Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Exile's Item Pack now up at my site.

Page: 2 of 3
 Dan_P_Fuller
02-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi. Great work on the mod, just on request. My faveroute robes are the white Jedi Robes. IMHO, they would look a lot better if the coller was white as well.
Please consider this.

Cheers

Dan
 Nodakrattler
02-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Dan_P_Fuller
Hi. Great work on the mod, just on request. My faveroute robes are the white Jedi Robes. IMHO, they would look a lot better if the coller was white as well.
Please consider this.

Cheers

Dan

Actually if you wanted to do this all you need is the texture, which can be extracted with kotor tool(I believe Redhawke used the in game textures), and photo shop or similar program open up the texture select the black area do a hue saturation then adjust the light and dark to what you want. Just a word of advise if you do this select colorize if available when you do the hue adjustments, it seems to make it easier to go from really dark colors to light ones.
 RedHawke
02-24-2005, 10:42 PM
^^^^
Nodakrattler, you are correct, I used only stock textures for the robes in this pack... ;)

Dan, As Nodakrattler said above, all you have to do is edit the games white robe texture. The texture tpc file you want to convert to tga with KT, and edit is PFBN09.

The part you want to make white, that goes around the neck, is the first circular patch immediately above the top part of the robes vest texture area. There is another circular texture patch right above it.

You can't miss it! :D
 JacenPrime
02-25-2005, 4:24 AM
Right...I'll check again, cause I do have 8 points in stealth....I'll edit this post later.
 Jennaida
02-25-2005, 5:06 AM
Does it not give you the sabers, if you're undecided and have the container give you everything? I've just been playing through with the item pack, and never got one. :(
 Darkkender
02-25-2005, 6:47 AM
Originally posted by Jennaida
Does it not give you the sabers, if you're undecided and have the container give you everything? I've just been playing through with the item pack, and never got one. :(

It only gives you saber crystals. Redhawke is of the mindset to let you build your own saber. By the way Redhawke I comend this action. But I digress, There are a couple solutions in this you can make use of my lightsaber workbench mod where you have to be at least 10th level to build a saber, you can wait to earn it by building it within game, or you can cheat one in and given to yourself.
 Dan_P_Fuller
02-25-2005, 7:08 AM
Cheers!
This will help me on the path to being a modder!
 Lorden Darkblade
02-25-2005, 8:47 AM
I tested the MOD and I found a lil something, at least on my game, after I picked all the items my game kinda froze...
Well I don't know how to explain, it was like if it was paused but pause thing wasnt written on the screen, all I know is that I pressed ESC and the game continued normally.
Just letting you know about this RedHawke, so in case anyone get the items and the game look like it has frozen try hitting the ESC key.

Now I must say the items are very good, tho I didnt had much time to test it cuz I got it went to medbay and had to save to cuz of college :p but still, awesome work.
I just have 1 question, how you made the mask invisible RedHawke?
 Nodakrattler
02-25-2005, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
I tested the MOD and I found a lil something, at least on my game, after I picked all the items my game kinda froze...
Well I don't know how to explain, it was like if it was paused but pause thing wasnt written on the screen, all I know is that I pressed ESC and the game continued normally.
Just letting you know about this RedHawke, so in case anyone get the items and the game look like it has frozen try hitting the ESC key.

Now I must say the items are very good, tho I didnt had much time to test it cuz I got it went to medbay and had to save to cuz of college :p but still, awesome work.

Actually I have a few games going and on all of them I choose every thing and I didn't have any problems. It may have been a glitch period and may not be a problem with the mod at all. I say that cause I've had the game glitch and stop on me even without any mods, heck one time I ended up under the landing pad at the resteration zone on Telos(should've taken screens dang it).
 Lorden Darkblade
02-25-2005, 1:59 PM
I'm not saying it's his MOD fault.
I'm just letting him know I ahd that issue and trying to tell other people if they encounter something like this how to get out of it.
With me all I had to do was press ESC.
I don't have anything against his MOD. Just letting him know of what happened.
Yes I know it can be caused by the game cuz I experienced a lot of bugs too.
Worst one was the dialogue skipping. Anyway just trying to help.
 Nodakrattler
02-25-2005, 2:24 PM
I'm not saying it's his MOD fault.
I'm just letting him know I ahd that issue and trying to tell other people if they encounter something like this how to get out of it.
With me all I had to do was press ESC.
I don't have anything against his MOD. Just letting him know of what happened.
Yes I know it can be caused by the game cuz I experienced a lot of bugs too.
Worst one was the dialogue skipping. Anyway just trying to help.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you, or say you were claiming his mod was at fault. Yeah those dialog skips are a pain.
 RedHawke
02-25-2005, 4:01 PM
Yeah, I have seen this strange bug... I have had something like this happen with HK-50 on Peragus I would end his dialogue sometimes and the game would seem like it is paused/frozen and I have to hit the ESC key to continue...
To get rid of the games headgear you need to extract i_null.mdl and i_null.mdx and rename copies of those two files as the various masks in the game... i_mask_001.mdl and .mdx through i_mask_014.mdl and .mdx.

