Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't play mp with new router

Page: 1 of 1
 jespley
03-31-2005, 2:56 AM
Hey,

I tried to play both JKII and JA tonight after not playing them for a while and I couldn't get logged in to any servers. I'd get to the screen where it says that I'm waiting to get logged into the server but it would just sit and wait forever. I'm completely up to date patchwise and as far as I know I was logging into servers that were just running the regular maps (not mods). The only thing that has changed is I have a new router. It's a D-Link DI-524 Airplus G wireless router. Is there something I need to do with the ports?

Thanks.
 INFERNOJHC
03-31-2005, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by jespley
Hey,

I tried to play both JKII and JA tonight after not playing them for a while and I couldn't get logged in to any servers. I'd get to the screen where it says that I'm waiting to get logged into the server but it would just sit and wait forever. I'm completely up to date patchwise and as far as I know I was logging into servers that were just running the regular maps (not mods). The only thing that has changed is I have a new router. It's a D-Link DI-524 Airplus G wireless router. Is there something I need to do with the ports?

Thanks.

There should be something like NAT and Special Applications in the network setup, just add the required port. I guess thats for joining, if you wanna host you have to configure Virtual Servers as well. Most of the routers should have something like a self-explanatory setup-tool anyway.
 jespley
03-31-2005, 9:50 PM
Yeah, i figured out after reading the readme. Who would have figured that there would actually be useful information in there. LOL. Actually it was called "trouble.doc" which threw me off a bit.

In any case, it's ports UDP 28060, 28061, 28062, and 28070-28081 for anyone else wondering.
Page: 1 of 1