Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi v. Sith Armor Pack + Mask Model Fix

Page: 1 of 1
 Drakonnen
03-31-2005, 1:40 AM
Its finally up at: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11332.html)

Download away!

--------------------------------------------

Introduction:

This is a modification pack for KOTOR2: TSL which contains two new upgradeable armors and two new masks, one of each for Light Side/Jedi characters and one for Dark Side/Sith characters, as well as a model fix for the Force Mask style mask.

This modification pack also modifies the baseitems.2da file in order to make these two new "Force crystal" based armors not restrict Force powers.

--------------------------------------------

In Game Item Contents :

Jedi:

Advanced Jedi Battle Armor: An upgradeable Light Side restricted armor which does not restrict the use of Force Powers.

Avatar of the Force: A powerful Light Side restricted mask based loosely on Jango Fett's Helmet.

Sith:

Ancient Sith Battle Armor: An upgradeable Dark Side restricted armor which does not restrict the use of Force Powers.

Mantle of the Dark Lord: A powerful Dark Side restricted mask styled to match the Sith armor.

-------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

Jedi v. Sith Comparison 1: http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=jedivsith16li.jpg)

Jedi v. Sith Comparison 2: http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=jedivsith22dc.jpg)

Male Jedi Armor: http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=malejedi6no.jpg)

Female Jedi Armor: http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=femalejedi6ot.jpg)

Jedi Mask Closeup: http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=jedimask6ab.jpg)

Male Sith Armor: http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=malesith7qx.jpg)

Female Sith Armor: http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=femalesith1ws.jpg)

Sith Mask Closeup: http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=sithmask2bu.jpg)
 Mav
03-31-2005, 1:47 AM
going to get mine right now, this has been long awaited
 Darkkender
03-31-2005, 2:02 AM
Wow what I wouldn't give for a snoopy dancing smiley for this release. However I think this will do.:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
 Drakonnen
03-31-2005, 2:13 AM
Tell me about it. Now that I've got a head that I like, good looking equipment and some sexy outfits for the ladies, I think I'll actually start playing the game a bit again considering I stopped more than half way through.
 Mav
03-31-2005, 4:41 AM
I just checked it out in-game, but it seems that you forgot to pack the .txi files with the mod, forgive me if I'm wrong though.

from readme:
Thank you to maverick 187 for the great Readme file format (told you it would be in the next one!).
;)
 Drakonnen
03-31-2005, 11:13 AM
There are no .txi files for the armor.

If you mean .txi files containing CM_Bright, I tried doing that but the game wouldn't recognize them anyways, something to do with the model I guess. So there is no glow effect, but the crystals really shouldn't glow anyways I suppose, although their ultra shiny/reflective as they should be.

Plus if I had gotten CM_Bright to work, then the armor wouldn't be shiny which would've sucked.
 shosey
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
I really like the Jedi armor, very good job!
 Lorden Darkblade
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
It's out :D
Downloading as I type this ;)
This will stay for a long time in my Override folde :D
Great job Drakonnen :thumbsup:
 Bob Lion54
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Very nicely done!!! The female armor is great!!!

ps- I love the Jedi v Sith thing in the screenies, too. :cool:

:cool:
 Colma Adawin
03-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
This will stay for a long time in my Override folde :D
Great job Drakonnen :thumbsup:

Originally posted by shosey
I really like the Jedi armor, very good job!

Originally posted by Lion54
Very nicely done!!! The female armor is great!!!

what else is there to say, 3 ppl have already said basicly what i would've said!

but i say something anyway... ah chew! ...... excuse me.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Excellent Job Bud! :cool:

MattCole
 Shadow Blaze
03-31-2005, 4:56 PM
I downloaded it but I am noticing a problem. The area where the crystals are in the screenshots crystals don't appear colored in the game. On the jedi one it is still silver and in the sith one it is the same golden texture.
 Drakonnen
03-31-2005, 5:12 PM
As with anything, it varies based on the lighting where you are at.

Like I said, its not possible to make them glow the way the electromesh armor or the mask does because of the way the model is set up, so in dark areas the color won't show as well, same as if you you a jeweled ring into a dark room. You can't see the color very welll and it doesn't glow or shine.

Go into the sunlight with the same jeweled ring and that thing will shine and show its color off like crazy though.

Same with the "crystals" in these armor in game.

Go to the same place as those screenshots were taken, and due to the lightning, they'll look just like that. Most places in the game aren't too dark anyways i'd say, so the majority of the time it should look like that.
 Shadow Blaze
03-31-2005, 5:44 PM
Originally posted by Drakonnen
As with anything, it varies based on the lighting where you are at.

