Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What are the chances...

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Haine
03-28-2005, 1:17 AM
What are the chances of Lucas re making all the old trilogy, with the same storyline and everything, just using the actors that are in Ep 1 2 and 3 and new computer graphics and stuff, but having the same sets and storyline, so dont change anything drastic, just make it look alot better?
Ive been thinking about it for a while, it would be so cool to see the original trilogy brought back to life, and i mean, they would make loads more money so...
What do you guys think?
 Prime
03-28-2005, 11:55 AM
That doesn't really make any sense. Use the actors in 1-3? How would that work?

And as for updating effects, to a large extent he has arleady done that...
 Lord Haine
03-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I mean, for example using the Obi-Wan actor that is in episode 3 in 4, 5 and 6.
Remaking the old trilogy.
 El Sitherino
03-28-2005, 6:42 PM
That's stupid.

Makes no sense either, Alec IS old Ben Kenobi.
 Lord Haine
03-29-2005, 2:24 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
That's stupid.

Makes no sense either, Alec IS old Ben Kenobi.

???

I mean using the new Obi, (Ewan McGregor) and remaking the old films with the new actors, e.g

Ewan McGregor .... Obi-Wan Kenobi
Natalie Portman .... Sen. Padmй Amidala
Hayden Christensen .... Anakin Skywalker
Christopher Lee .... Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus
Samuel L. Jackson .... Mace Windu
Frank Oz .... Yoda (voice)
Ian McDiarmid .... Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
Pernilla August .... Shmi Skywalker-Lars
Temuera Morrison .... Jango Fett
Daniel Logan .... Boba Fett
Jimmy Smits .... Sen. Bail Organa
Jack Thompson .... Cliegg Lars
Leeanna Walsman .... Zam Wesell
Ahmed Best .... Jar Jar Binks (voice)
Rose Byrne .... Dormй

And all new effects and graphics and stuff
 coupes.
03-29-2005, 2:38 AM
First of all, most of these characters are dead or don't have a role to play during the original trilogy. :rolleyes: Also, frank Oz is already playing Yoda's part in the OT, same thing with Ian McDiarmind. And as much as I like Ewan ans Obi, I think it would truly suck to replace Alec Guiness. And who would you cast as Luke, Han and Leia ?

Bleh... I hope this doesn't happen.
 El Sitherino
03-29-2005, 5:02 AM
Originally posted by Lord Haine
???

I mean using the new Obi, (Ewan McGregor) and remaking the old films with the new actors, e.g
I know, and I'm saying you can't because Alec Guiness IS Old Ben Kenobi. It just can't be Old Ben without Guiness.
 Lord Haine
03-29-2005, 6:32 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I know, and I'm saying you can't because Alec Guiness IS Old Ben Kenobi. It just can't be Old Ben without Guiness.

Ohhh i see,

well, fair enough, i was just wondering what you guys thought and i guess it was a pretty stupid idea... nevermind. Back to KotOR2 lol :D
 guybroom
03-30-2005, 1:52 PM
I hate the idea too.

I guess that there are one or two things that you could re cast, but it would be stupid and/or pointless.

EG

What would be the point of recasting Darth Vader as Hayden Christensen if you only see his face for about 30 seconds in the whole trilogy.

Also Anikin/Vader in those scenes is meant to be old because it is showing he grow old and scared ect.

And I agree with Insanesith that Obi-wan is Alec Guiness. He cant be anyone else - out of principle!
 Darth Andrew
03-30-2005, 6:45 PM
Won't. Happen. Ever.

I think would be a horrible idea since so many die-hard fans would be crushed, as I'm sure many of the great moments would lose their luster.
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-30-2005, 9:03 PM
If a SW remake were to use the actors from the PT, then they shouldn't make it for about 20 years. I'm not necessarily opposed to a SW remake, but I doubt I would find it to be better then the original.
 JawaJoey
11-07-2005, 1:16 AM
No.
 carvin77
04-02-2006, 10:44 AM
What are the chances of Lucas re making all the old trilogy, with the same storyline and everything, just using the actors that are in Ep 1 2 and 3 and new computer graphics and stuff, but having the same sets and storyline, so dont change anything drastic, just make it look alot better?
Ive been thinking about it for a while, it would be so cool to see the original trilogy brought back to life, and i mean, they would make loads more money so...
What do you guys think?

that's stupid.... :blast5:
 MachineCult
04-02-2006, 11:36 AM
This thread is really old, carvin77. The guy you're quoting hasn't posted for over a year.
Page: 1 of 1