Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

kotor 2 starts at windowed mode?! and then some...

Page: 1 of 1
 HEISLEGEND
02-17-2005, 11:53 AM
well this is just a small annoying problem. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt...but its annoying nonetheless

anyways whenever i start kotor 2 sometimes the game starts in windowed mode and the only way i know to fix this is to change the resolution and put it back to normal resolution.

another problem i experience is the "crash when loading" thing. it doesnt happen most of the time but it does happen. i also ahd the same problem on kotor 2, where the loading bar comes to 95% then crashes to desktop.

any help would be appreciated.

my comp specs are...
2.7 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
512 mb ram
RADEON 9600
 Axell
02-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I had that happening to me soem time ago... What I did to solve it mas running the config program, pressing the 'Recommended Settings' button and then 'Apply'. After that, put in the config you want and hit 'Apply' again. That worked fine for me.
 HEISLEGEND
02-18-2005, 5:45 PM
omg, your my hero! thank you. that worked like a charm =D
 Achilles
02-18-2005, 6:23 PM
You can also open swkotor2.ini and change Fullscreen=0 to Fullscreen=1 under [Graphics Options].
 Axell
02-18-2005, 8:05 PM
But in my case(our, even) the Fullscreen would be marked as enabled and even then the game would run windowed.
Go figure! :confused:
 Leviathan
02-22-2005, 4:55 AM
Try this to solve your (minor) problem :
Right-click on the SW : KotOR II's shortcut on the Windows' Desktop, then choose "Properties".
In the new window named "Properties of *******", select the "Shortcut" mitre. Next, in the "Run" field, click on "Increased".
Finally, validate these modifications by pressing the "Apply" and "OK" buttons.
PS : Certain headlings can vary according to your Windows' version.
 Achilles
02-22-2005, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by Axell
But in my case(our, even) the Fullscreen would be marked as enabled and even then the game would run windowed.
Go figure! :confused: There are two of them. Make sure they're both set to 1 and you'll be fine. One is under [Graphic Options]...I don't remember where the other is. One of the sections above this, I believe.
 Axell
02-27-2005, 7:21 AM
Even with both Options set as 0 it won't run on a window, I tried all that hehe.
Windowed mode is unsupported on TSL, isn't it?
 ricky60831462
03-22-2009, 11:53 PM
not just the FullScreen feature
it is one more step for this fullscreen trick
under [Graphics Options], you'll found the following line,
AllowWindowedMode=1
this will allow player to switch between fullscreen and windowed.
If your graphics options doesn't have that line, just add it yourself.:shades2:
 DarthParametric
03-23-2009, 10:30 AM
I get the game running windowed whenever I start it with AA enabled. Start it with it turned off and it runs fullscreen.
 Lunaraia
11-03-2009, 8:57 PM
Same problem with AA as DarthParametric, strange stuff, the oddesdt thing about it is that i hadd AA on but that problem only materialised after I added Stoney's extra content

OK Found the source of the problem for me, and how to fix it, well if your usinv Vista that is, Start the game set Anti Aliasing to what u want it to then open up the KOTOR 2 folder with the stuff in it, then click Compatibily Files, you will notice a SWKOTOR2.ini file there, open it up and look down till u find full screen and set it to 1 and save it, start KOTOR 2 and notice that it will now be fullscreen, Enjoy -^_^-
 Qui-Gon Glenn
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I have found recently that it is better to set your AA and AF through your GPU and let that force it through, and leave the in-game options of AA and AF to off. KotOR was apparently coded by goblins and children.
Page: 1 of 1