Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Announcing "STARWARS BOUNTY HUNTERS" Series

Page: 1 of 2
 Rends
03-11-2005, 5:10 PM
Play one of the deadliest Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy!
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_Delta669.jpg)

The "Tusken chief"
Rumors reports that he was a former Tusken Chief or was he the one who killed him and wears now his dress? Noone knows. But he is a deadly Hunter you better never meet him:
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_tuskenchief.jpg)

" Delta 669"
Alleged one of the last Clontroopers fully armed with deadly weapons. His favorite is the Hunter Droid able to fire auto tracking rockets following victims!:
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_Delta669screen.jpg)

" IG-88 Droid "
Dangerous Battledroid who likes to kill. When using his grappling hook he can overcome big barriers :
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_ig88.jpg)

The " Geonosian "
A very disgusting guy.He use his havy modified Sonic blaster to kill his victims. HE also wears a special Disguise kit to inviltrate imperial bases.
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_geonosian.jpg)

The " Gamorrean"
Brutal and agressive! He likes the close fight with his Axe. For own protection he can use his energy shild :
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_gamorrean.jpg)

Delta 669 hunterdroid at work:
Simple target the enemy and fire the rocket wich follows the target until itґs killed. In this case a imperial darktrooper_
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_hunterdroid.jpg)

Stay tuned. First map of the StarWars Bounty Hunter Series will be released soon!

***Special thanks to SaturnV for all his discoveries***

Rends
 NegativeSmiley
03-11-2005, 6:10 PM
Looks really awesome! I'm in.
 ParanoidAndroid
03-11-2005, 7:25 PM
this looks awsome!!
 TK-8252
03-11-2005, 8:02 PM
Nice to see some actual modding going on for SWBF. :)
 Fds
03-11-2005, 9:28 PM
Wow, very good work! :D

Only remember to translate to english from german. :p
 Murf
03-11-2005, 9:59 PM
Cool.

How will we use these? Must play on a host that supports them and have them installed on our PC too I presume.

I liked to see someone come up with a better looking Rebel Sharpshooter. Maybe in camo or ghille suit.
 Rends
03-12-2005, 1:54 PM
Fds,
itґs already translated into english :-)

Murf,
you will use it like every other custom map you install on your PC. But instead of playing the regular sides you will be able to play the Bounty Hunter side .
 rozo100
03-12-2005, 2:56 PM
three words:SO TOTALY AWSOME!!!!!!!oh yah oh yah uh huh!relly cool man
 Syzerian
03-12-2005, 5:48 PM
So whats the other army going to be?
 DarkReborn
03-12-2005, 6:24 PM
Good Work Rend! this is your better map (The Another ones are also very good)
 Rends
03-12-2005, 8:32 PM
Originally posted by Syzerian
So whats the other army going to be?
This will vary from map to map. I started with the empire because you can check how the disguise kit will work :-)
 Darth Alec
03-13-2005, 4:20 AM
Nice mod Rends. I like the IG-88 model.:)
 rozo100
03-14-2005, 9:01 AM
where do you download this?:ewok: :fett: :jawa
 Nokill
03-14-2005, 9:36 AM
yust tell me when its released :D
 Rends
03-14-2005, 4:05 PM
 Rends
03-15-2005, 11:30 AM
After the succsessfull first beta test round i will tell you that the Public beta test is coming soon!
 RebelScum!
03-15-2005, 12:34 PM
ive died an gone to heaven...take all the mods but this one! Rock on Rends!
 Rends
03-15-2005, 1:57 PM
Here is the link to the Public beta Test:

http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/hosted/swbf/maps/Bountybetatest1.zip)

Now i want to hear your feedback!
 PhireStorm
03-15-2005, 3:18 PM
*squeels with excitment*
Awesome Job! I thought battlefront was left to die, but You jus' proved me wrong!
 RebelScum!
03-15-2005, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by PhireStorm
*squeels with excitment*
Awesome Job! I thought battlefront was left to die, but You jus' proved me wrong!

