Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Announcing "STARWARS BOUNTY HUNTERS" Series

Page: 2 of 2
 Rends
03-18-2005, 5:25 PM
Originally posted by RebelScum!
@ Saturn...well...thats ok I guess

@ Rends, I love that grenade! Thats really awesome...And about the story I think a I have one...

"Piggie" as his friends and fellow bounty hunters call him, is a gamorrean fugitive of the very little justice on Gamorr. He is wanted for killing his female which he did'nt do. He is a skilled hunter and was once the commander of Jabba the Hutt's guard. He was very faithful to his cruel leader, but instead of being paid with credits he was being paid with refuge. But after years of service and training the authorities on Gamorr finally caught up with him. After a near death experience with a speeder trying to escape Tatooine, he was picked up by this bounty hunter squad.

.....any good? If its to normal or cappy just tell someone else to do it. I won't care ;).

Thanks,
another cool story this time for piggy :-)

Guess i need to set up a website for the Bounty Hunters mod if i only know how to do lol.
 RebelScum!
03-18-2005, 5:29 PM
Originally posted by Rends
Thanks,
another cool story this time for piggy :-)

Guess i need to set up a website for the Bounty Hunters mod if i only know how to do lol.

Well...I can make an ok website...check out mine and see if its anygood...and btw I could just host it on mysite *shrugs* whatever you want to do ill do it for free also...I use frontpage 2003.. and lots of HTML....so whatever you want to do.
 Rends
03-18-2005, 7:11 PM
Well...I can make an ok website...check out mine and see if its anygood...and btw I could just host it on mysite *shrugs* whatever you want to do ill do it for free also...I use frontpage 2003.. and lots of HTML....so whatever you want to do.
whow that would be cool.
What iґm thinkin about is a website showing the 5 bounty hunters with a short weapon feature description and the biography :-).
Have a look at the first images i posted. there is each bounty hunter on the left of the image and the description on the right.
The bio could be postet below this.

And i have webspace to host the site.
 Kabutonyte
03-18-2005, 7:27 PM
Delta 699 is Jango Fett the 2nd then? wait Boba is the 2nd so it makes Delta the third.
 ParanoidAndroid
03-18-2005, 8:01 PM
^^^^Awsome pics Saturn! were those Tie interceptors in the background?

Also i think ive got an idea for the geonosian story...

This geonosian noble was once a high ranking beast tamer and executioner for his hives arena on geonosis. However when his hive was exterminated he suddenly found himself out of a job. He traveled the galaxy looking for a new life, and has served as a guard, informant, and once, briefly, rancor bait. However he survived these jobs and has found a new love, sabatoge, he is notorious for deactivating some of the most dangerous ships in both the rebel and imperial fleets. The geonosian also has great technical skills, he uses a modified sonic blaster, far superior to the ones used by guards on geonosis, and his own custom made explosives. His most useful inventions are however his elaborate disguises he makes to fool his enemies. When infiltrating an imperial stardestroyer he will don the armor of an imperial stormtrooper (taken from a trooper who was a little to eager to take the geonosian down, the crafty hunter trapped him in an airlock, released him into space then salvaged the armor) he has modified it so that it fits his unique stucture as well as cover his chittery voice. When infiltrating a rebel ship he will put on the standard clothes of a rebel soldier (took them off a dead soldier who had tried to escape an imperial ship via a garbage chute and had met an... unfortunate end) but on his face he puts a thin metal mask that displays a holographic image that effectivly covers his geonosian features. The mask also features a voice changer although it is cruder then the one on the stormtroopers. The holographic image is startlingly life like and will fool all but the most observent rebels. The geonosian has become extreamly effeciant in donning these disguises quickly and effectivly how he does it so fast is still a mystery to most. The geonosian has fallen in with a group of bounty hunters, who make great use of his technical and sabatoge skills.

lol just wanted to try my hand at story writing

what about the knockdown ability of the sonic blaster? is that possible to implement or not?
 Rends
03-18-2005, 8:18 PM
Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

Also i think ive got an idea for the geonosian story...

