Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A little help....please?

Page: 1 of 1
 GenralChris
02-15-2005, 4:56 AM
Excuse me, but I was wondering, is there a way to replace the meshes or skins of the charecters? and can I change the dark trooper into an AT-ST driver, along with changing the weapons?
 Saturn_V
02-15-2005, 9:35 AM
Sure they can be done. Examine the mission lua, the number and type of player characters are set there.

The ReadDataFile sets up which meshes the level will need:

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\imp.lvl",
"imp_inf_basic_tie",
"imp_fly_tiefighter",
"imp_inf_darthvader",
"imp_inf_dark_trooper");

so if you want to add something new, make sure it exists in the game's side lvl file, and add it in to the appropriate ReadDataFile.

Next look at Alliance / Imperial Stats, this defines how many of each type of unit will spawn:

-- Imperial Stats
SetTeamName(IMP, "Empire")
SetTeamIcon(IMP, "imp_icon")
AddUnitClass(IMP, "imp_inf_gh_trooper",10)
AddUnitClass(IMP, "imp_inf_shock_trooper",1)
AddUnitClass(IMP, "imp_inf_pilottie",2)
AddUnitClass(IMP, "imp_inf_scout_trooper",2)
AddUnitClass(IMP, "imp_inf_dark_trooper",1)
SetHeroClass(IMP, "imp_inf_darthvader")

Then, check the Attacker / Defender Stats has the same total number of units as called in the above section:

-- Defender Stats
SetUnitCount(DEF, 16)

If you want to change their weapons, you'll either have to hex edit the game lvl files or do this (http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/display_message.asp?mid=76)
 GenralChris
02-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I've had a look, but I still don't get it. I'm a rubish modder you know, and not very good at this thing. It maybe a lot to ask but perhaps you cold make a download for me, and for fellow rubish modders, that will enable the change of the Dark Trooper to an AT-ST driver. Also, would it be possible to change the Imperials and Clone Troopers on Naboo to Royal Security Forses?

Thanks for the help anyway,
Page: 1 of 1