Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Mini Sets: Universe Huge and Champions of the Force

Page: 1 of 3
 Katarn07
04-24-2005, 7:42 PM
http://www.basecontact.com/)

Read the news about the Universe Huge set and Champions of the Force.

http://www.basecontact.com/index.php?chapter=105)

Read and see the next minis of the set and make sure you don't drown in your drool.

I am also getting that AT-AT for Xmas. No doubt about it :D
 ZBomber
04-24-2005, 8:54 PM
I actually kinda don't like how there are BIG things in the mini sets. :\
 Zappa_0
04-24-2005, 9:37 PM
Those would be cool to display.
 El Sitherino
04-25-2005, 2:53 AM
I'm digging the Rancor. :D
 Katarn07
04-25-2005, 3:04 PM
I'm getting different responses in terms of rarity. Some places say the Boga and Rancor are very rares and the rest will be rares or less. Other sources say all will be commons. I really hope this is the case. Six boosters per case so I'll get a case and a half and be missing one huge. I'll trade off all my prequel pulls and focus on getting all the OT oriented stuff.
 Katarn07
07-30-2005, 1:49 AM
http://www.starwars.com/gaming/other/rpg/news20050728.html)

Great pics in there of nonhuges. Then of course, there are previews at two sites once a week. All of them are listed here (http://www.basecontact.com/). Dark Trooper not as powerful as I'd like him to be in game, but he's an awesome and large mini. His gun is weird, but whatever, still cool.
 ZBomber
07-30-2005, 2:04 AM
Hmm, the clone and nexu look pretty cool. ;)
 daring dueler
07-30-2005, 2:43 PM
I thought i might have been done after i got boba, but now... i need davin felth and kyle and the darktrooper, and i gotts ta get the rancor, at-st, and at-at...well just when you think your out, they pull you back in!
 Katarn07
07-30-2005, 9:20 PM
Yeah, EU is where it's all at. There is a young female Jedi Knight from NJO who in early, low res and blurry pics most people thought was Kyp Durron. Too bad, but at the same time, Kyp's a real bastard. I hope they make a Corran Horn, his wife, and most importantly the Solo kids first.
 Bon Solar
07-31-2005, 4:54 AM
Is that Luke or Han on the White beast?? (cant remember the name :()
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 3:05 PM
It's Luke on Tauntaun. It's yet to be said it is officially Luke but most people seem quite confident it's him. I wish it was a generic Hoth trooper on Tauntaun. Either way, it's a nice piece.
 daring dueler
07-31-2005, 3:33 PM
It would be pretty cool to have it be just a hoth soldier rather than luke or solo... but either way it really nice. The entire collectin is done very well in sculpt and paint.
 Katarn07
07-31-2005, 9:04 PM
The ones in green are realistic guesses, the red ones are complete wild guesses.
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/6757/universe32wg.jpg)
Basically, where X is the rarity, in order from most to least sure:

x
-x-
<x>
<x?>

Found this.
 daring dueler
07-31-2005, 9:13 PM
Thanks for finding that lol, now i just need to come here to check what to try to buy.
 Katarn07
08-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I wanted to see who would be good trades. The first 12 aren't important to me. If I pull a VR Vong Warmaster, I'd like him but trade him off for more important ones. I'm skeptical about another Chewie and Vader as well. Although, this Vader is supposed to kick ass and have him in his prime as he hunts down the remaining Jedi between RotS and ANH. That'd be cool. Hope his sculpt is good.
 daring dueler
08-01-2005, 4:21 PM
Yah, i really want Kyle lol, then ill worry about the rest. Maybe ill buy more this time and really get inot the trading scene.
 Katarn07
08-01-2005, 4:25 PM
Heh, that list is off already. They released a preview of the Bith and it turns out he's a Rebel. Neat little mini though.

