Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TK names?

Page: 1 of 1
 Murf
03-29-2005, 5:21 PM
I notice some people have names that start with "TK" and end in a number. I believe they represent Stormtroopers/Clones.

Where did this "TK" naming convention come from?

Star Wars movie - which one? Novels? Where?

Just curious?
 ET Warrior
03-29-2005, 9:17 PM
I'm assuming it's just a designation for different parts of the imperial force. Like, pilots would have a different prefix methinks. :)
 TK-8252
03-29-2005, 9:37 PM
TK is the designation for Stormtroopers. Not sure about Clone Troopers though.
 chatto
03-29-2005, 11:01 PM
n here i was thinking there was a Team Killers clan:D

-May the force be with us all:ewok:
 Ezralite
03-30-2005, 12:21 AM
TK is a StormTrooper
TD is a SandTrooper
TS is a SnowTrooper
TI is a TIE Pilot
TA is an AT-AT Pilot
TB is a Biker Scout
TC is a CloneTrooper

I believe that covers it. ;) There might be more though.

// Lou
 TK-8252
03-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Ezralite
TK is a StormTrooper
TD is a SandTrooper
TS is a SnowTrooper
TI is a TIE Pilot
TA is an AT-AT Pilot
TB is a Biker Scout
TC is a CloneTrooper

I believe that covers it. ;) There might be more though.

// Lou

Those are fan-made designations I believe... taken from the 501st?

It doesn't quite make sense since all of the second letters stand for what the kind of trooper it is, except for the Stormtrooper. What's the K stand for?
 Murf
03-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info.

I remember the seen in ANH and that makes the most sense to me. I was guessing it probably came from a movie, just not sure where.
 Darth Andrew
03-31-2005, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Those are fan-made designations I believe... taken from the 501st?

It doesn't quite make sense since all of the second letters stand for what the kind of trooper it is, except for the Stormtrooper. What's the K stand for?

Krazy shootin'.;) :p
 clonearcman
04-01-2005, 6:56 PM
Just for any questions on the clones; the different "batches" cloned are named differently in the way of what generation they were. ARC troopers are named "alpha" because they were the first batch made and the prototypes.:cool: The rest then had different names like "omikron" and "delta". Its wierd that they have all the random names in BF battlefields because I would think that they would really be in "Delta battalion" and stuff like that.

P.S. Where did you get the info Ezralite? It was great info and I just wanted to check it out.
 tk102
04-01-2005, 6:56 PM
My initials are TK.
You all just want to be like me.
 clonearcman
04-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Pffffffffffffffff. If anything its cause you live in Oregon and I do too.:p Not to get off topic or anything.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 chatto
04-16-2005, 2:15 PM
yeah, you are off topic:p but nwyz ive had that same thought bou the clone troopers. But seriously there most every person wit TK in its name has turnout to be a team killer. so im still not sure if there any TK players who arent lookin for their teammates (usually me) to team kill.

-May the force be with us all. :ewok:
 clonearcman
04-16-2005, 4:58 PM
Wait a second. We missed one. What about JJ? Its in BF so its probably a name. Maybe Dark trooper?
 chatto
04-18-2005, 10:24 AM
JJ? I think thats Jar Jar Bins!lol. He joins the empire in episode 3 and dresses like a dark trooper to terrorize the ewokes of Endor!

-May the force be with us all. :ewok:

PS. Hey look an Ewok---------^^^^^
 SkinWalker
04-22-2005, 2:55 PM
I can't verify it, but I thought "TK-421" was one of the robot police officers in TK-1138, Lucas' first film. THX-1138, of course, was the main character of the film.

So the whole thing is a tribute to THX-1138 and I believe that was the original title Lucas used in the Star Wars script prior to changing the stormtrooper's designation to TK-421.

I think this information is in the "Star Wars: Behind the Magic" CD-ROM if anyone has it. I don't.
 scout_zero
04-22-2005, 3:16 PM
TK-421 was one of the stormtroopers who got blasted by Han Solo.
 SkinWalker
04-22-2005, 3:38 PM
He was the stormtrooper that "wasn't at his post" because the hidden crew and passengers of the Millennium Falcon stole his uniform, presumably rendering him unconscious.

But the usage of the name is an homage to the movie THX-1138.
Page: 1 of 1