What you said
 ParanoidAndroid
03-15-2005, 7:06 PM
EXELLENT WORK!!!

this map is awsome, when i first saw the screenshots i thought the bounty hunters would be overpowered but they actually are very balanced in the game, its really fun trying out all the new weapons (espeacially the grappling hook, very useful once you figure out how to use it) its awsome killing imps as a tuskan raider or as a geonosian whose sonic blaster has recieved a much needed boost!

my only complaint is that the geonosian looks kind of weird, I think it looks kind of elongated or somthing, nothing big just looks odd to me

All in all i would say this is the best player made mod for battlefront yet!! I love it and cant wait for more maps!
 RebelScum!
03-16-2005, 2:32 PM
This mod rox! I love the piggie! Thousand thumbs up.
 darth's bath
03-16-2005, 3:00 PM
Man! You've really done a great job on this and it's only the BETA.
Things can only get better.

Looking forward to future releases.
 BeBop
03-16-2005, 3:12 PM
Great Mod, I love it. It's awesome. IG-88's grapple hook is nice and it doesnt go too far nor does it not go far enough, nice balance there.
 RebelScum!
03-16-2005, 3:29 PM
Well after playing it a couple times ive found a couple things that could be changed. Just suggestions not orders :p

1. The Piggie (that what I call him) Is a complete idiot...If there is someway to higher his intelligence lvl that would be better (doubt it that easy)

2. I'm sure you are already going to do this but, a texture on the grappling hook. Mabye a chain or just a rope im sure you can find somthing.

3. Also about the grappling hook...It range is a little eh...how can you say it...pathetic. I mean you can't even go and where high..But if thats the point thats cool.

4. And the Geonosian, great gun its not to strong and not as pathetic as the geo's on Geonosis. But it still has the same pathetic health as the real Geo.

5. Lastly the map is a little small and the empire crushes me everytime. So for the real maps if you could make them a little differnt...like having to get through layers of defenses (like turetts and those awesome killable command center :p) to win the game.

Aside from that I didnt find any bugs, glitches,..ect. Great Job :thumbsup:
 Saturn_V
03-16-2005, 6:31 PM
Nice work! I'd like to see Jedi vs Bounty Hunters next (see gametoast for Jedi details).

Murf: re "I liked to see someone come up with a better looking Rebel Sharpshooter"

here's a better looking one...

http://www.saturnlabs.net/The_Lab/SGOJTH.html)

It's a concept version, the final requires the XSI plugin for mesh tweaks.
 TK-8252
03-16-2005, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by Saturn_V
http://www.saturnlabs.net/The_Lab/SGOJTH.html)

Haha, I knew someone would do it sooner or later. :p
 RebelScum!
03-16-2005, 7:06 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Haha, I knew someone would do it sooner or later. :p

:xp: Lol same here
 Saturn_V
03-16-2005, 7:18 PM
LOL !

Edit: if I could only have got the XSI exporter to work, I could have made my Vulcan Love Slave mod by now, lol
 arramus
03-16-2005, 9:58 PM
What a wonderful beta map to test.

I really like the abilities each character has. The IG-88 (I'll use him for my avatar - hope you don't mind) is fun to use. I can pull myself up to the higher platforms and have a good aerial view of the enemy.

Piggie's shields are quite necessary due to his lack of intelligence. I've seen him walk off the edge of a platforma few times. lol

The characters make the game more fun and are bringing new life to Star Wars battlefront.