Do this and no more headgear... :D
 Lorden Darkblade
02-25-2005, 4:10 PM
Yeah, I have seen this strange bug... I have had something like this happen with HK-50 on Peragus I would end his dialogue sometimes and the game would seem like it is paused/frozen and I have to hit the ESC key to continue...

Ok then :) better a game bug then a MOD bug, I was starting to think my PC didnt liked your MODs :p

To get rid of the games headgear you need to extract i_null.mdl and i_null.mdx and rename copies of those two files as the various masks in the game... i_mask_001.mdl and .mdx through i_mask_014.mdl and .mdx.

That's very good to know :p
Thanks RedHawke.
Keep up the great work. :D
 RedHawke
02-25-2005, 6:34 PM
Originally posted by Jennaida
Sorry Jennaida, I missed your post, I'm glad I read through the thread again...

I only distributed the Exile Items and the color crystals, I skipped the actual sabers, because you actually build your saber much later in the game and I didn't want to disturb that process. But once you get your first saber built with Bao-Dur, slap the Exile's Color Crystal of your choice in and away you go! ;)

For all my initial complaining, I have come to like the way you get your saber in the game, I didn't want to disturb this.
Originally posted by Darkkender
It only gives you saber crystals. Redhawke is of the mindset to let you build your own saber.
*Nods head in agreement!*
By the way Redhawke I comend this action.
Thanks Darkkender! :D
 Cestus
02-26-2005, 2:36 AM
Something... odd... happened after I installed this. I installed it in the middle of a game in progress- no problems at all. I started a new game, and now all my NPC's except Kreia start going massively dark side on every area transition and LSP I get. For example, on Peragus- as soon as I get T3, he's already got his own little red cloud going. Atton has his evil face. I get to Citadel Station, and I start using KSE to check their GoodEvil numbers. Atton had a 32, then I went through a door, and he was max light side. Then I went back through the transition, and he was back at 32.

I wonder what I did? The only other files in my override are baseitems and spells (for eliminating force restrictions).
 Lorden Darkblade
02-26-2005, 4:34 PM
[EDIT] Nevermind I figured out :p [EDIT]
 LuxDragon
02-27-2005, 4:16 AM
Hi... I'm new here. I've been reading and downloading loads of stuff here for a while.

If you could humor a noob about the .2da file? I'm using Envidas stuff as well as RedHawke's. There is a upgrade.2da problem and it was mention that all you had to do was use the editor to "combine" the two. I tried looking at the tutorials, but I couldn't find what would help me.

Could you tell me how I could make both of them work at the same time?

Thanks in advance.
 Darkkender
02-27-2005, 6:55 AM
Originally posted by LuxDragon
Hi... I'm new here. I've been reading and downloading loads of stuff here for a while.

If you could humor a noob about the .2da file? I'm using Envidas stuff as well as RedHawke's. There is a upgrade.2da problem and it was mention that all you had to do was use the editor to "combine" the two. I tried looking at the tutorials, but I couldn't find what would help me.

Could you tell me how I could make both of them work at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

There are a few different methods that have been provided in the stickies at the top of the forums. They include detailed instructions on combinding 2da files.