This geonosian noble was once a high ranking beast tamer and executioner for the a geonosians arena, however when his hive was exterminated he suddenly found himself out of a job. He traveled the galaxy looking for a job and has served as a guard, enforcer and once briefly rancor bait. However the geonosian survived and has found a new love, sabatoge, this geonosian is notorious for deactivating some of the most dangerous ships in both the rebel and imperial fleets. he has recently fallen in with a group of bounty hunters who make great use of his sabatoge skills.

lol just wanted to try my hand at story writing

what about the knockdown ability of the sonic blaster? is that possible to implement or not?

Hehe, another nice story. Maybe you have a idea how he got the disuise kit? Guess thatґs what many peops will ask.

About the knockdown ability. Well i havnґt tested it but i donґt think it will work because you canґt use 2 weapons at the same time .
 Saturn_V
03-19-2005, 2:54 AM
Yeah, the Gaffi prop from the Tatooine level works fine now, I adjusted the centre point on the model so that it's held in the middle... no point reinventing the wheel :D
 RebelScum!
03-19-2005, 8:20 AM
whow that would be cool.
What iґm thinkin about is a website showing the 5 bounty hunters with a short weapon feature description and the biography :-).
Have a look at the first images i posted. there is each bounty hunter on the left of the image and the description on the right.
The bio could be postet below this.

And i have webspace to host the site.

OK...ill need to know a password if there is one (to publish my work) and the site name...then ill build you a site;) .
 Rends
03-19-2005, 11:06 AM
OK...ill need to know a password if there is one (to publish my work) and the site name...then ill build you a site;) .
Hm, this will be a problem because there is much more on the webspace beside Starwars stuff so i canґt giv you the ftp accsess. Sorry.
We may find a different way?
 Rends
03-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Finaly i can release the first Bounty hunters mod mission called:
BOUNTY HUNTERS: TIBANA GAS DEPOT
ItпїЅs based on the beta version but will do some more Bounty Hunter maps in the future!

Download: http://gametoast.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownloaddetails&lid=78)

From the Readme:

TIBANA GAS DEPOT map can be played at the Galactic Civil War era .

This is the first new playable fraction for StarWars Battlefront!
Play one of 5 most dangerous Bounty Hunters of the Galaxis.
You can choose between the Tusken Chief, Delta 669, IG-88 Droid, Geonosian and the Gamorrean
each with thier own brand new tools!

Installation: Copy the folder "Bounty1" to your "Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/AddOn" directory.

fixes since beta Version v5:

Tusken Riffle ammo limited and weapon changes
Comes now with 4 Haywiregrenades wich can stick to enemies
Tusken Gaffi Stick added

Delta669 health increased to same settings as regular troopers

Geonosian fly range increased and itпїЅs a bit more stronger

Gamorrean shield sound added and shield duration reduced

Tibana Gas Depot map:
AI Barriers finished
2 Gunturrets added

Known issues:
Grapplinghook online issue. Screen flicker between ingame and selection screen once you use the grapplinghook online.
Hunter Droid bridge moving problem on the Tibana Gas depot map

Credits:

Thanks to the betaTesters:

Amryyr
CGArtist
Dragonum
fett42
rebel_scum
Saturn5
theguarder
Zesoma

Special thanks to SaturnV

Enjoy!
Rends
 The Air
03-19-2005, 4:34 PM
Fantastic! great job on this mod, and the map is pretty good too. I thought the bounty hunters would be overpowered, but i couldn't beat the imperials on my first few tries.(or maybe im getting soft from those stratagy games i've been playing)
 RebelScum!
03-19-2005, 4:57 PM
Hm, this will be a problem because there is much more on the webspace beside Starwars stuff so i canґt giv you the ftp accsess. Sorry.
We may find a different way?

Ive got tons of room on my site...mabye i could make a whole new page and you can just direct them to http://www.forbiddenpool.com/bountyhunters.htm) that good?...

Click the Link!!
 Rends
03-19-2005, 5:07 PM
Ive got tons of room on my site...mabye i could make a whole new page and you can just direct them to www.forbiddenpool.com/bountyhunters).. that good?...
that would be great :-)
 ParanoidAndroid
03-19-2005, 5:23 PM
Exellent! this map is awsome! it's so much fun beating up stormies with a gaffi stick or watching one try to run with a haywire grenade stuck to his back. i love this mod

Note: I edited the geonosians story to include some backround about his equipment
 RebelScum!
03-20-2005, 12:30 PM
that would be great :-)

Ok well I'll get started soon...ill keep you posted on this thread ;)
 Durge
03-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I love how this mod came together and how the new gaffi baton worked out!! Congrats on such a great accomplishment!
 Rends
03-20-2005, 3:39 PM
Ok well I'll get started soon...ill keep you posted on this thread ;)
What should i say?

