Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darksword Mod is now Available!

Page: 2 of 2
 ChAiNz.2da
04-24-2005, 3:55 PM
Man, I'm just reviving old threads like it's kewl... ;)

which it isn't BTW... trying not to make a habit out of it.... hehehe

Anywho, I received a little request this morning on disabling the plasma effect for those not wanting it...

It's a relatively simple fix, but just to save you the headaches, you can download the file here:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/Darksword/NoEffect-Darksword.zip)

From the included readme:

Installation:
-------------
Install the Darksword mod normally (instructions in the Mod's readme file).

Go ahead and choose a color (it provides the icons and other necessary files).

Once installed, overwrite the 2 files with the ones included in this file.

Simple as that.

The Darksword will retain all properties and such, without the plasma effect.

** Your icon and description in the .uti will still state a "color", but it will no longer be active in the game **

ENJOY! :)

The link can also be found over at PCGM in the Darksword's comments section... and will eventually find it's way to my site when I get a little time...
 General Kenobi
04-24-2005, 4:46 PM
That's cool ChAiNz, the sword would look good either way. I'm gonna get the altered version myself now. Good job :)
 Zaarin5000
04-24-2005, 10:30 PM
This sword PWNs! :D I like playing eccentric Jedi who wield melee weapons instead of sabers, and this caters to me. ;)
 Carodej
12-30-2005, 3:24 PM
I have only one word for your mod - WOW! I’ve had KoTOR2 for quite some time, but only recently started playing it again. This time I have been adding a lot of mods (and there sure are a lot of good ones here), but I think your is my favorite so far. I really hated playing so much of the game without a light saber, and I prefer not to cheat if possible. So I was really happy to see the darkswords, giving me something more than just a melee weapon, while something less than a light saber. I also enjoyed the hazardous Nightsister Witch encounter. Thanks ever so much and keep up the good work!
 ChAiNz.2da
12-31-2005, 4:33 AM
wow.. thanks Carodej.. you just made my day :emodanc:

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod.. it means alot getting feedback on something.. especially a glowing review such as yours :D

Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:
 Char Ell
01-14-2006, 4:12 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with Carodej. I just tried your mod out ChAiNz.2da and it definitely rocks. :thumbsup: Having to defeat the Nightwitch in order to gain this awesome weapon is a nice touch too.

While I haven't made up my mind if I like the light strobe effect or not I'm gratified that you've already provided a fix if I decide I don't like it. Did I already say this is an awesome mod?! And another plus is that the USM's baseitems.2da and upcrystals.2da already have lines for the Darksword in them so I didn't have to worry about compatibility with USM. I just didn't copy the baseitems and upcrystals from the Darksword mod (since I already had the USM installed to override) and voila! The Darksword mod worked like a charm. "I just love it when a plan comes together!" -Hannibal from A-team
 5th_horseman
03-19-2007, 6:13 PM
A little grave digging here. The thing is I like this mod, but what I would like to know (A) If is it possible if you could produce a double bladed version, or (B) Could you provide details so I can make it myself? I would be happy to turn over the files made to produce a updated version 3 if this were the case.

The type of details I would be looking for are what templates were used, and how they where changed? The colour tga's you created for version 2, can they be used for a double bladed version?

This would be my first attempt at modding kotor 2, so any details you could provide, if you do not want to produce it yourself, would be very useful.
Page: 2 of 2