.2da Editing (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=596) is the sticky you want for some 2da files also, Do you Want to mod SW-KotOR? Then Start here.Mod Tutorials! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124284). A specific thread within there would be Adding New selectable PC's (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126215)

I mentioned there is more than one way to skin a cat earlier. You can download my segan wyndth armor v2.0 for TSL which has a premerged upgrade.2da file that includes those mods in there. Here is a link to that mod. [TSL]Segan Wyndth Armor & Jedi Armors (http://www.pcgamemods.com/10524/)

I hope the above resources help.
 tk102
02-27-2005, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by Cestus
I started a new game, and now all my NPC's except Kreia start going massively dark side on every area transition and LSP I get. ... I get to Citadel Station, and I start using KSE to check their GoodEvil numbers. Atton had a 32, then I went through a door, and he was max light side. Then I went back through the transition, and he was back at 32.

Interesting! KSE isn't the only thing that can screw up GoodEvil...
 clydeski
02-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Redhawke, Installed your three mods, exile, workbench and PC start. No other mods installed. Unfortunatley Bao Dur refuses to talk to th PC anylonger once he has all three parts of lightsaber. I took all the tlk files and .ncs from your mod out of the override with no luck. Then I took everything else out of override, still no luck. I also notice that after the fight with Visas, PC gets a double bladed light saber rather than the short light saber before the mod. Any suggestions? Are the any globals I can reset?
 clydeski
02-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Turns out Bao Dur stopped talkeing immediately after barding EH on Telos. Tuned up t3 conversation occured. After that he won't respond to any attempts to start conversations. Redhawks 3 mods were the only ones I was using. Did anyone else have this problem?
 envida
02-27-2005, 2:06 PM
Originally posted by clydeski
Turns out Bao Dur stopped talkeing immediately after barding EH on Telos. Tuned up t3 conversation occured. After that he won't respond to any attempts to start conversations. Redhawks 3 mods were the only ones I was using. Did anyone else have this problem?
I have seen many people experience this bug without mods installed too a the Obsidian boards, so might not have anything to with the mods you have but the game itself wich can be buggy as hell...
 RedHawke
02-27-2005, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by Cestus
Something... odd... happened after I installed this. I installed it in the middle of a game in progress- no problems at all. I started a new game, and now all my NPC's except Kreia start going massively dark side on every area transition and LSP I get. For example, on Peragus- as soon as I get T3, he's already got his own little red cloud going. Atton has his evil face. I get to Citadel Station, and I start using KSE to check their GoodEvil numbers. Atton had a 32, then I went through a door, and he was max light side. Then I went back through the transition, and he was back at 32.
Originally posted by tk102
Interesting! KSE isn't the only thing that can screw up GoodEvil...
It most likely isn't KSE or Mods, it's a probably a game bug, try running through with no mods at all and you will find it can still happen as well...
Originally posted by envida
I have seen many people experience this bug without mods installed too a the Obsidian boards, so might not have anything to with the mods you have but the game itself wich can be buggy as hell...
Exactly, at this point the game will need a patch or two before it is as stable as KOTOR I is...

Some of you all might not remember, but KOTOR I was also buggy right after it's release. ;)
Redhawke, Installed your three mods, exile, workbench and PC start. No other mods installed. Unfortunatley Bao Dur refuses to talk to th PC anylonger once he has all three parts of lightsaber. I took all the tlk files and .ncs from your mod out of the override with no luck. Then I took everything else out of override, still no luck. Any suggestions? Are the any globals I can reset?
There is nothing in my mods to mess up the dialogue with Bao-Dur, or sets any globals... I didn't even give you a Lightsaber on the Harbringer so there should be no problems there... with all the unfixed bugs it is hard to tell what is a Mod glitch or a bug at this point... start from a previous save game before leaving Telos with Bao-Dur...

On the XBox, I had Bao-Dur stop talking to me like that, I exausted his conversation options on Telos surface, on two out of my six playthroughs, and I could never get him to talk to me again, even after gaining some influence... all he said was "Yes General" and all I could say was "Nothing, Nevermind." Sounds like you are expiriencing a similar thing to me.
I also notice that after the fight with Visas, PC gets a double bladed light saber rather than the short light saber before the mod.
The type of saber you get in the game is actually random, I have gotten all three types of saber from the fights with Visas, and any other time you get a saber in the game... this has absolutely nothing to do with any mod.
 HahnHolio
02-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Hi there !

I have the strange problem with the EIM, which gives me a computer-console screen, as soon as i try to open the container in the exiles room.

May this be caused by the localized version of KotoR II iґm using (german)?

