Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PC saves to X-Box?

Page: 1 of 1
 darthadam83
04-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi Guys, does anyone out there know if it's possible to port your PC saves over to the X-Box? I'm new on this so I'm not sure if you can, I'm using Action Replay and everytime I try Copying over, It tells me it's not an X-box save game.

If anyone knows, it'd be great!:band:
 tk102
04-14-2005, 4:12 PM
I don't know too much, but I do know that there are 7 .sig files that are required by the Xbox to recognize the savegame as legit. KSE will create 6 of the 7 .sig files. Unfortunately I don't know how to get the 7th one (SAVE_HEADER.sig). This means that you have to start with an Xbox save to begin with that has a legitimate SAVE_HEADER.sig. When you move the Xbox save to the PC, you can follow the KSE instructions to modify it (limited modifications), and then move it back to the Xbox using the original SAVE_HEADER.sig and the 6 new .sig files. If you don't edit too extensively, you should be able to use the same SAVE_HEADER.sig.

Of course, all this is moot if you don't have the SAVE_HEADER.sig in the first place. :)

(Also, I don't own an Xbox, so I can't give you details on how to move files back and forth to the PC.)
 darthadam83
04-14-2005, 4:29 PM
Thanks for that tk, I'll have a good look at that and see ehat I can find. I'll let you know if I do it!:D
 Evil-Wan
08-27-2005, 4:08 PM
I personally have pulled PC Modded Content for KotOR off of the Internet and put them into My XBOX. I have added things like Stormtroopers, Skimpy Bastila Outfits, Eviler Darkside Faces, New Robes, New Bastila Heads, Mission's Clothes, Bloody Malak... etc.

I know for a fact that it works, Im still trying a bunch of more of the downloads that I have taken that people have made for PC and put them on my XBOX. They dont all work. But some of them do, and its pretty cool to see when they do transfer over.
 darthadam83
08-28-2005, 6:31 AM
Yeah, I've managed to get things to work too like different heads, bodies etc and they are pretty cool once they're running.
The only thing that Doesn't work if you put .2da files in, the game doesn't load up properly then.
Cheers!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
08-29-2005, 6:18 PM
You can always do some hex-editing, there are a vast number of tutorials on the internet. Old Skool.
Page: 1 of 1