Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Blasted Dantooine lag(TSL)

Page: 1 of 1
 Hiroki
04-13-2005, 2:36 AM
Does anyone else get -really- bad lag around the Militia HQ? I'm not sure why it is, there are other more busy areas in the game, with more going on, more npcs ect, and I receive no lag there. I've found no way to fix it yet however. Does anyone know what I could do? Its driving me nuts and it causes my character to warp everywhere.

Please hurry, I can't continue without a fix for it. o.O
 stingerhs
04-13-2005, 10:53 AM
check steps 2 and 3 in the "TSL: ATI driver issues thread. ;)
 lukeiamyourdad
04-14-2005, 9:56 PM
Or download Catalyst 5.4

It's supposed to fix that issue.
 stingerhs
04-14-2005, 10:40 PM
actually, i tested that bit, and althought it somewhat fixed it, i still didn't get over 40fps w/o the special OpenGL driver and the DisableVertexBufferObjects thing in the .ini.

and before you ask, i was averaging 25-30 fps w/o the driver and .ini fix compared to 40+ with the fixes. its playable, granted, but it still doesn't give you the best performance, neither. :dozey:
 lukeiamyourdad
04-15-2005, 8:22 AM
Meh, I've never had that problem anyway so I couldn't test it :dozey:
 stingerhs
04-15-2005, 8:50 AM
well, it does make things much more playable than it was, so i'll edit the sticky to make the second step optional (the .ini step).

keeping things simple is usually the best way to go, most of the time, anyways. :)
Page: 1 of 1