Iґve so far tested everything i can do about it (iґm no modder), which encompasses changing resolutions and checking wether other mods are installed and so on ....

but i got no clue why this is happening on my comp ... any help wouldbe highlyappreciated ...

thx in advance

HahnHolio
 RedHawke
02-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by HahnHolio
Hi there !

I have the strange problem with the EIM, which gives me a computer-console screen, as soon as i try to open the container in the exiles room.

No... there is nothing wrong with your game. So it's a feature. ;)

When you open the box the computer interface comes up to ask you some questions (A Dialog)... these are necissary to give you the LS or DS style Exile items you want... or threaten the box by "Your Vibroblade has a can-opener setting..." and get everything. :D
 clydeski
02-28-2005, 1:17 PM
Thanks Redhawke. It worked without your mods so I thinght using them had caused the problem. Wish I knew a way to fix it without starting from scratch. Very irritating.
 clydeski
02-28-2005, 1:20 PM
Redhawke, noticed your last comment. I haven't exhasuted the dialog options. He just won't talk. If I click on him to initiate dialogue, he turns toward the PC, but other than that gives no response at all. No dialog is initiated.
 LuxDragon
02-28-2005, 8:16 PM
To Darkkender:

All of that did help, thank a lot! Out of laziness though, I just used your mod (Which rocks BTW) to do everything. Thanks!

To RedHawke:

Your stuff rocks. I really love the custom equipment!

I actually have a request though... (If you'll take it, of course.) The White Robes, I actually never liked the flaring sleeves version of Jedi robes (the Jedi Master robes) and so I was wondering if you could make a set that's looks like your other custom Jedi Robe (But white of course). I'd do it myself, but modding parameters of equipment is the best of my meager skills. Skinning is a lot harder for me for some reason.

I'll understand if you don't wanna waste your time on a small thing like this when you're probably making something else that's great. If you do help me out though, I'd like to thank you in advance.

BTW, the white robes don't have the requirement of Jedi Defence like the others. Just pointing it out...
 Darth333
02-28-2005, 8:30 PM
Originally posted by HahnHolio
Hi there !

Iґve so far tested everything i can do about it (iґm no modder), which encompasses changing resolutions and checking wether other mods are installed and so on ....

but i got no clue why this is happening on my comp ... any help wouldbe highlyappreciated ...

thx in advance

HahnHolio

that probably happens because you are using the German version of the game. You have to set the language ID to 2 instead of 0 for each text field that says :"Text [CExolocstring] = 1 strings" for each reply/entry of the dialogue. Here is a pic of what you have to do: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/D333/GFFesp.jpg) (note: here I changed the 0(English) for a 4 (spanish)as I did this for a Spanish forum).

edit: make sure you don't end up with two strings for the same entry/reply.
 RedHawke
02-28-2005, 10:10 PM
^^^^
Darth333, that isn't clydeski's problem, he's saying my mod is stopping Bao-Dur from being able to have dialogue... which is all but impossible, as I never touched Bao-Dur or any of his game files. :(
Thanks Redhawke. It worked without your mods so I thinght using them had caused the problem. Wish I knew a way to fix it without starting from scratch. Very irritating.

Redhawke, noticed your last comment. I haven't exhasuted the dialog options. He just won't talk. If I click on him to initiate dialogue, he turns toward the PC, but other than that gives no response at all. No dialog is initiated.
Well... I have been running through the game myself, with all my mods and Darth333 Floating Saber Mod, and on my end ol' Bao-Dur is talking my ear off just fine... left Telos and no matter if I'm on the ship or off the ship he still talks to me normally...

Being that the game is so buggy at this point in time, when adding mods into an allready buggy game it is not really proper to say that this mod is definately causing your problem... when we get a patch or three, and the glitches go away or are abated somewhat, like what happened with KOTOR I and its 3 patches, then we can start pinning things down to so-and-so's mod as causing a problem.

At this point you may be asking "Why do I say this with such certainty?"

Because I edited nothing that would effect Bao-Dur... no game dialogue files, no NPC .utc files, I set no global numbers... nothing that could do what you say happened...

