Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PC & NPC don;t follow orders in Battle

Page: 1 of 1
 clydeski
03-04-2005, 4:10 AM
Has anyone noticed that exspecially at the start of a fight, the PCs and NPCs tend to ignore commands on what force powers to use, or what kind of attack to make, or what enemy to attack? Often has to pause fight and give the commands again, which "usually" works. Never had this problem in KOTOR I, only in II. On Dantoonie, this problem seems exspecially severe although it tends to happen throughout the game.
 jedimasterwanab
03-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Yea yea... I have the same problem too!

It happens when you switch characters & issue commands to them but when you switch back to your main playing character, the NPCs' will "override" your commands & have a mind of their own... Totally agonizing.

Wonder if there's anyone out there who can manage all 3 characters at one time...Heh.
 clydeski
03-05-2005, 2:39 AM
That sounds like what happens. Pain in the .....
 j3di_sean
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Most definitely a bug. Kotor1 had a similar problem BUT it wasn't as severe as this one.

Hopefully Obsidian will fix it in the upcoming patch.

If Kotor3 is coming out... please, Obsidian, take your time.
 clydeski
03-13-2005, 8:26 PM
If you want to give the PC and NPCs different attack orders, it helps to go into solo mode. They seem to actually follow orders if you do this.
 theBlind
03-16-2005, 6:52 AM
You need to bring up the attack quene first. So you need to give an attack order, then delete it, then give your other orders.
 Leviathan
03-26-2005, 1:00 PM
You need to bring up the attack queue first. So you need to give an attack order, then delete it, then give your other orders.
These steps can work for a certain moment at least. Moreover, that would become hard if you have several party members to manage...
Consequently, this kind of practices is reserved for those which are relatively patient...
 CTOAN
04-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I've had the same problem too. A fix I found was to scroll to the desired behavior - Aggressive / Ranged / Jedi Support / whatever AND THEN click on the portrait that you want. So if you want ranged behavior [for Atton, let's say], you have to use the arrows to bring up that behavior portrait and then click on it. You know you do it right when the little black window pops up [just above the behavior] telling you about the behavior, like

*uses ranged weapons and grenades
*switches weapons for close combat

Or whatever it says. This also seems to be the case with Force/Lightsaber Forms.

Let me know if that fixes your problem.

:x-wing:
Page: 1 of 1