Like I said, its not possible to make them glow the way the electromesh armor or the mask does because of the way the model is set up, so in dark areas the color won't show as well, same as if you you a jeweled ring into a dark room. You can't see the color very welll and it doesn't glow or shine.

Go into the sunlight with the same jeweled ring and that thing will shine and show its color off like crazy though.

Same with the "crystals" in these armor in game.

Go to the same place as those screenshots were taken, and due to the lightning, they'll look just like that. Most places in the game aren't too dark anyways i'd say, so the majority of the time it should look like that.

Heh sorry 'bout that I just thought it would be more visible even on dantooine, but I guess not. In fact I looked at it in the upgrade menu before you typed your post and I saw the crystals:D Then I got called away and didn't get to delete my post.
 KaoruSoulreaper
04-24-2005, 5:52 AM
hey um i got a problem i was messing around with the .utc files with kotor tool and when i did that its said they were missing theyre base item properties the same problem ocurred with the seagyn wynd armors too. Wanted to know if you could tell me what theyre base item is currently i set it to deffense 9 but the force powers now dont work . I have this thing with editing item abilities and this time it bit me in the arse so to speak
 Achilles
04-24-2005, 5:58 AM
This mod requires that you use a modified baseitems.2da file. I won't go into too much of an explanation, but the file included with the download includes an extra Armor_Class_9 entry that has been modified not to restrict force powers.

If you change the baseitem in the .uti file you should be able to change it back. If you removed the .2da file you will need to replace it. If the mod's baseitems.2da file is conflicting with another mod's, then you will have to edit the altered entries from one file into another to make them compatible.

I hope that helps.
 KaoruSoulreaper
04-24-2005, 6:06 AM
the base items 2da isnt the problem i also have chaiz.2da dark sword with the compatible 2da he made its just when i tried editing the items properties the kotor tool said that it had no base item field in the editor menu so to fix it i need to know the exact item in the drop down menu so it will work properlly. in fact the same problem happened with the dark sword two but i know he based that of the light saber model
 Achilles
04-24-2005, 6:10 AM
KT will look for a modded baseitems.2da folder as long as it has been modified before you open KT. In other words, you can't open KT, mod the .2da file, and then expect the new entry to appear in the drop down.

If it's not behaving as it should you might want to double check to make sure that you have the most recent version.
 KaoruSoulreaper
04-24-2005, 6:14 AM
it is the most recent from pcgamemods and i didnt edit the 2da just the uti to change the description and name of the item. when i load the armor with kt before i could even see the item to edit it it said that it was missing the base item from the kt drop down menu
 KaoruSoulreaper
04-24-2005, 6:46 AM
n/m i know what happened it has somthing to do with kt its self i went to work with the new version of kt on some old armor from the original kotor and the problem occoured again when it didnt with the previous version of kt i was using. basicly the rules is i guess that if you want unforcerestricted armor dont go editing them when you dload them >;p
 ChAiNz.2da
04-24-2005, 9:05 AM
In order for KT to list the edited baseitems.2da entries in the drop-down, you need to make sure that the edited baseitems.2da is in your override directory before you start KT...

Also, in KT you need to make sure you have the option for it to search your override for said files...

Tools>Option>Other>

"Look in game's override folder for 2dafiles" (make sure the box is checked)..

In the drop-down list, the edited entries are always going to be at the bottom of the drop list.. though it may not have the actual "name" of the item you're editing..

ie - Segan Wyndh Armor appears as "Defense Bonus 8" and the Darksword appears as "Vibroblade" (probably the very last entry inthe list)..

If all else fails, use a GFF Editor. With it you can just enter the actual numerical value (baseitems line #) for the entry :)
 KaoruSoulreaper
04-24-2005, 12:42 PM
bro you are a life saver as always btw i got some screenies to send you of what im working on send me a pm if its ok....and thanks again ach, and chainz got it working and my exile can force run >;p
 Obex
04-24-2005, 3:31 PM
Wow, these screenshots look geat. Very nice work.

Two quick questions: First, are the items planted in game, or are they meant to be consoled in? Second, would you mind posting the armor and mask stats?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
 Drakonnen
04-25-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Obex
Wow, these screenshots look geat. Very nice work.

Two quick questions: First, are the items planted in game, or are they meant to be consoled in? Second, would you mind posting the armor and mask stats?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

The items are not planted in game, and are meant to be consoled in. Unfortunately I've never worked with scripts or the like to put it in a specific place or set up an encounter, plus alot of people were asking for it at the time so I didn't want to delay much longer.