Sorry clydeski, but I'm thinking it is a bug in your savegame, and those definately do happen, mods or no mods, try reverting to a previous save game and see if it happens again.
Your stuff rocks. I really love the custom equipment!
Why thank you! :D
I actually have a request though... (If you'll take it, of course.) The White Robes, I actually never liked the flaring sleeves version of Jedi robes (the Jedi Master robes) and so I was wondering if you could make a set that's looks like your other custom Jedi Robe (But white of course).
Well, texturing is a pain in the backside for me at the moment as I have PSP 8.1 and it cannot handle the .tga files used by the KOTOR games, it messes them all up, I have to do my editing on my old PC that has PSP 6.*, and that isn't always available to me...

I'll have to wait for JASC to update their PSP program to handle the .tga files before I could do a request like this... and they posted on their site that they are working on the problem.

Though the thinner White robes is on my to-do list. :)
BTW, the white robes don't have the requirement of Jedi Defence like the others. Just pointing it out...
Actually, if you look at all the robes of that type, they all are missing that requirement as well. I think that Feat requirement is missing in the baseitems.2da entry for the thicker robe model.
 Darkkender
02-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
Darth333, that isn't clydeski's problem, he's saying my mod is stopping Bao-Dur from being able to have dialogue... which is all but impossible, as I never touched Bao-Dur or any of his game files. :(

I believe the point she was trying to make Redhawke might be in regards to all of the various items that have the <Your Name> entry in them as who knows what effect this might have on a non-english speaking game. Of course on the other hand it could be just his save as you mentioned too.

Of note clydeski if you visit lucasarts website they have a patch for the non-american versions of the game 1.0a which I believe included German. I don't know what the patch is for but I assume that there may have been alot of difficulties with the non-american release that had to be patched immediatley before they got around to a all around patch that everybody faced.
 RedHawke
02-28-2005, 10:29 PM
I believe the point she was trying to make Redhawke might be in regards to all of the various items that have the <Your Name> entry in them as who knows what effect this might have on a non-english speaking game.
:roleyess: Which had absolutely nothing to do with clydeski's problem... Bao-Dur not being able to initiate dialogue with him.

It was HahnHolio who mentioned having a German version of the game... Darth333 probably quoted the wrong person in her post... but I could be wrong. :p

EDIT: I have done as envida suggested earlier and looked at the OE boards and indeed people are having this problem without using mods... also there seems to be a problem going to Dantooine first, as well as some other disturbing issues... man I want a TSL patch. :(
 Darth333
03-01-2005, 5:20 AM
It was HahnHolio who mentioned having a German version of the game... Darth333 probably quoted the wrong person in her post... but I could be wrong. :p
lol sorry for the cofusion there...this is what happens when I browse the boards instead of sleeping :rolleyes:

I fixed my post above: I wanted to reply to HahnHolio :D Some Spanish guy was having the same problem with this mod: the console would appear but it would stay blank (no text would appear). Maybe I should make a sticky about this language issue (it's not only for this mod but all the mods that add new custom dialogues without referring to the .tlk table)
 su27
03-01-2005, 5:39 AM
Unfortunately, no RedHawke will remain solely in KOTOR I
Still waiting for Redhawke & male Revan romance mod :p

Anyway, Exile Pack is great - now I can't imagine how would I play without it :)

I mess up a little with my autobalance.2da to make enemies harder so now these items are not so powerful.
 RedHawke
03-01-2005, 8:28 PM
Originally posted by su27
Still waiting for Redhawke & male Revan romance mod :p
*RedHawke shakes Magic 8-Ball™ the message comes up in the little window... "Outlook not good".*

:D
 RedHawke
07-09-2005, 11:25 PM
*Ancient Thread, once again... rise!*

UPDATE: I have released an update for this mod creating custom textures for the Exile's robes and creating a whole new White robe for the Exile using the thinner Padawan model instead of the Bathrobe.

Available Here! :ben: (http://www.pcgamemods.com/13425/)

I have also enclosed textures that are compatable with svцsh's Robe Collar Fix, and IlikeCommas Padawan Robe Texture Pack Fix (http://www.pcgamemods.com/13033) for the collar fix.

Enjoy! :D
 Darth Smaug
07-10-2005, 5:50 AM
*Ancient Thread, once again... rise!*

UPDATE: I have released an update for this mod creating custom textures for the Exile's robes and creating a whole new White robe for the Exile using the thinner Padawan model instead of the Bathrobe.

