Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help---Slowing down problem

Page: 1 of 1
 alodude
04-15-2005, 1:33 PM
Kotor II runs fine, until I am in a big open area like on Dantooine. Then Everything slows down to a point where I cannot even walk anywhere. It's intolerable!!!

IT may work for a second if I turn on v-sync and force software sound. but when I go back into the ebon hawk, and come back out again--the problem persists.

DOes anyone else have this problem?

My system is---

-250w power supply
-2.6ghz celeron--via chipset-amptron microatx motherboard
-1gb RAM-- 1x512 exlixr // 1x512 corsair
-2 ATA hard drives
-1 cdrw drive
-audigy 2 value
-9800 pro 128 video card
-paging file set to "recomended"

Please let me know if you have any advice on how to sovles this problem.
 Darth333
04-15-2005, 1:46 PM
Check this thread:
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144109)

The "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" mentionned at point 2 should fix the Dantoine issue.

Moving this thread to the workbench, which is the appropriate forum for technical problems.
 Kiwegapa
04-15-2005, 10:25 PM
alodude, make sure you update KOTOR II to the latest version by running the updater.

I have found that running the latest Catalyst 5.4 drivers and playing the patched version of the game allows me to play on Dantooine without the 'Disable Vertex Buffer Objects' fix.

Your experience may differ, and the 'Disable Vertex Buffer Objects' line will not do any harm, so you can leave it in even if you update.
Page: 1 of 1