We wait in anticipation for the next offering!! Drool. :)
 Rends
03-17-2005, 7:20 AM
Based on the feedback i got here and at other boards i made following changes:

Tusken: Riffle ammo limited

Delta669: health increased to same settings as regular troopers

Geonosian: fly range increased and itґs a bit more stronger but still weaker as standart soldiers

Gamorrean: shield sound added and shield duration time reduced

And the Tusken recon droid is on the cut list. I want to replace it with a different weapon and hope to fix the Delta droid freeze bug (possible memory related)this way.
So any suggestion?
 Nokill
03-17-2005, 9:05 AM
maby i can do a peace of your mod on my site :)

that includes hosting of the files
 Rends
03-17-2005, 9:52 AM
Originally posted by Nokill
maby i can do a peace of your mod on my site :)

that includes hosting of the files

Please wait until final release.
 Nokill
03-17-2005, 10:00 AM
erm i mostly do stuf on mods that are stil buzzy on being made stuf like that

and i host pictures and posible beta versions
 RebelScum!
03-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Rends
So any suggestion?

Beside the five I did not long ago...no not really
 Rends
03-17-2005, 2:12 PM
Originally posted by RebelScum!
Beside the five I did not long ago...no not really
Forget to mention that the Grappling hook doesnґt use a texture.
Oh and if you look around you will eventualy find a way over the complete map on platforms using the grappling hook :-)
 Durge
03-17-2005, 4:16 PM
In my opinion this is a realy great mod but when i played it i noticed something was missiong that was needed. I finally figured that the tusken needed something elste. He needed a gaffi baton. If there was some way to give him a melee weapon i think that would be pretty cool!
 Murf
03-17-2005, 5:42 PM
Saturn_V.

I really like your Rebel Sharpshooter replacement of the Slave Girl from Jabba's palace!!! LOL :D

That might be fine for Tatoonine Dune Sea map - she could get a nice tan, but she might get a little cold on the Hoth Map!
Don't ya think?

What could she wear on Hoth?
Maybe one of those burkas the muslims wear with the little screen door to peek thru. Might block her vision a little for that good sniper shot though.
 ParanoidAndroid
03-17-2005, 5:43 PM
^^^^ totally agree, the tuskan raider should have that awsome club he uses to beat Luke up! It should be a bit weaker then the axe but swing faster, maybe knock the enemy to the ground.

to replace the tuskans recon droid, maybe some kind of "sticky grenade" like the concussion grenade exept that it sticks to people instead of vehicles

its great that the geonosians sonic blaster doesn't suck anymore but would it be possible to give it a knock down effect like in the movies? like if you hit someone he is pushed backwards and knocked down? If at all possible you should definetly add this! also about the geonosian, maybe you could set the timb bomb to the secondary fire button instead of the first because its kind of annoying to have to switch between all three and get killed before you can pull the weapon you want out.
 Saturn_V
03-17-2005, 6:04 PM
Re: Murf, LOL!

Hoth: I think maybe a fur bikini to keep her warm :dev11:
 RebelScum!
03-17-2005, 7:17 PM
Forget to mention that the Grappling hook doesnґt use a texture.
Oh and if you look around you will eventualy find a way over the complete map on platforms using the grappling hook :-)

@ Rends
Ok ill find a way...But still...its going to be a white line for the rest of its life?:( Poor thing

@ Saturn_V

ROFL! Thats hilarious.
 Kabutonyte
03-18-2005, 1:50 AM
Im concerned that these bounty hunters will be overpowered and invincible. I dont think itll be cool if it would leave the clone trooper in the dust. "I question the Clone Bounty hunter, what has his corrupted his mind to be a bounty hunter??? or i guess he could be Boba Fett at an early stage of bounty hunting."
 MaximumMayhem
03-18-2005, 5:39 AM
It is possible that Delta 669 was one of many experimental clones that had no growth or docility tampering. He was raised as Kamino as a test of his mental stability after the conundrum the ARC Troopers posed to the Republic and once the conflict escalated out of control, he escaped from Kamino with one of Jango's trusted lieutenants (who were tasked with training the elites of the Clone Army). Seeing as his lifetime 'contract' was unexpectedly terminated after Palpatine's subsequent rise to power; he was free to once again travel the galaxy, offering his services to the highest bidder... the whole time with a young clone who was aptly named Delta 669 by his side - One who's voracious thirst for learning this dangerous trade rivalled any bounty hunter Talon Wau [tentative] had ever trained in his life. Talon expected great things instore for this young prodigy..

