Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ask questions about the Scenario/Campaign editor HERE!

Page: 1 of 1
 Dagobahn Eagle
10-03-2001, 11:49 PM
In this thread, I'll use my experience from making Age of Kings scenarios to help the new ones out! Ask about the editor here, and I'll answer as best as I can.
 Kudar
10-17-2001, 9:53 AM
How tricky are these "triggers" that were talked about in another thread to do, and what exactly are they? Is it a case of setting ifs , buts and elses ??

or what?
 Compa_Mighty
10-17-2001, 10:05 PM
No, you don't write anything, evrything is pre programmed, you only have to order it.
 DarkTrooper
10-17-2001, 10:07 PM
Will Boba Fett be in the campaign editor i want to make an army of Boba same with Darth Maul
 mer-ke_fostl
10-23-2001, 11:23 PM
Will one player be allowed to control 2 diff civs at once, or do you have to pick one? (of course you could always convert them in the game, but the other way would be much easier.)
 Kudar
10-24-2001, 4:41 AM
Darktrooper - Yes Boba Fett will be available as a toy box unit

mer-ke_fostl - Sorry not sure about that, but if you convert them does that not mean they just become part of your civ and you wouldn't gain their weapons etc, just your own?
:confused: I'm not sure though.
 Dagobahn Eagle
10-24-2001, 6:51 PM
Wow, didn't realise it had gone active! Okay, now it's on E-mail notification, so it won't miss me.

Kud'ar Mub'at: No, not at all. The trigger consists of two parts: The condition and the effect. The trigger waits for the condition to become true, then carries out the effect. For example, for Vader's opening message, use this trigger:

Condition
Wait 2 seconds
Effect
Play sound file VaderTalking.. whatever ;)
Message "Vader: The rebels are sure to have lookouts..."

After two seconds, the sound file with Vader saying this will be played and the message will be shown. You can also set things like how long the message is displayed, where on the screen it appears (at the very top, about an inch below that, or just above the middle).

You can also have triggers that activates when a unit reaches a location, when a certain unit or amount of unit reaches an area, or when a unit reaches another unit (for example a meele unit attacking another meele unit). For example, here's the bombing run (I guess):

Condition
Some imperials inside the area (drag-and-drop on the map to create an area -yes, it's that easy).

Effect
Message and sound file
Task (which means give order to) object: TIE Bombers ==> Rebel base

Then I guess there's a wait condition or something that forces them to leave.

Certain other setups are: Loop (trigger goes on as long as the effect is true. For example, you may have a continuerly rain sound effect troughout the whole scenario), start inactive (even if the condition is true, the effect cannot be carried out unless another effect turns the trigger on. It works the same way as a lamp: Even if you turn the switch, it won't go on before you've plugged it in ;). Useful for RPGs and such with scenarios like 'you have to do this before that happens'. Oh, and triggers can be turned off by each others as well (like... umh.. 'if you slay that old woman, the lumberjack won't give you 100 gold for showing up anyway)'.

Darktrooper: Yes, he will.

mer-ke_fostl: No, but it would have been really cool (hard, though ;)). With AoK, however, there is a custom map that lets you start with 3 Town centers (command bases in GB) spread out over the map instead of one (each with three workers and a scout), effectively giving the illusion of having three civilisations. I believe this will be possible for GB as well.

By the way, two players can control one civilisation! Set them up with the same number (both being number 2, for example), and they'll both have full control of everything in civilisation 2 :). Been there, screwed up that (I was a newbie, my co-ruler was a newbie). It's probably a good way to instruct new players, though: You can both instruct him and take over if he's doing things too wrong.

mer-ke_fostl: You get only that unit, and you can't upgrade it. For example, let's say you convert a hover tank (Rebel Mech) with an armor of 4 +2. Even if you buy more armor upgrades, the tank will remain at 4 +2 for the rest of the game (a good question is if the previous owner of the game can upgrade it if he converts it back). The unit can be healed, loaded with troops, and attack/move/heal/convert just like every other unit of its type, though.

Come on, keep asking. Me and the others are here for you.
Page: 1 of 1