Canґt wait :-)

Rends
 Rends
03-20-2005, 5:38 PM
ParanoidAndroid,
looks like that you have to rewrite the Geonosian disguite kit story again because i just found out that he can also jump into rebel look. Seems he is a real changeling.
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_georebel.jpg)
Can you find him?
 RebelScum!
03-21-2005, 8:18 AM
THe one standing up on the far right ;).
 ParanoidAndroid
03-21-2005, 3:40 PM
I think its the one closest to the screen...

Changed the disguise kit story a bit, but will probably change it again later my idea was kind of stupid IMO
 Rends
03-21-2005, 4:22 PM
someone at lucasarts forum came up with the idea of a holographic thing:
...Maybe in a map discription you should refer to the disguise kit as a holographic thing. This would explaing how
a)the kit is put on and off instantaneoulsy...

Guess that would be a good idea
 ParanoidAndroid
03-21-2005, 4:54 PM
Sounds like a good idea, i dont like the idea of his entire body being covered with the hologram, that would look kind of suspicious, but possibly to cover his face while in the rebel uniform.

hmm the tuskan cheif and IG-88 still need bios though, but then again i dont thind IG-88 really needs one and you already kind of explained the tuskan cheif pretty well.
 RebelScum!
03-21-2005, 5:52 PM
I need special stories for the site doh ;). ANd if you don't make one up then my crappy story making self will have to.

:xp:

Really need tusken and IG-88
 ParanoidAndroid
03-22-2005, 8:58 PM
Heres an attempt at the tuskan raider, if you dont like it feel free to use somthing else.

Until now the Tuskan raider was a threat only residents of Tatooine had to fear however recently stories have emerged from the outer rim territories telling of a fearsome hunter dressed and armed like a Tuskan raider. The last thing his victims hear is the howling warcry once only heard in the deserts of Tatooine. There are many stories surrounding this enigmic bounty hunter. Some say he was a pilot whose ship was shot down over the dune sea and tell of how he was rescued by a group of Tuskan raiders and learned to live amoung them, then the stories differ, some say he slaughtered his tribe and became a ruthless bounty hunter, others say his tribe was wiped out by some other menace and he became an imbittered bounty hunter taking out his anger on his victims. Others claim that he was merely a Tuskan prisoner who escaped and took revenge on his captors stealing there unique clothes to inspire fear in his victims. While others say he merely took the clothes off a dead raider. The true story may never be known but as the bounty hunters actions become more and more bold more people have begun to search for his mystrious history searching for some weakness he might have. The Tuskan is armed with a wide variety of weaponry, ranging from a crude (but effective) gaffi stick and a tuskan rifle to a high tech blaster rifle and an assortment of grenades he has obviously stolen from some of his victems. This bounty hunter is ruthless and is known for killing his victims, even if his clients want them alive, rumors have spread saying that the Tuskan is now a part of a gang of ruthless hunter who have banded together for strength.

Hope you like this story, if you want i'll try one for IG-88 to.
 Rends
03-23-2005, 6:54 AM
ParanoidAndroid,
great Story about the mystery of the Tusken chief . This let some room for speculations in the future. :-)
Oh yes go on and write one for the IG-88 Droid too.
 RebelScum!
03-23-2005, 8:00 AM
^ Agreed great story I only need IG-88 now so go ahead and write his also.
 ParanoidAndroid
03-23-2005, 6:57 PM
Thanks! I'm glad you like my ideas, here it is the story behind the cold, cunning, IG-88:

