Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hi... is Rage2.efx "hard-coded"

Page: 1 of 1
 VonCrappre
04-01-2005, 5:19 AM
I can't seem to get rid of that stupid red flashy "caustic" covering.
I've tried editing the efx file (I know full well how to) and when I get it into the mod, its still the same old annoying thing.
Does anyone know how to get rid of it?
 razorace
04-01-2005, 2:48 PM
are you sure that you're modified version is actually replacing the original version? Remember that the .pk3 has to be in lower alphanumberic number than the asset.pk3s.
 VonCrappre
04-01-2005, 3:17 PM
ok. thank you razorace, I'll give that a shot.
 VonCrappre
04-01-2005, 4:11 PM
no luck. I still can't get rid of it, even with an empty efx file of all things it still won't go away. I'm pretty desperate now, but I don't want to replace the originals in the base pk3's. I've tried resizeing the effects, changing them, blacking them, switching them, changeing the timing, but none of them work.
do you have any ideas?
 razorace
04-02-2005, 1:40 AM
oh wait. Isn't that effect a shader instead of an actual effect? You probably just need to change the shader.
 VonCrappre
04-02-2005, 2:51 AM
alright, I'll look into that instead... would it be in the "effects.shader" or "common"? anyhow, its probably got a part in a bunch of different shader files. I guess. what do you think?
 VonCrappre
04-02-2005, 3:33 AM
OK! I found out everything! I went searching in the shaders and found what I needed. Thanks Razorace for reminding me about that shader file route again.
 razorace
04-02-2005, 2:40 PM
you're welcome.
Page: 1 of 1