WotC Preview (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=6852528#post6852528)
 daring dueler
08-01-2005, 5:47 PM
Cool. The more i think about these, they become even coller to me. I loved the first sets, but didnt get TOO into it, but i might now. Since my hasbro collecting is cut back to only be 1 figure instead of two of each, and basically no ships. I still have not bought the newer unleashed, But i need the next wave, cant pass up Asajj and such.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 2:05 AM
Unleashed are looking better and better. I didn't really like the first few 'emotionally themed' ones. I prefer realisim to abstract.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 2:08 AM
I just think they look cool, like star wars mcfarlane almost, the original ones like maul and jango arnt too great tho. But i love all the bounty hunters, the solo, vader...stormie, i think they are great.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 2:14 AM
Yeah, the last you mentioned and Luke Snowtrooper all come to mind as good. I had to get Obi and Anakin from RotS simply because that was the moment everyone had been waiting for in the entire prequel trilogy. It is one of the best parts of the saga for me, though I feel TPM has a better fight in terms of actual swordplay. I guess two on one and a double bladed weapon make things more interesting though.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 2:21 AM
True it was a big moment, i was (am) short on cash so im gonna pas on them for a while, but im starting to get more money for random things, so ill pick up with the new ones. I cant wait for the new minis tho.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 2:26 AM
You didn't get them? They're not hard at all so take your time. I have trouble making them stand on their bases. If you look in my pics, you'll See Obi isn't even on his :p
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 2:31 AM
Nope i didnt yet. Ill MAKE my obi get on there, i used to custom remember...yah well it gave me one skill, putting holes in things.

Actually a couple of the worste standing ones are luke hoth, and obi wan on geonosis, they always lean one way or another.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 2:39 AM
My dad got Obi on Geonosis free from the 'points' you get from spending with the SW credit card. He's got him on his desk. Obi and Qui are his fav characters. He liked Ewan in RotS and Sir Alec more than Ewan in the other two. Still, he'll take what he can get because I paid for the Mustufaar battle myself :p
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 2:43 AM
Obi wan is one of my favorite charactors as well, besides solo, hes maybe my favorite "good guy" ..maybe.

Ofcourse Alec Guiness is the $hit, but i really like Ewan as an actor, i think hes gonna be a big star as time passes.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 2:47 AM
Yeah, I agree 100%. Solo was, is, and may always be my favorite good guy. I liked Luke better in RotJ for some reason. The scoundrel in Solo vanished and he became more of a gentleman. I guess he didn't wanna blow his second chance to hook up with Leia? I dunno.... Alec's Obi was always a great guy, but Ewan did good showing how he too was once like Luke (as he tells Yoda in ESB) and how he matured to be the guy we knew. Very well done character development, while I may disagree with some of the other things in the PT.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 2:52 AM
Yah Obi, maul, Dooku...and a few other things were the best part of PT, we both know we have our problems with it.... Nothing beats Han... and that classic bad ass quote. "your taun taun will freeze before you reach the 3rd marker"

and mr basass says "then ill see you in hell!"
Love him.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 3:23 PM
There's a Nute Gunray (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/universepreview7) mini now. I hope he's VR so if I pull him, he's worth trading away for someone I'd rather have :p He's got a great sculpt and paint job though. Can't complain there.

I'm not getting the whole set. Just Original Trilogy and post Original Trilogy EU. Haven't decided on the Vong. I want them, just not as much as all the others.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 4:15 PM
Yah, the only care i have is OT as well, id trade away all my prequl stuff, and might... I do want Vong though, i like that part of EU kinda interesting, and to think they wanted boba fett dead, hah, it their dreams.

(we all know he made it out of the sarlaac, dont be a fool!)
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 4:19 PM
Don't let admin Kurgan see you say that. He thinks it's as bad as blasphemy! At least he agrees on them changing his voice for the DVD was dumb.

Yeah, I read three of the NJO novels. They're not my favorite, but I do like how the Jedi aren't all poweful against them. They're the Borg of SW.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 4:47 PM
Yah when i found out about the changes (bobas voice, spirits...) i was livid.
But as far as im concerned Boba survived, i accpet most EU as canon anyways.

Yah lol, they are kinda borg haha.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 4:50 PM
Yeah, I am not a big fan of the PT era EU stuff. Too much to absorb. They have too much stuff going on and now that I'm older, don't have time. I do have a few novels. Darth Maul Shadow Hunter (Darth Maul kicking ass!) and Rogue Planet (which sets the stage for NJO with the Vong sneaking in and stuff and has a very young Tarkin and the dude the dude that designed the TIEs and stuff, forgot his name....)