IG-88 was one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy. Everyone knows the story: how a group of naive scientists created these assassin droids, and how they were killed by there creations shortly after they became sentinent. The stories claim that only four IG-88s were built but where they wrong? Recently the spindly droid has been seen amoung another gang of hunters, made up of a mysterious warrior who dresses and fights like a Tuskan raider, a fierce exile from the planet of Gamor, a strange sabotour who revels in creating and detonating explosives of his own design, and a mysterious reminant of the clone wars, and now the famous assassin droid that was believed to have been destroyed. Was there another IG-88 droid built and then forgotton? Has he been waiting, sitting in some dusty old transport ship just waiting for the right moment to emerge? Or did one of the other IG-88's survive? The familiar droid has been appearing alot recently, One was reportedly seen entering the cantina on mos eisly and someone else claimed he saw the droid wandering the streets of courosant, the droid was also spotted on Bespin, Naboo, Nar Shaada, Bakura and on several small moons used for mining spices. Were these legitamite sitings or just the mistakes of exitable citizens? What happened to the droids any way? Sources say an imperial ship had found the remains of a ship floating in space, when they searched it they found the reminants of an IG-88, they claim they destroyed it in a garbage smasher. Another IG-88 droid was destroyed by Boba Fett on Bespin, he left it for the ugnaughts to incinerate. Another one was apparently killed on Ord Mantell, however there has been no information about the fourth one exept some unreliable story concerning the second death star. So who is this mysterious droid? is it the fearsome hunter rebuilt to kill agian? or a mindless drone reincarnated merely for it's fearsome impact on those who see it? The droid is known for setting traps for it's foes, setting mines for them and hiding in spots using its grabbling hook to climb into almost any crevace, then it rains lasers from above from one of its assorted blasters. It seems these droids have many lives, no matter how many people say they have destroyed the last one another siting emerges of how the droid was spotted again ruthlessly hunting down it's victim. What is the story behind this droid? Only the hunters and there employers know, and so far no one has lived to ask the that question.

IG-88 already has a background story so i tried to work that into mine, i try to leave a lot of room for speculation because i dont know that much about the EU and dont want to contridict somthing already writtin, I already have my own private theory of how he joined the hunters (look in the geonosians story, about how he got his rebel uniform) but i want to make it so others are free to make up there own, i thinks its better that way but if you want a story with a more deifinate backround about him then tell me and i'll change it. Lol srry if its kind of long...
 RebelScum!
04-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Looks as though bounty hunters is dead...oh well.
 Rends
04-06-2005, 1:02 PM
Here is the betatest version download link for the second map:
http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/hosted/swbf/maps/Rendsbounty2betatest.zip)
Please post any bugs here in this thread.
Movie and Minimap will be included in the final version.
 arramus
04-07-2005, 5:16 AM
Hello Rends,

I've played this map online a few times now and have been everywhere and tried 'almost' everything.

My first impression is that the map looks stunning and feels really stable to play. I think you've improved on the final of the first Bounty map and this is still only the beta.

The screenshots do not do the map a real justice and you have to go in there to play to really get the best impression. The graveyard effect is wonderful and the operatable vehicles add to the fun.

The only bugs I can report so far are:

When activating the IG-88 grappling hook, the screen momentarily changes to the character select page and when the hook grapples and the IG-88 starts moving to the lock on point it's very staggered and jumpy.

When throwing grenades Piggy's shields automatically activate or deactivate.
 Rends
04-07-2005, 7:51 AM
thx for feedback arramus. And yes i know the issues you mentioned.

Changes since betatest release:
- Correct Camerashots added
- Correct IG-88 Droid DM models added (thanks to Saturn5)
- Imp Hero bonus voice deleted
- Gunship DM settings lowered
- Missing watertile added

Movie and Minimap will be included in the final version.

Known Issues:
-Collisionmodel of the Transport and the Falcon are very basic and donґt fit correct to the shell.
- When using IG-88 Droid grapplinghook the screen flicker between ingame and character selection screen in multiplayer.(hardcoded unfixable for me)
- Gamorrean turn Shields on/off if throwing grenades. ( unfixable because i think that the droideka shield was made and tested as single secondary weapon without supporting greanades.)
 NegativeSmiley
04-07-2005, 5:40 PM
YAY! I love u rends. I got some friends of mine to download it and we played it online. It was ridiculous fun. Very nice job. Im slowly coming into the map editing scene and you've been great inspiration espically with this map.

Besides those unfixable bugs I think its a great map and im very glad this one Never Ever Crashes!!! woo!!!

The vechiles were also a nice touch. keep up the good work and all that wonderful stuff.
 ParanoidAndroid
04-07-2005, 9:50 PM
This map totally rocks!! its very challenging to win as the bounty hunters, it took me a bunch of tries to actually pull of a victory and even then it was very close. The reinforcement points and number of players are good, the battle didnt drag on to long and didnt end to quickly.

