Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem!

Page: 1 of 1
 JKDomination
04-09-2005, 4:59 AM
Hi

So, first problem with the editor...

I assign a PlayerStart to the level, and press Play Level, but nothing happens!

it won't even load the game's own levels when I press 'Play Level'. Any ideas why?
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-09-2005, 6:13 AM
I found that strange, too, and have no idea what causes it. I just tested the level by double clicking the file, and choosing to open with republic commando. The problem I had, was that I couldnt get it to load as a multiplayer map, even though I named it starting with DM_
 JKDomination
04-09-2005, 8:25 AM
Ah, thanks.

Any idea how to make it load my default player profile? It will get frustrating to set the settings every time when testing a level.
 Deth Metal
04-09-2005, 11:18 AM
The reason "Play Map!" doesn't work is because *I think* the devs forgot to point it to SWRepublicCommando.exe.

What I do is open up UnrealEd and RC at the same time. As long as you are not modifying the map you are currently on, you can just hop in the console and type "open <mapname>" and that'll take you straight to it.

NOTE: This works for multiplayer AND single player.

Also, the prefixes (DM_ and CTF_) have NO effect on the map whatsoever. I think the way it's set up is that the DM_ prefix has the flag assets removed and CTF_ has them in. Other than that I don't know of any difference.
Page: 1 of 1