OT EU was done in a lot less force and had 20 years to do it so they seemed to take their time and I was able to take my time. I've read quite a bit. X-Wing books are by far my favorite series. Stackpole kicks ass. He needs to do some Kyle novels.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:04 PM
I have Rougue Planet, but yah i never got into PT EU, just OT.

Zahn is still one of ym favorites. But my absolute favorite EU book (not couning the dark forces ones ofcourse...they are just awsome) is Shadows Of The Empire. And the book where Boba and Vader face off, i forget which seriees it was in, it was also in a comic.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:08 PM
Yeah, I actually never read SotE. I read the juvenile version back in '95. Zahn is good. Loved the Heir to the Empire series. First adult novels I read.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:12 PM
Heir to the empire, Thats why i Love Mara (that and she was in mysteries of the sith).
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 5:16 PM
Are the SW books any good??
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:18 PM
Alot of them, yes. But not all of them, the better ones are from the Original Trilogy, dont fall into the PT black hole of literature.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:20 PM
Start with Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command. They're the first EU books written and to me, are among the best. The X-Wing books, the first four at least by Stackpole, are great as well.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 5:22 PM
Are they action packed and interesting??
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:25 PM
X-Wing definately is. Some of them are packed with politics that bored me when I was little, but I think you're old enough to enjoy the slow parts as well as the action. Stackpole's writing kicks ass. You feel as if you're in the dogfight with Rogue Squadron ;) Plus, Wedge Antilles is the star and this series is what lanched that minor character into stardom for fanboys. Another main character, Corran Horn, is first introduced. He later becomes a Jedi Master in the New Jedi Order and he's a great character.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:26 PM
Pretty good as far as action, but the storyline is quite compelling. I still love the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight series the best out of everything, but you kinda gotta be a Kyle fan to understand some of it.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 5:27 PM
Im a bit Kyle fan, i didnt know there were books :S
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:27 PM
There is a three part series based off of the game, Jedi Knight. The first tells of how Kyle ends up with the Rebels and it ends with level one of the first game. The second two tell the tale of Jedi Knight with stuff you don't see in the game.

It's been 6 or so years since I read the DF series. I wish they'd write more starring Kyle instead of basing them off stories we knew from the games. Still, the stories are short and decent. The illustrations in the last one are amazing. Don't recall the first two and I know they had different illustrators.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 5:29 PM
Ill see if i can find any of your recommendations in the shops, thanx
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:30 PM
The artwork was amazing. yeah different artists, but you wouldnt even know. I beleive the artist for the 3rd one was dorman or somethign like that.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:33 PM
Yeah, it was Dorman. I know the name because he did a whole bunch of SW art in the mid/ late '90s.

I don't own many SW books. Just a few. I got Splinter of the Mind's Eye from '77. First EU thing ever and written before George finished the script for ESB. It's ok. It only cost $.25 so I took it. I also have TPM novel, Rogue Planet, and Darth Maul Shadow Hunter. All my other SW books are reference materials like visual dictionaries, cross sections, essential guides, or the encyclopedia itself.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:38 PM
Yah i have alot of guides and essentials, but i have TPM, AOTC, and ROTS movie books. Rougue planet, all 3 of the kyle katarn books. Some Bounty Hunter and cantina books, SOTE, a couple NJO books, ...i dont even rememebr the other books. I know i have book with Kyp Durron and Corran Horn and such.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:42 PM
Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin Anderson most likely if it's not NJO.

I want to get all the reference books. I need the cross sections for RotS and the other 'Incredible Worlds' ones. I got AotC for Xmas. I'd love the OT one. The others I'd just like to have to make my collection of books complete.

I always borrowed books from a friend. He had all the X-Wing books and stuff as well as other good books like Crichton and what not. The last thing I read was the Narnia books which I bought. Before that? Halo and Indiana Jones :p
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:45 PM
I like those friends, the lending ones. Kinda like the library, he will let you barrow all his stuff in the hopes of being your friend. ENTER: Bookman.

"finding pictures of peepee's and weewee's"...classic.
Page: 1 of 3