Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tax Another Day!

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
04-18-2005, 12:05 AM
The new radio special is now online! One part, one big download, a complete story (and these are actually the way I prefer to do it)

Tax Another Day follows on directly from No One Rules Forever, which is why it starts out with four of the characters in prison, Death in charge of... well... everything, and Downer in a cage with evil monkeys.

And yes, it is technically the sixth Howard special. They go in this order:

The Howard Christmas Carol
Howard's From Space
The Prime Minister's New Groove
No One Rules Forever
Tax Another Day

Oh... that'd make it the fifth. My mistake. Oh well :)

Please post feedback. Also, feel free to comment on the new menu image for Sal :)
 LiMP RABBiT
04-18-2005, 2:09 PM
I listenned through it once. I'll have to listen to it a few more times to give a true opinion (I have a short attention span). Without considering the story (which I kinda missed http://forum.gamesradar.com/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif) I liked the comedy and the voices. Before I go any further, one question for you. Why didn't you have use one of the two voices for Death you have used in the past? Anyhoo, Carl... sorry, Howard v1.1, was great. A truly excellent voice. Also, kudos for the beginning music. I was hoping you'd make a song out of the original, but I never thought it was possible. Overall, I'd say the second best Howard so far.

And as for the menu, his arms look kinda 2D. I have full faith in Sallim and I'm certain that it will end up up to scratch with the others, but from that small image his arms look a bit funny. I'll wait for the Feature before making an opinion though.

P.S. I didn't know you were a Family Guy fan 8 of 12 ;)
 MJ
04-18-2005, 8:27 PM
Heh. I am a Family Guy fan, I'm wondering where I showed it though...

I like the Tax Another Day song. I couldn't do the entire Madonna song (and really, it'd be kinda pointless) but I did enough to make the joke work.

The Evil Howard Clone wasn't originally written as being black, so in the script he was kinda boring. It was Stuart's idea, I went with it, and as a result the radio play is very different from how it was originally intended :)

As for Death... you've heard two different Death's in the past, both voiced by Stuart Moncrieff (and there'll be a third one by the time you hear all the Howard Specials, by Lawrence). The 'Howard special' Death is different to the Tierra death... and in the Howard specials he's one of those characters that whoever has the least amount of conflicting lines does them. In the case of both Tax Another Day and No One Rules Forever, that was me.
Page: 1 of 1