Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Peragus bug

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn84
04-16-2005, 2:31 PM
Peragus, you are playing as T3, repair the hangar computer, open the door to the fuel depot, go on, change area. Now you are in a hallway with a containment field on an intersection but... T3 can't move, if you make him move forward the game lags, T3 teleport in front of the field and then end game, you can't go on, you can't go back, you can only explore all the menus until LA and Obsidian fix the bug...

Here are my specs:

Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 1

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz

RAM 768 MB

SAPPHIRE RADEON 9200 ATLANTIS 512 MB

Creative EMU10K1 Audio Processor (WDM)

OpenGL ATI Technologies Inc. 1.3.4955 WinXP Release

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

So what have I to do exept to swear about the 50 Ђ (~ 50 $ when I bought the game) gone with the wind?
 stingerhs
04-16-2005, 9:44 PM
i'm actually quite surprised that you can run the game considering that you only have OpenGL 1.3 (TSL requires 1.4).

anyways, i'm not too clear about your problem. i think what you're trying to say is that when you load the Fuel Depot module, the game lags so badly that it makes the game crash if you move, correct??

this brings me back to the OpenGL 1.3 thing. somehow, you're running the game with video drivers older than Catalyst 4.2. however, this in and of itself is also a major problem (as you've found out). you really need the latest Catalyst Drivers in order for the game to work properly.

unfortunately, this also means that your probably going to want to install Windows Service Pack 2, since that's the Windows XP version the Catalyst Drivers are designed to work with.

of course, just let me know if you already have the 5.4 Catalyst Drivers, and i'll continue to help out the best i can. :)
 Katarn84
04-17-2005, 11:32 AM
I heard 5.4 is useless with kotor 2 so I did'n donloaded it. The problem is that the game lags but music runs without problems and so do the menus... are you sure that winsp 2 and the catalyst are a way to solve the problem? Tell me yes, please...
 stingerhs
04-17-2005, 11:41 AM
i'm quite positive. i've heard nothing but good things about the latest 5.4 Catalyst drivers. and my own private testing confirmed that the drivers work fine, although they didn't give me the best possible performance. but my understanding is that it will work although your performance may vary slightly from machine to machine.

as for Windows Service Pack 2, i highly reccommend that you get it, especially if you have a broadband internet connection. a lot of holes in Windows were patched up in SP2 that would have otherwise caused some major security risks. if you can't tell, i recommend it reguardless of whether or not you'll be playing Kotor 2 again.
 Katarn84
04-17-2005, 1:51 PM
Thanks. I''l tell you if it works.
 Katarn84
04-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Installing the service pack was a not so good idea, the installation crashed and win had to be formatted... however when I did it right the game lagged as usual but my brother found a solution... Whoever has my problem has just to guide T3 with the camera looking backward (you look directly at T3's face) and the game stops lagging... strange bug indeed...
 stingerhs
04-21-2005, 11:07 AM
hmm, curiously that makes it sound like you have some major framerate issues more than anything else. first things first, i'll need to see what your in-game graphics settings are before i try to recommend something more extreme.

the easy way to post the settings: open the swkotor2.ini file (i have instructions on how to do this in the "TSL: ATI Driver issues" sticky) and copy & paste the contents into your post.
 Katarn84
04-21-2005, 2:28 PM
Here it is:

[Display Options]
FullScreen=1
Disable Movies=0
Disable Intro Movies=0
Sort Modules=1
Width=640
Height=480
BitsPerPixels=32
RefreshRate=60

[Sound Options]
Music Volume=85
Voiceover Volume=85
Sound Effects Volume=85
Movie Volume=85
Number 3D Voices=29
Number 2D Voices=64
2D3D Bias=1.50
EAX=2
Sound Init=0
Disable Sound=0
Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]
Grass=1
Shadows=1
EnableHardwareMouse=1
FullScreen=1
AllowSoftShadows=1
RefreshRate=85
Width=1024
Height=768
Emitters=1
Anisotropy=1
Frame Buffer=1
Soft Shadows=0
Brightness=57
V-Sync=1
Texture Quality=2
Anti Aliasing=0

[Game Options]
Enable Tooltips=1
Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000
TextureVariation=1
BodyVariation=2
AppearanceType=168
PCGender=0
GameCompleted=0
CurSithLord=0
Hide InGame GUI=0
Use Small Fonts=0
Hide Unequippable=0
Tutorial Popups=1
Subtitles=1
Mini Map=1
Floating Numbers=1
Status Summary=1
Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1
Mouse Sensitivity=44
Difficulty Level=1
Auto Level Up NPCs=0
Mouse Look=0
AutoSave=1
EnableScreenShot=0
Reverse Mouse Buttons=0
Reverse Ingame YAxis=0
Reverse Minigame YAxis=0
Combat Movement=1
UnlockedPlanetSongs=7
TooltipDelay Sec=1
Disable Movies=0
 stingerhs
04-21-2005, 2:32 PM
okay. now turn off the vsync and the anisotropy filtering. this should give you a signifigant fps boost.

if you want another fps boost (especially since you have an ATI card), go ahead and do steps 2 and three in the "TSL: ATI Drivers Issues" sticky.

these things should at least help the problem, if not solve it all together. :)
 Katarn84
04-22-2005, 4:31 AM
Well, it lags through all Peragus and now I met the HK droid also the audio goes crazy it starts to fizz for half an hour or make a beep just as long which broke my eardrums. I tried to shut down music, voices and effects but I could only shut down the speakers. This game is starting to annoy me... I hope it doesn't fail me again, for its safeness...:vadar:
 stingerhs
04-22-2005, 7:38 AM
hmm, that shouldn't be happening. out of curiousity, have you done any spyware or virus scans on your computer?? i ask you this not because they'll mess up the game, but rather because they could be stealing system resources from the game.

also, if you have the US version, you really need to run the updater to patch the game. from what i understand, its actually solved several peoples problems in this forum. if you don't have the US version, you're just going to have to wait for the international patch (which was due sometime this week).

and i know that these suggestions are fairly simple, but i'd prefer to hold off on the most extreme suggestions until after the simple stuff has been done first. so just hang in there if it still doesn't work. :)
 Katarn84
04-22-2005, 7:51 AM
I have the italian version but if you are speaking of patch 1.01b (the one of 12 MB) I already downloaded the italian one and since I formatted the PC I think it's hardly possible of any virus interference.
Page: 1 of 1