Available Here! :ben: (http://www.pcgamemods.com/13425/)

I have also enclosed textures that are compatable with svцsh's Robe Collar Fix, and IlikeCommas Padawan Robe Texture Pack Fix (http://www.pcgamemods.com/13033) for the collar fix.

Enjoy! :D

Looking good!!This is for my overide :D
 RedHawke
12-15-2005, 4:14 AM
*Ancient Thread, Now Once Again.... Rise!*

New In Version 1.1: Altered the Mod to use Stoffe-mkb-'s TSL Patcher Program for complete compatibility.

Fixed the give item scripts so that the "Game Freeze" glitch no longer happens.

This does not affect the Robe Texture Update for this mod. You still install that one as instructed over this one. :D

Now on to making the Prestiege Class Robe & Saber Pack use the patcher! Done! ;)
 Carodej
12-31-2005, 1:47 AM
I downloaded your mod a few days ago, and I really like the concept. :)

It looks like you just updated it with the installer and everything, but if you do any more work on it, I would like to make a suggestion for your consideration. I do think the items are a bit overpowered, primarily because there really are no standard items the Exile is likely to use after comparing them to the new items you added plus the Exile gets these very early in the game.

Of course I do prefer more powerful items to weaker ones, and I find it pretty hard to get excited about some of the standard items that do things like grant +2 to Fortitude saves. Also, the fact that these items were supposed to be accumulated over the years by the Exile does make them more appropriate than the <your name> Armband we find.

So my real issue here is that of the appearance of progress. As I go along in the game, I look forward to finding better goodies, learning new feats, gaining new force powers, improving my skills, etc. So with your cool items, after I receive them I have less to look forward too.

So what I was wondering was if it was possible to make the items improve as the main character levels up. This would allow them to be weaker when found, but still useful while less unbalancing. At the same time their upper limits could make them highly desirable at the highest levels and if they have a smooth progression in their improvements they will always be used - and it would be something else to look forward to while leveling up.

Oh, and to make things more interesting, spawning a couple of squads of Sith assassins after taking the items would be a nice addition too.

Thanks for the great mod!
 RedHawke
12-31-2005, 3:45 AM
^^^^
Carodej, when posting a larger block of text like you had, please seperate things into mini-paragraphs, one per thought, it is somewhat headache inducing trying to read larger blocks of text. I'll do it for you this time to give you an example. ;)

About the mod, I do appreciate your input, but I have no desire to go back and revise this mod, it is just as I needed it to be.

So my real issue here is that of the appearance of progress. As I go along in the game, I look forward to finding better goodies, learning new feats, gaining new force powers, improving my skills, etc. So with your cool items, after I receive them I have less to look forward too.
Well that is a way of looking at it, but I found no reasoning to place them anywhere but the Exile's room on the Harbringer, as this is where your items are in the game. Besides I use the items I find on my NPC's anyway! ;)

And if you want more Sith to attack you, Prime has a Assassin to Dark Jedi Conversion (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) mod you might want to check out. :D

Thanks for the compliments, and welcome to the forums! :waive1:
 Carodej
12-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the tips and the welcome. :)

I just noticed I didn’t mention this in my earlier post, but I thought both the placement of the safe and the concept of the safe itself were really great additions to KotOR2. I was actually thinking of trying to learn how to mod enough to do something along the lines of what you did - until I found your mod and discovered you had done better than what I had been imagining. ;)

Naturally I also use the other found items on my NPCs, I was just wishing for a way to allow my PC to show more improvement as the game progresses. Anyway, I suppose I need to learn how to make my own mods if I want to customize to my tastes, but I know that would be whole new topic.

Thanks again for the mod. :)
 GamerX51
06-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey Redhawke,

I just wanted to drop a line to tell you that I just downloaded this mod yesterday, and I love it! But I have to say, I really don't like the new padwan robe model (The one you included in the patch you did for the mod) I liked the old padawan robe model better, but I still would like to use Svosh's robe collar fix. (I hate the way the collars look! :( ) So is there a way that I could have the old models back and still use the robe collar fix? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.
 RedHawke
06-09-2006, 9:37 PM
But I have to say, I really don't like the new padwan robe model (The one you included in the patch you did for the mod) I liked the old padawan robe model better, but I still would like to use Svosh's robe collar fix. (I hate the way the collars look! :( ) So is there a way that I could have the old models back and still use the robe collar fix? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.
I included no new models with my mod, only skins. Svosh's mod was the one with models (And it is necissary to install his mod for the texture patch for my mod to work right). Svosh's edited robe models require skins made for them specifically the older skins do not work with his mod.

