Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What base management maybe looks like

Page: 1 of 1
 Dagobahn Eagle
04-05-2005, 3:59 PM
I played X-Com I again today (on the hardest difficulty level, losing a squad of eight to Sectoid fire:().

Anyways, I realized how similar EaW's base building system is to X-Com's system: You have a base that you "build extensions to", and which "takes part in battle and can be damaged".

So I thought I'd contribute with this. This is, according to myself, a good idea on what to expect:

Of course it won't have the same facilities, etc., but it's the same basic idea.

Linkie (http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=230826)
Maybe the graphics will be slightly better...;)?
 FroZticles
04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Maybe but I'm sure it will be more advanced or I hope it will :D
 Dagobahn Eagle
04-06-2005, 12:37 AM
There's a bit more to it than that in X-Com. You need to buy every clip, every medi-kit, every cannon round. X-Com isn't a simple game:D.

But eitherhows, the developers have said it'll be fairly simplistic...
 Darth Alec
04-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Sounds highly complicated, but fun to play.But hopefully we dont have to by the tibbana gas for the weapons.
 Dagobahn Eagle
04-06-2005, 1:09 PM
I agree (it's no secret that X-Com UFO Defence has a learning curve;)), but it's actually vastly fun and immersive, having so much control of your troops and fighters. I could go on, but I'd be off-topic, so nah...:p
 Omikron
04-09-2005, 9:51 PM
I suspect what your thinking of will be pretty accurate (although much better visuals :p ).
Page: 1 of 1