Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anyone planning to make a mod for EaW?

Page: 1 of 1
 Juggernaut1985
02-23-2005, 3:31 PM
Is anyone here going to make a mod? Perhaps add in the CW sides or correct the EU thats in EaW.
 OverlordAngelus
02-23-2005, 4:50 PM
I was planning a Thrawn Trilogy campaign if such a thing would be possible in the game.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-23-2005, 5:39 PM
We'll first have to see if the game is mod friendly or no.

It's pretty early to plan anything IMO. But it's nice to start throwing ideas around.
 StarWarsPhreak
02-23-2005, 6:50 PM
You just know someone is going to make an NJO mod...
 SirPantsAlot
02-24-2005, 4:17 AM
Anyone planning to make a mod for Half Life 4?
 Jan Gaarni
02-24-2005, 9:44 AM
Off topic there.

But on a side note, shouldn't we wait for Half-Life 3 before planning any Mods for number 4? :D
 SirPantsAlot
02-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
Off topic there.

But on a side note, shouldn't we wait for Half-Life 3 before planning any Mods for number 4? :D But HL4 would probably be better...

LOGIC WINS AGAIN!
 lonepadawan
02-24-2005, 12:48 PM
I prefer to ADD to a game rather than replace it... so I'll add stuff which I think would be neat. Like... if they left out the B-wing... or Z-95s... it'd be fun to add them. (Not 10000 ridiculous TIE variations though...)

And after Ep3 I get the feeling that if the ships there aren't included.. people might strive to create a clone wars era mod.
 SirPantsAlot
02-25-2005, 12:59 AM
There ARE Z-95s and no way the B-Wings will be missing.
 lonepadawan
02-25-2005, 8:52 AM
Show me a screenshot of a Z-95. No? Then that's why I suggested them as somthing I could do off the top of my head. Since were seeing X-Wing prototypes in the republic arsenal in Ep3 that particular piece of EU may be overturned. But I hope not... I love my old Z-95..
 SirPantsAlot
02-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by lonepadawan
Show me a screenshot of a Z-95. No? Then that's why I suggested them as somthing I could do off the top of my head. Since were seeing X-Wing prototypes in the republic arsenal in Ep3 that particular piece of EU may be overturned. But I hope not... I love my old Z-95.. In the previews it says that in one mission you'd need to get the x-wing prototype.
 lonepadawan
02-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Well we could still do that even if the Z-95 doesn't exist... especially if the X-wing was originally imperialish... but I hope your right.. thats always been a piece of EU that seemed fairly realistic...
 lukeiamyourdad
02-25-2005, 1:04 PM
Nah.

The X-Wing prototype we see in Ep3 is an ARC-something.

The Z-95 could be its predecessor, which then makes it the predecessor of X-Wing also.

Another possibility is a mix of both. The ARC-something and Z-95 could have been "combined" to give the X-Wing.
 Nokill
02-25-2005, 1:31 PM
is it yust me and SirPantsAlot or is this game not even on the edge of coming to beta yet?
 lonepadawan
02-25-2005, 1:37 PM
Ah of course... we should just all sit here and say: "nic screns!!!11111 lolololol" occasionally.

Aren't we allowed to speculate?
 Cpt. Bannon
02-26-2005, 12:47 PM
the z-95 is in no way the x-wing's predecessor. It is even till in production and use well after the x-wing is heavily popularized. and the ectual x-wing was never an imperial unit. The Incom guys that brought it to the rebels brought it before the empire decided on the design. there may have been a couple of prototypes, but that's all.
 PR-0927
02-26-2005, 1:00 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
You just know someone is going to make an NJO mod...

And you have a problem with that how?

Just to say it for the billionth time, George Lucas himself came up with the Yuuzhan Vong. He wanted the authors to create a story for them. He approved of the books before the release of them, looking through them all. NJO is pure Star Wars as are almost every book that George Lucas didn't come up with. Keep that in mind.

As for main characters dieing, George Lucas had intended for Luke Skywalker to die. He changed his mind. Keep that in mind.

And don't start an argument here, just wanted to clear it up.

Plus, if you don't like NJO, it doesn't stop others from creating a NJO mod. Ignore it or something.

:fett:
 lukeiamyourdad
02-26-2005, 3:04 PM
Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon
the z-95 is in no way the x-wing's predecessor.

True, it is still in use but the X-Wing is still based of the Z-95.

Revan-Nice. Phreak is an NJO fan I believe. I won't get into your arguments because I don't want to be the cause of another EU vs. the Movies flamefest.
 Master_Cain
02-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon
the z-95 is in no way the x-wing's predecessor. It is even till in production and use well after the x-wing is heavily popularized. and the ectual x-wing was never an imperial unit. The Incom guys that brought it to the rebels brought it before the empire decided on the design. there may have been a couple of prototypes, but that's all.

