Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imperial Stormtroopers: TSL Style

Page: 1 of 1
 Prime
03-16-2005, 12:49 AM
I've started converting the old KOTOR Stormtrooper mod to TSL. This mod gives the player armour and a helmet. I've also started on the sith trooper replacement, but there seems to be more entries in appearance.2da this time. I've found a few entries for the Sith commandos, but I don't know if there are others. Does anyone know what the ones are for the beast masters and such? I'd hate to miss some so if anyone can add to the list it would help.

Anyway, here is a shot of the player armour and sith replacement...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/storm1.jpg) http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/storm2.jpg)
 Mav
03-16-2005, 2:35 AM
ohhh man Prime, I can't wait for this to come out ;)
 SuperSquall
03-16-2005, 2:40 AM
Very good looking and very impressive in terms of technical skill.

My only criticism would be the size of the helmet. It seems to be a little large from those screens, but it could just be me.

Regardless - absolutely stunning work.
 RedHawke
03-16-2005, 2:44 AM
Very, very nice Prime! :D
Originally posted by SuperSquall
My only criticism would be the size of the helmet. It seems to be a little large from those screens, but it could just be me.
Unfortunately this is necissary because if you make it too small the various PC/NPC head models will clip through the helmet in places... especially with certain heads and their hair. ;)
 SuperSquall
03-16-2005, 3:15 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Very, very nice Prime! :D

Unfortunately this is necissary because if you make it too small the various PC/NPC head models will clip through the helmet in places... especially with certain heads and their hair. ;) I thought that might be the reason, but wasn't this avoided before by just replacing the head with a stormtrooper based head model? (not that that solution would be without drawbacks)
 RedHawke
03-16-2005, 3:42 AM
Originally posted by SuperSquall
I thought that might be the reason, but wasn't this avoided before by just replacing the head with a stormtrooper based head model? (not that that solution would be without drawbacks)
No... the clipping issue when the helmet model is too small was present before in KOTOR. You cannot change your PC's head by donning a helmet, the closest thing would be a disguise but that changes the body as well.

From what I remember the fixed head was the method used for replacing the Sith Soldiers only, being they all used one merged body/head model and the Stormtroopers would need a head and a body for their appearance. ;)
 Darkkender
03-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Prime
I've started converting the old KOTOR Stormtrooper mod to TSL. This mod gives the player armour and a helmet. I've also started on the sith trooper replacement, but there seems to be more entries in appearance.2da this time. I've found a few entries for the Sith commandos, but I don't know if there are others. Does anyone know what the ones are for the beast masters and such? I'd hate to miss some so if anyone can add to the list it would help.

Anyway, here is a shot of the player armour and sith replacement...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/storm1.jpg) http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/storm2.jpg)

Hey Prime this is great seeing this making it into the game. As to the appearance entries most all of them are probably the same as before. I really can't think of any new entries added for the sith trooper appearance. I could have missed one but I doubt it me and app.2da have gotten real friendly of late.:D
 Lorden Darkblade
03-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Can't wait to use it now on TSL :)
 Ellderon
03-16-2005, 11:32 AM
OWNAGE!

I know Gscc will want to usye this one...
 Prime
03-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
No... the clipping issue when the helmet model is too small was present before in KOTOR. You cannot change your PC's head by donning a helmet, the closest thing would be a disguise but that changes the body as well.

From what I remember the fixed head was the method used for replacing the Sith Soldiers only, being they all used one merged body/head model and the Stormtroopers would need a head and a body for their appearance. ;) This is correct. The player helmet is larger so that it covers all the various PC heads. The sith replacement head is smaller because it is a straight head replacement and so there are no size issues.
 RebelScum!
03-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Nice work Prime! Loved the Kotor1 one, im sure this will be awesome (r).
 Prime
03-16-2005, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
As to the appearance entries most all of them are probably the same as before. I really can't think of any new entries added for the sith trooper appearance. I could have missed one but I doubt it me and app.2da have gotten real friendly of late.:D I know there are some new ones since I've already altered the entries that exist in KOTOR and yet some default troopers remain. I've found three entries for sith commandos, but I don't know if these cover the kind known as beast masters or if they use the sith armour.

