where the changes are to be applied. If you want to make drastic changes, you can alter the conversion functions in conversion_lib.nss. Note that the .are files alter specify the new OnEnter scripts.

For those interested in reconfiguring the script, feel free to post questions or comments and I will do what I can to help. :)
 Jeff
04-24-2005, 9:03 PM
This is awesome Prime! I'm downloading it now! Good job and keep up the good work! :D
 Mav
04-24-2005, 9:08 PM
Very nice execution on a very good idea for a mod, great job Prime
 DarthSilius
04-25-2005, 4:25 PM
This kind of mod makes TSL a fundamentally better game.

Can't wait to try it!

Like game balance mods, this goes toward filling in some of the holes and unpolished aspects of the game.

No offense to all the skilled graphic artists out there, but IMHO this kind of mod is worth 100 custom lightsabers or robes.

Except, perhaps, the really revealing female reskins. :p

Great job and thank you for putting forth the extra effort to make it easily configurable.
 Lorden Darkblade
04-25-2005, 4:40 PM
Thank's a lot Prime!
Downloading this as I type this message and I can't wait to try it! :D
 General Kenobi
04-25-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Prime
From the readme:

This mod converts some of the Sith Assassins in various areas into Dark Jedi as seen in KOTOR. More specifically, it changes the appearance of the assassins, along with providing them with some force powers and lightsabers. The Dark Jedi are given one of the saber types, either a single, double blade, or dual lightsabers based on certain probabilities. In one area on Telos some of the Sith Assassins are changed to Sith Troopers.

Like my other mods, you can get them at Warped Productions (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) and pcgamemods.com. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/12018/)

This script is configurable so that the user can alter one of the many NPCs that appear in the game. This includes changing the appearance, weapons, and giving force powers for an NPC. All the various options are explained and set in the conversion_config.nss source file.

To make changes, simply alter the conversion_config.nss file as desired and recompile the script using the nwnnsscomp tool. Compile the OnEnter or spawn script where the changes are to be applied. If you want to make drastic changes, you can alter the conversion functions in conversion_lib.nss. Note that the .are files alter specify the new OnEnter scripts.

For those interested in reconfiguring the script, feel free to post questions or comments and I will do what I can to help. :)

Prime

This MOD is flawless ;) I downloaded the posted version and ran thru the levels and it's awesome. I recommend to all "take meds ;) )

You did a gread job on this and it was a challenge fighting thru them. I love how you made them drop what they were fighting with in most all cases :D Made it much more realistic than the stock game :D

These are the good mods the ones you can't even tell are in game cause they just feel like it should be that way ;)

Again great job and def. a challenge :D
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
 boinga1
04-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Agreed. Another very cool mod, Prime.
 Darth Khasei
04-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Great work Prime. This is something I just could not tackle, which is why I made the spawn on demand powers. What an effort. Cheers. :thumbs1: :clap2: :rock: :afro1:
 Keiko
04-26-2005, 10:08 AM
:eek: :D Awesome Prime!:D
 Achilles
03-14-2006, 4:13 AM
Wow, I hate to resurrect this thread when it was so close to having a birthday, but I was wondering if there was a simple "fix" (subjective term) that would prevent all these Dark Jedi from dropping their lightsabers as loot.

Definitely love the mod!!! Sorry it took me so long to try it...I've been taking a TSL break :D

EDIT: I remembered that there had been another thread attached to this mod at one time. I was able to find it and was even able to locate a suggested fix (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1801048&postcount=41). I followed Stoffe-mkb-'s advice and it seems to work. Not sure what else it's going to affect as I only tested it with the (newly converted) dark jedi on Korriban.

Here's the code for anyone else that would like to use it. I've modded my game (not just this mod) so that only single sabers are used. Therefore, if you would like to expand this to include other types of lightsabers, you're going to need to add the code. I hope this helps.

//:: k_def_death01
/*
Default On Death Script
*/
//:: Created By: Preston Watamaniuk
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.

#include "k_inc_switch"
#include "k_inc_debug"

void main()
{
//CH: Added this code to remove lightsabers from Sith corpses
//when using Prime's Dark Jedi Conversion Mod. Checks for a
//lightsaber in the right hand and then destroys it if it finds one.

object oLSabre = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON);
if (GetIsObjectValid(oLSabre) && (GetBaseItemType(oLSabre) == 8)) {
DestroyObject(oLSabre);
}

ExecuteScript("k_ai_master", OBJECT_SELF, KOTOR_DEFAULT_EVENT_ON_DEATH);
/*
if(!GN_GetSpawnInCondition(SW_FLAG_AI_OFF))
{
SpeakString("GEN_I_AM_DEAD", TALKVOLUME_SILENT_TALK);
//Shout Attack my target, only works with the On Spawn In setup
SpeakString("GEN_ATTACK_MY_TARGET", TALKVOLUME_SILENT_TALK);
}
if(GN_GetSpawnInCondition(SW_FLAG_EVENT_ON_DEATH))
{
SignalEvent(OBJECT_SELF, EventUserDefined(1007));
}
*/
}

And speaking of stoffe-mkb-: I would not recommend using her AI tweaks with this. Unless, of course, you intend to take some of the force powers out of the lib.nss file included in this mod. Talk about getting owned!! :D
 Achilles
03-14-2006, 3:36 PM
Ok, separate issue:

In 710KOR, 2 sith assassins were spawned, dual wielding lightsabers. k_fab_sith_si.nss was compliled with dual wield set to FALSE in conversion_config.nss, so I'm not sure what might be causing this. FWIW, saberratio is set to 8, although it shouldn't matter (if I'm understanding this correctly), because dual wield is false. I tested it twice and it happened both times. I have a save just before entering the caves and can get screen shots if that will help.
 Q
05-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Prime:

I've really enjoyed this mod. Combined with Beancounter's Hardcore and Achilles' Game Balance mods, it actually makes TSL quite a challenge-and a heck of a lot more fun! Thanx!
 The Source
05-28-2006, 2:54 PM
The Genius of modding comes out with another one... Very nice job man!

I didn't see this one before. Sorry late to the party. :(
 Arthas Torm
06-13-2006, 3:20 AM
Wow my first message here!! Hi everyone! Anyway... I've a question for Achilles: why using Stoffe Improved AI may cause problems with this mod?
 Darkkender
06-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow my first message here!! Hi everyone! Anyway... I've a question for Achilles: why using Stoffe Improved AI may cause problems with this mod?

This question should really be asked in the main Holowan Labs forum. But as a side note there could be any number of reasons for the conflict or problem. One of these reasons includes the mods using the same scripts.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
10-24-2009, 8:51 PM
I'm sorry for resurrecting this thread, however, I was hoping someone could help me out with a scripting question, in regards to this mod.

I'm looking to edit the source scripts to randomize the types of lightsabers given to the new dark jedi. In other words, I want the dark jedi to have access to blue, violet, yellow, green, and red lightsabers. I'm also using DarthInsidious's and Oldflash's Forked Lightsabers, and was hoping to add them to the list of usable sabers for the dark jedi in this mod.

However, I'm completely lost as to what and how to edit, out of the source files provided. :\
Page: 1 of 1