About X-wing

Official EaW Preview Quote:

....Brett showed us an opening cinematic, created almost entirely from in-game assets. The scrolling text tells of the Alliance's plans to capture a new Empire fighter prototype called the X-Wing. The camera pans across a star field, stopping just as a Rebel fleet hyperspaces in at takes up orbit around a nearby planet. Troop transports descend to the surface and land outside an Imperial base. Infantry and tanks swarm out of the ships as AT-ATs and stormtroopers rush to meet them. The Rebels gain the edge in the firefight after calling in a pair of Y-Wings to take out the Imperial AT-AT. With the Imperial forces routed, the Rebels seize the X-Wing prototypes and launch off into space.

But it's not done yet. An Imperial fleet has moved in to intercept the Rebels. Star Destroyers and waves of TIE Fighters mix it up with a small number of Rebel cruisers and squads of Y-Wings. Realizing that they can't possibly win against such overwhelming odds, the Rebels retreat, taking their new X-Wing fighters with them. The camera cuts to a very disappointed Darth Vader standing on the bridge of one of the Star Destroyers.

As for moding EaW ...hmmm...I also plan that. I'm sure that EU will be the most interesting option. A kind of Warlords Mod.
 SirPantsAlot
02-27-2005, 3:31 AM
yeah
 lonepadawan
02-27-2005, 8:35 AM
Always a pleasure.
 SirPantsAlot
02-27-2005, 8:41 AM
Quite so... Could you edit your post?
 CodeDrifter
03-07-2005, 11:38 PM
I'd love for there to be an NJO mod though I'd hope the mod maker would be careful on how they impliment the Jedi.
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-09-2005, 9:24 AM
the z-95 is in no way the x-wing's predecessor.
Just like tonnes of people own sail boats after the invention of the diesel engine, people kept producing Z-95 head hunters after the advent of the X-Wing. That doesn't mean the X-Wing is not based on the Z-95, just that the Z-95 is still a popular design, at least for those who couldn't get their hands on an X-Wing.

X-Wings were built by Imperial-run InCom Corporation, but the project team defected to the rebellion for reasons unknown after completing a prototype fighter. They managed to make off with the prototype, the blue-prints of the fighter, and all other vital information on it, and essentially handed it over to the Alliance.

The Incom guys that brought it to the rebels brought it before the empire decided on the design. there may have been a couple of prototypes, but that's all.
Exactly. And you don't build prototypes before you have decided on the design. No one does. "Deciding on the design" involves months or years of blueprint-drawing, tech research, Virtual Reality tests, etc. So yes, if they had built several X-Wings, they'd "decided on the design."

....Brett showed us an opening cinematic, created almost entirely from in-game assets. The scrolling text tells of the Alliance's plans to capture a new Empire fighter prototype called the X-Wing (...) [description of rebel hit-and-run strike]
Couldn't have been farther off. Just like there are, what, three different accounts on how the Alliance got their hands on the Tyderium, and how there are at least two accounts on the capture of the Razor, there was bound to be deviation from canon history here, too...:rolleyes: Sigh.

Research, people, research:p!

As for those quad-winged craft in the trailer: Who says they're X-Wing prototypes? Many craft in the SW universe look like each others. Those craft are necessarily X-wing prototypes more than an Interdictor is a Star Destroyer prototype.

Dagobahn Eagle
Aspiring SW encyclopedia.:D
 lukeiamyourdad
03-09-2005, 9:44 AM
Wasn't it claimed to be the X-Wing predecessor on Hyperspace or something?
 Dragonball Fan
03-10-2005, 9:46 PM
If so, then Lucas is f*cking the EU authors in the *ss again.
 Jan Gaarni
03-11-2005, 2:52 AM
I can't remember there ever being a canon source stating how the X-Wing got into rebel hands.

Official sources, and oldest to my knowledge, state it was turned over to the rebels shortly after the Empire nationalized InCom. So InCom must have had prototypes of it before it became Imperial-ran.
 edorien
03-13-2005, 9:30 AM
yup, if it can be done
Force Commander
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-13-2005, 8:48 PM
If we get a powerful editor I know I'll be making scenarios.

My hopes are that we get an editor at least as powerful as that used by Empires and Empire Earth. And a unit editor to match Warcraft III's.

I won't make new models or anything, though.
 Juggernaut1985
03-16-2005, 4:18 PM
Why not just edit the INI files?
 DK_Viceroy
03-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Because only Vostok is the only one round here other than myself and yourself Jugg who even knows what an INI is.
 SirPantsAlot
03-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DK_Viceroy
Because only Vostok is the only one round here other than myself and yourself Jugg who even knows what an INI is. HEY! :mad:
 DK_Viceroy
03-20-2005, 11:22 AM
no before you ask it isn't a type of belly button :p
 StarWarsPhreak
03-20-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure many people know what ini files are. Don't kid yourself. And rwar *whip crack* @ Majin.
Page: 1 of 1