I'll try altering those three and see what happens, but I'd like to hear about others if people know of any...
 Doc Valentine
03-16-2005, 5:38 PM
Hey Prime, now that you have ported this over to TSL like you said you wanted to, may we use it in our mod Rise of the Sith? It's got stormtroopers in it and its just not the same without the real thing. We would give you proper credit too.
 Mono_Giganto
03-16-2005, 6:00 PM
Looks great Prime, I loved this in K1.

Feel free to use my E-11 too if you want.
 Prime
03-17-2005, 11:36 PM
I think I have everything working now. In the areas I've tried I haven't encountered any bugs. However, I'd like one or two people to beta test it to help make sure I didn't miss anything.

And thanks Mono, I'd like to enclude the blaster. Right now I don't have the PC stormtrooper armour as an ingame item. It is only available through cheats. Would people prefer to find it during the course of the game? I'll have to figure out how to do that...
 stamen
03-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi, Prime, I love your work.

I also expecting the converted republic clone troopers, commandos.
Am I so greedy? ^^
 Mav
03-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Prime,

In-game placement is always a good thing, the easiest way would be to make it createable at the workbench ;) can't wait for the mod awesome work.
 coloneill
03-18-2005, 11:31 PM
awsome, i love the mod for KotOR, ill definatly be using it in KotOR II

btw, will you be converting your set of Clone Trooper armour and helmets to KotOR II?
 Colma Adawin
03-19-2005, 3:28 AM
GIMME GIMME GIMME!! :p

prime. dont take this the wrong way, but, i love you :D j/k

i REALLY dislike the original sith / republic troopers, so this is an EXCELLENT change!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

i'll be the first of many to download this.

good luck for the future!

MattCole

PS thank you (prime)
 Prime
03-19-2005, 10:03 AM
I think the replacement part is finished, but I still have more testing to do. I also still have to learn how to place the items porperly. After I get that done I'll release it...

Originally posted by coloneill
btw, will you be converting your set of Clone Trooper armour and helmets to KotOR II? Yes I will be. And I'm planning on including some additions from Episode 3. ;)
 coloneill
03-19-2005, 6:02 PM
I think the replacement part is finished, but I still have more testing to do. I also still have to learn how to place the items porperly. After I get that done I'll release it...

Yes I will be. And I'm planning on including some additions from Episode 3. ;)

awsome! you sir, are the MAN!
 Prime
03-21-2005, 11:51 AM
I now have the armour and helmet creatable at the workbench. I just have to make the E-11 creatable and do a bit more testing to do and then it will be finished. :)
 Colma Adawin
03-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I now have the armour and helmet creatable at the workbench. I just have to make the E-11 creatable and do a bit more testing to do and then it will be finished. :)

YIPPEE!!!!!!!

i never even thought about the workbench, good call prime!!

MattCole
 Trippy
03-22-2005, 11:22 AM
I can't wait for this to be available.:D Or is it already, and I'm looking at the wrong site...? Either way, your work is simply amazing. Can't wait to put them in the game.:D
 Buffy
03-23-2005, 1:48 PM
 Prime
03-23-2005, 1:57 PM
You mean like this? (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/newclone.jpg)

Already done. It will be a part of the clone trooper mod.
 Buffy
03-23-2005, 2:18 PM
You mean like this? (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/newclone.jpg)

Already done. It will be a part of the clone trooper mod.
where can I download ?? really nice !!!:eek: :eek:
 coloneill
03-23-2005, 4:27 PM
the new clone armour looks great, youve done an awsome job.

but in my opinion, the helmet looks a little large and too much like the stormtrooper helmet, maybe could you make the hemet not quite so big, little thinner, and add the little strip of detail on the top?

but thats just my opinion.

Originally posted by Buffy
where can I download ?? really nice !!!:eek: :eek:

there is no where to download it, he is not finished yet
 Prime
03-23-2005, 5:21 PM
but in my opinion, the helmet looks a little large and too much like the stormtrooper helmet. Unfortunately, it is that big so that there are no clipping issues with all the heads.

maybe could you make the hemet not quite so big, little thinner, and add the little strip of detail on the top? I'm not am modeler, so no I can't. :) But you're right. Maybe I'll leave it out...
 Trippy
03-24-2005, 7:05 PM
I like yours better, though, Prime.:p Probably because it's more Stormtrooper-ish. Gotta love 'em.
 RebelScum!
03-26-2005, 1:26 AM
looking good.
 Prime
03-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm trying to take some screenshots to post with the mod, but I can't seem to get them without the HUD. I have GUIsInScreenShot=0 under [Game Options], but that doesn't seem to work. Is that command not recognized with TSL? Or is there something I'm missing?

