Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Friendly Fire

Page: 1 of 1
 Heavyarms
02-21-2005, 9:06 AM
Would you want FF in this game? I would, it would stop a player from rushing and make sure people act smart around capital ships, because once they blow they take out any fighters near them, and any other ships get damaged by concussive hits close, and stray lasers can hit friendly ships.
 Rogue15
02-21-2005, 9:20 AM
depends. if it's on the ground, grenades and rockets, and turbolasers, explosions should cause causualties and fratracide. XD
 Darth Alec
02-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Probably its going to be an on/off button to this since inexperienced players (like everyone right now:p ) will just blast himself out of the sky.
 jokemaster
03-04-2005, 7:45 PM
Actually I think it'd be pretty cool if you could pull something off like tricking 2 star destroyers to shoot at each other. I think I read something like that in one of the Rouge squadron books.
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-07-2005, 3:26 PM
In Ground Control you could shut it off. What was annoying with said game, however, was that units didn't watch it. If you had a heavy terradyne squad and it spotted an enemy unit, it'd open fire - even if your Command APC was in the way and got blasted to shreds:D!

So yes to friendly fire - if the units watch it a little and only fire if the line of fire is clear. Or something like that.
Page: 1 of 1