The only bad things I noticed is that somtimes the ground turns blue around the trench area and the hidden base, its not really a big problem but kind of annoying. Also the geonosian wasnt as useful in this mission orobably because of the lack of destructable command posts, but you can use him to sabatoge or steal vehicles behind enemy lines, The only thing I would add is maybe some areas where IG-88 could use his grappling hook to get to on some of the mountains, just a ledge or somthing where he can rain some death from above. Also maybe you should change the voice effects of Delta 669 to that of the clone troopers, he is a clone after all

can't wait for the final version!!
 kingguru
04-08-2005, 2:57 AM
Here is 2 minutes of pure heaven on Rends Bounty Hunters 2 map!

http://gametoast.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=89)

55mb Mpg,
new music , in game footage miles above the battle!
 arramus
04-08-2005, 9:56 AM
Hey kingguru

It may just be me but all I'm getting when I click on this link is
the following appear. http://swbf.injapan.org/images/toast)

:eek:

Connecting straight from the Category: Videos section on gametoast worked eventually but when it's rolling and the drums kick in the video image freezes on the ship. Jumping to a different frame sometimes helps but the rebel video footage is for a large part getting cut.
 kingguru
04-08-2005, 2:47 PM
hmm system issues on your end? I've had 2 people have issues out of 89 downloads....I wonder what system specs you have? Its a music related crash? or your system just can handle the beastly movie, hehe.would love to find out....
 arramus
04-08-2005, 6:39 PM
Hey kingguru

Here's my specs.

< XP Pro >
< ABIT IS-10 BIOS 6.00pg 08/16/2004 BIOS update 17 >
< P4 Northwood 3.0GHz >
< 9800 pro >
< DDR400-SDRAM 2x512 PC3200 >
< 80gb Seagate Barracude 7200 >
< ADSL 8m down 1m up >

It's the first time I've ever come across such an issue.
 The Air
04-08-2005, 8:07 PM
This has got to be one of the best maps ever! Good job Rends!
the only problem i noticed is that gian speeders(maybe other vehicles too) sink into the ground in front of the prop ship in front of the secret base. i think might only happen when going there from the hill.
once again, good job!
 manoman81
04-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Awsome mod! I love playing it. The only thing is that the camera angles are too close to some of the guys. I think it's been said already so, yeah. That's my only complaint. Keep it up and I can't wait for the next release.
 General Fett
04-16-2005, 4:19 PM
I cant get it to work.. :bdroid2:
 Rends
04-16-2005, 5:35 PM
Originally posted by General Fett
follow this instructions:
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/Installhelp.jpg)
 arramus
04-17-2005, 6:02 AM
For screen shots, detailed profile information, and movies on the Bounty Hunter faction, visit the following Bounty Hunter websites.

:deathstar http://swbf.injapan.org/bountyhunters)

:deathstar http://www.forbiddenpool.com/bountyhunters.htm)
Under construction
 General Fett
04-17-2005, 6:54 AM
:bdroid2: :x-wing: :saberb: :saberr: :saberg:
 General Fett
04-17-2005, 6:57 AM
I dont have the AddOn folder..
 arramus
04-17-2005, 8:46 AM

1. Open another internet page.

2. Copy the text below
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn

3. Paste it into and over the other internet page address and click enter.

4. You should now be in your AddOn folder. Paste the Bounty1, Bounty2 folder, or any other mod maps into this folder.

Post again if you don't understand.
 Rends
04-17-2005, 8:53 AM

then you simple need install Battlefront Patch 1.2

Rends
 General Fett
04-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm downloading it now.. :bdroid2:
 RebelScum!
04-19-2005, 8:15 AM
Hey Folks! I'm back! Have'nt been working on the site at all so I very sorry for that. Ive been busy in other areas but since im grounded for a week I have tons of time to finish the site and own on SWBF :xp:. Ok well ill get started on that now...all make a few in game movies and add them to the site and some screenshots....love that idea.

Laters
 Freedon Nadd II
07-11-2005, 3:25 PM
Maybe you can make a Boba Fett hero. He could have his blaster rifle with the grenade launcher attachment, his flame gauntlet, and unlimited jetpack fuel.
 vader v
10-23-2005, 4:45 PM
hi
my name is vader v
rends are you lt.scout?
Page: 2 of 2