:confused:
 ChAiNz.2da
03-26-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm trying to take some screenshots to post with the mod, but I can't seem to get them without the HUD. I have GUIsInScreenShot=0 under [Game Options], but that doesn't seem to work. Is that command not recognized with TSL? Or is there something I'm missing?

:confused:
Nope, so far we're cursed with that horrid GUI in all the screen shots :fist:

I tend to take T3 with me, have my PC 'strike a pose'.. then quickly TAB to T3 and CAPS LOCK for 1st person... then snap away.

It can be a real pain in the arse for saber shots though... (camera hacks work much better ;) )
 Prime
03-26-2005, 11:14 AM
OK thanks. I thought I might be going crazy. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
03-26-2005, 11:59 AM
:o oh yeah, though I'm sure you may have thought of this... if you use T3, make sure you turn off frame buffer effects. Otherwise, you'll get nice blue lines "screen" in your screenshots...

and Kreia or Visas won't do well either (Force Sight)...
 Darkkender
03-26-2005, 1:12 PM
Well I don't see a release thread for it yet but I'm #3 at downloading it.:D
 Prime
03-26-2005, 1:18 PM
You're too quick on the draw. :)

Yes, the stormtrooper mod for TSL is now finished and can be downloaded at:

pcgamemods.com (http://pcgamemods.com/11202/)

and

Warped Productions (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html)

For some reason I can't seem to get my screenshots uploaded, even though it says "transfer complete." There are a couple up on my site, but I'll see if I can find out what the deal is at pcgamemods. In any event, it looks the same as the KOTOR version. :)
 Darkkender
03-26-2005, 1:26 PM
Pcgamemods has been having some problems with screenshots being posted. In fact most every new mod is lacking screenies and people have been providing links in there comments section for there mods.

I wasn't so much as quick but my timing was excellent.
 Mav
03-26-2005, 2:21 PM
Prime,

Outstanding job, I just downloaded mine, and as soon as I compatibilize everything your stormtroopers will have a permanent place in my override folder ;)

Mav

P.S. Thank you very much for including what lines you edited in your .2da files :thumbsup:
 Lorden Darkblade
03-26-2005, 3:00 PM
Great :D
Downloading it as I type this ;)
 Colma Adawin
03-26-2005, 3:06 PM
hehe, i really panicked for a second there, i clicked the last post to this thread and read Uchiha Itachi's post, saw the "Downloading it as I type this" and scanned the above posts to find the link.

Thanx Prime for doing this, your a STAR!!!!

MattCole
 Bob Lion54
03-26-2005, 3:22 PM
Now this is amazing. It looks great.
My only problem is that I keep wanting to hear the famous scream of the EP4 stormtroopers. The one when they fall from the ledge on the Death Star. :cool:
 ChAiNz.2da
03-26-2005, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by Lion54
Now this is amazing. It looks great.
My only problem is that I keep wanting to hear the famous scream of the EP4 stormtroopers. The one when they fall from the ledge on the Death Star. :cool:
You mean this one (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/storm-yell.wav)?) ;) hehe...
 Bob Lion54
03-26-2005, 4:49 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
You mean this one (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/storm-yell.wav)?) ;) hehe...

Yep, thats the one. :cool: To bad it would be illegal to add it to the game. Oh, well. At least the armour is good.
:cool:

Prime, how do you manage to work on so many mods at one time? By my count, you have around 3 or 4 mods under construction right now. I would get so confused trying to do that.:eek:
:cool:
 Prime
03-26-2005, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by Lion54
Prime, how do you manage to work on so many mods at one time? By my count, you have around 3 or 4 mods under construction right now. I would get so confused trying to do that.:eek:
:cool: It's easy when most of the files are around from KOTOR. ;)
Page: 1 of 1