:)
 Rends
03-18-2005, 7:22 AM
Originally posted by MaximumMayhem
It is possible that Delta 669 was one of many experimental clones that had no growth or docility tampering. He was raised as Kamino as a test of his mental stability after the conundrum the ARC Troopers posed to the Republic and once the conflict escalated out of control, he escaped from Kamino with one of Jango's trusted lieutenants (who were tasked with training the elites of the Clone Army). Seeing as his lifetime 'contract' was unexpectedly terminated after Palpatine's subsequent rise to power; he was free to once again travel the galaxy, offering his services to the highest bidder... the whole time with a young clone who was aptly named Delta 669 by his side - One who's voracious thirst for learning this dangerous trade rivalled any bounty hunter Talon Wau [tentative] had ever trained in his life. Talon expected great things instore for this young prodigy..

:)

whow , cool story 1
I realy like it.
Wonder if you or anyone else could come up with a story about the other 4 Bounty hunters?
 RebelScum!
03-18-2005, 8:17 AM
whow , cool story 1
I realy like it.
Wonder if you or anyone else could come up with a story about the other 4 Bounty hunters?

*Raises Hand*

I'd have to look somthing things up but ill do piggie's!...or try anyway. if its crap just tell me :P....bbl
 Rends
03-18-2005, 8:42 AM
Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid
to replace the tuskans recon droid, maybe some kind of "sticky grenade" like the concussion grenade exept that it sticks to people instead of vehicles
Great idea.
I actualy give the tusken a Devil Haywiregrenade wich is able to stick to people.
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/SWBH_HaywireSticky.JPG)
It wonґt kill the enemy but it takes 90 percent of itґs health.
 Murf
03-18-2005, 11:53 AM
^^^ Saturn_V,

Yeah, Yeah, Fur bikini that's it! Zebra print may camoflauge
on Hoth.

And maybe replace her hat with ear muffs or one of the BIG tall russian fur hats. Get her some big furry boots like Jim Carey wore in Dumb and Dumber. And maybe some pink furry bracelets.
 Saturn_V
03-18-2005, 3:37 PM
I've implemented a Gaffi stick for the Tusken and have made it available to Rends if he wants it:

http://www.saturnlabs.net/The_Lab/Containment/gaffi1.jpg)
http://www.saturnlabs.net/The_Lab/Containment/gaffi2.jpg)
http://www.saturnlabs.net/The_Lab/Containment/gaffi3.jpg)

**NOTE: this is just the test gaffi to try the animation and to make sure it didn't crash the game, the final release version will be modelled with reference to the film and textured properly.
 TK-8252
03-18-2005, 4:34 PM
There actually is a Gaffi Stick prop model, for Tatooine. It was in Rends' Jundland Wastes map. However since it's not meant to be a weapon, it's held by the spike on the end, which looks very strange...
 RebelScum!
03-18-2005, 4:46 PM
@ Saturn...well...thats ok I guess

@ Rends, I love that grenade! Thats really awesome...And about the story I think a I have one...

"Piggie" as his friends and fellow bounty hunters call him, is a gamorrean fugitive of the very little justice on Gamorr. He is wanted for killing his female which he did'nt do. He is a skilled hunter and was once the commander of Jabba the Hutt's guard. He was very faithful to his cruel leader, but instead of being paid with credits he was being paid with refuge. But after years of service and training the authorities on Gamorr finally caught up with him. After a near death experience with a speeder trying to escape Tatooine, he was picked up by this bounty hunter squad.

.....any good? If its to normal or cappy just tell someone else to do it. I won't care ;).
Page: 1 of 2