Alternatively, you do have a chance of looting the armor by normal means.

The only other option would have been to make it buildable at the worktable, but that would've cause more potential .2da conflicts., Also, and more importantly in my opinion, it wouldn't have made much sense as if you read the item descriptions they're either decades, or millenia old, so it would be out of place to have an ancient battle armor you just built from scratch 2 minutes ago.

The Mask and Armor for the Jedi and Sith have mirrored stats. These were meant to be Epic items, so to speak. Off hand the stats are:

Armors:

Jedi Defense Feat Required
Armor Proficiency Heavy Feat Required
Defensive Bonus: 14
Force Regeneration: +2
Does Not Restrict Force Powers.
No Max Dexterity Limitation (which allows for a huge defensive bonus if you have high dexterity when stacked with the armor itself, but nothign too outrageous if you're playing with a hardcore mod I've found)

Masks:
Jedi Defense Feat Required
Armor Proficiency Medium Feat Required
Improved Force Resistance: +16
Improved Saving Throws: Will +5
Blaster Bolt Deflection Increase: +4
Force Regeneration: +1
Immunity: Stun, Fear, Horror
Attribute Bonus: Wisdom +2
Attribute Bonus: Charisma +2
Skill Bonus: Awareness +4
Skill Bonus: Persuade +4

Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper
btw i got some screenies to send you of what im working on send me a pm if its ok

Were you asking me, or ChAiNz.2da or Achilles?
 Obex
04-25-2005, 6:57 AM
Thanks for the information. With all the efforts being made to increase the difficulty of the game, this just might come in real handy. Once again, thanks for the great work.
 Drakonnen
04-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Obex
Thanks for the information. With all the efforts being made to increase the difficulty of the game, this just might come in real handy. Once again, thanks for the great work.

Not a problem.

Also, I thought I would point out that if you want to change the stats of each item, its very very easy to do using the KOTOR Tool, so its really just the look of the items that is important in the long run, in my opinion
 DarthExile27
01-18-2007, 5:10 PM
I am having problems using the armor for the Jedi V. Sith Armor mod by Drakonnen. I can't put the body armor ingame via console nor can i put it in via KSE. Here are 2 images of the error messages I get when I try to add it with KSE.

Error #1 (http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error1ru0.jpg)

Error #2 (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error2ym3.jpg)

And yes I did put all the files in the Override folder and I did enable cheats in the ini file. The mask works fine it's only the body armor I'm having problems with.

Thanks in advance.

Thread merged with mods release thread, helps to keep things tidy. -RH
 TMPhoenix
01-18-2007, 6:02 PM
I think this is a bug in KSE, it is caused (I think) by the image of the item (probably a custom item issue). However the items should work fine, if you just ignore the errors.

Of course, it never hurts to make a backup of your save.
 DarthExile27
01-18-2007, 6:42 PM
Tried it TMPhoenix, but it doesn't work. It appears in the inventory list in KSE, but it doesn't appear ingame.
 Darkkender
01-19-2007, 12:40 AM
The archive could have been corupt upon download or at least the uti files might be corupt. So when KSE tries to retrieve the file it's returning a error because there is aproblem with the file. This is likely the reason you can't get it with the console either.
 SithRevan
01-19-2007, 1:03 AM
I have gotten that same error before. It either means your game save is corrupt(which does not look like the case), the uti file is corrupt, or you do not have an icon in your override for that item. Try checking all of those things and that may help.
 DarthExile27
01-19-2007, 1:37 AM
Thanks for the replies everybody.

Darkkender and Sith Revan: I've tried everything both of you suggested, but I get the same errors.

I've tried to open the uti files and I get this error:

Error (http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard01vr7.jpg)

Then when KT opens the base item tab is orange like so:

Orange tab (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard02sa3.jpg)

EDIT: RedHawke: Thanks for merging the threads I didn't know it was ok to perform thread necromancy.

Well here it really isn't necromancy as you had a legitimate issue or question. ;) -RH

EDIT: Darkkender: I worked around the problem by downloading your (TSL) Holowan plugin, the armor is included in your mod and works.
 Darkkender
01-19-2007, 4:02 PM
I'm thinking your error might have been caused by a missing baseitem reference in the uti file or a mismatched entry. However it is good to see that the Plugin saved the day for somebody.
 Ken
01-19-2007, 6:23 PM
Great job Drakonnen. Love the awesome armor textures. I'm happy people have made better textures for those types of armor cause the ingame ones are pretty ugly. Now I just have to get through KOTOR I again...
Page: 1 of 1