Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Warheads

Page: 1 of 1
 Heavyarms
02-22-2005, 4:46 AM
I'd like to see a feature for starfighters that has "upgrade" buttons when you select a wing, and when docked with a capital ship they can get "upgraded" to carry a certain quantity of warheads, with choices being missiles, advanced missiles, torpedoes, advanced torpedoes, heavy rockets, proton bombs (y-wing and Tie-Bomber only), and maybe mag pulse. And then there's the question of whether capital ships should carry them because they have warhead launchers... I say just give them concussion missiles, that would be what they would normally use anyway.
 lonepadawan
02-24-2005, 1:00 PM
I doubt they'd give us that much control over our fighters (as far as choosing amunition type goes) as it would require a lot of micro management and would be on the wrong scale as it were.. but I do hope that fighters use warheads... although if they turn into expendable troop type things (unlike the quite powerful units they were in the films) I doubt it..
 Darth Windu
02-24-2005, 6:06 PM
Frankly I doubt it, because it would create too much micro, but you never know. As for warships, why would they carry warheads? The films make it clear they do not, and there doesnt seem to be much point in it anyway.
 Heavyarms
02-24-2005, 6:09 PM
Why is it too much micro? If squads of starfighters are 1 "unit", and if you have a system similar to Generals, it wouldn't be much of a problem. (What Generals does is give you three icons for USA as to which kind of drone you want to add to your units if you want. Just click it, it builds and adds it?)
 sith4ever99
02-25-2005, 5:39 AM
I forget which pic it is,but in one it shows an Acclemator firing missiles. And, if you ever read the New Essential Guide to Vehicles, it tells that SDs and Mon Cals have missiles, along with a lot of other capital ships, so I think that all capitals should be able to fire missiles.
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-13-2005, 9:00 PM
I know the Star Destroyers and Mon Calamarian cruisers don't have missiles, regardless of what the "essential" guide to ships says. They would've used them in ROTJ.

It's not too much micro-management for fighters to fire missiles, more than it is for them to fire blasters. I can picture them having some sort of rocket system. They attack large ships with torpedoes and lasers until they run out, and then attack with lasers only.

Similarily, A-Wings would attack with concussion missiles and lasers until they ran out, and then it was lasers only.

I guess it'd be an idea to have a key to press that toggled whether selected units fired their missiles. I wouldn't want to have my Y-Wings drain their torpedoes taking out an enemy interdictor when I know they're about to face a Star Destroyer.

If squads of starfighters are 1 "unit", and if you have a system similar to Generals, it wouldn't be much of a problem. (What Generals does is give you three icons for USA as to which kind of drone you want to add to your units if you want. Just click it, it builds and adds it?)
I hope you won't be upgrading your units during battle. More likely, your adding special stuff to them out of battle. Ideally (in my opinion), nearly every unit/squad would have some sort of special weapon and/or equipment. Infantry squads could get a deployable E-Web, X-Wings could get torpedoes, and so on.
 FroZticles
03-15-2005, 8:07 PM
Why have rockets when you can send wave after wave of Tie-Fighters to do some kamakazi attacks. :D
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-15-2005, 8:13 PM
True enough:cool:.
Page: 1 of 1