Sounds a little like you installed my patch but didn't install Svosh's mod.

It is easy to revert things back though, simply uninstall everything and just install my base mod.
 GamerX51
06-10-2006, 9:27 AM
Sounds a little like you installed my patch but didn't install Svosh's mod.

I did install Svosh's mod, but I dont like the new skins for the robes. I liked the old skins better. (Sorry for not clarifying) I want to know if there is any way to use svosh's mod with the old skins for your mod.

I have 3DSMax 7.0 and GIMP 2.2, so if I have to do the editing myself then I can, but I've never edited textures before, so I don't know if I could do it or not. If there is any way of getting the old skins to work with the collar fix without having to edit the textures by hand, then how? And if not, then can you point me to a tutorial or someone who can help me?
 RedHawke
06-11-2006, 12:19 AM
I did install Svosh's mod, but I dont like the new skins for the robes. I liked the old skins better. (Sorry for not clarifying) I want to know if there is any way to use svosh's mod with the old skins for your mod.
If you wish to use the original textures that the Exile's robes used you just need to install the correct mods and they should change themselves. I didn't include any custom textures in the original mod.

My first version of the Exile's Item Pack used normal padawan robe textures, so if you installed Svosh's fixed collar padawan robe model and ilikecommas Texture Pack for Svosh's Fix (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13033.html), my base Exile Robes should change with every other padawan robe in the game. Just don't install my Robe Booster Skin Pack.
 GamerX51
06-12-2006, 9:27 AM
My first version of the Exile's Item Pack used normal padawan robe textures, so if you installed Svosh's fixed collar padawan robe model and ilikecommas Texture Pack for Svosh's Fix (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13033.html), my base Exile Robes should change with every other padawan robe in the game. Just don't install my Robe Booster Skin Pack.

If you used the games default textures, then something must be screwy with my mod install because when I got the robes on the harbinger, the white robe used some other texture that had flaps on the front. And installing ILikeCommas robe texture pack changes it to another texture that I don't like. I really liked the "flapped" texture. (I know I'm probably the only one in the universe who feels that way, but oh well.) I was saddened to see the flapped texture taken away with the booster pack. What want to know is if there is any way to get that texture to work with the collar fix?
 RedHawke
06-12-2006, 6:59 PM
If you used the games default textures, then something must be screwy with my mod install because when I got the robes on the harbinger, the white robe used some other texture that had flaps on the front.
The Handmaidens 'stock' robe (Which I used that skin and model for the original Exile's White Robe) is a Master Model robe, not a Padawan one... I did state that I changed this in the description for the Booster Pack (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13425.html)...

First, The White Robes have been totally redone using the favored Padawan Model, also if you have ilikecommas 'Standard Robe Pack for use with Svцsh's Robe Collar Fix' Installed, available at http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/13033.html), I also supplied textures that are compatable with that mods fixed collar format. (They look far better IMHO)
See... :p

And installing ILikeCommas robe texture pack changes it to another texture that I don't like. I really liked the "flapped" texture. (I know I'm probably the only one in the universe who feels that way, but oh well.) I was saddened to see the flapped texture taken away with the booster pack. What want to know is if there is any way to get that texture to work with the collar fix?
That isn't really a 'texture' it is called a model, it is a different body model entirely. It is called the Master Robe Model, and since I hate it you won't see my mods using one.

I changed the "flapped" bathrobe looking model for the white robe to one I liked, the thinner Padawan model, as that is also the one that Svosh originally fixed, hence the booster pack, which was primarily to fix the White Robe and release compatable textures for the fix as you have probably guessed.

Svosh also fixed the Master Robe model and made skins for it, look at his site.

You can, for personal use, fix all 3 of the Exile Robes to use the Master Robe model and textures if you want on your end, but you will have to do this yourself with KotOR Tool. Simply open the appropriate uti file (the same name as the cheat code) change the baseitem to the Master Robe setting and the texture variation to whatever 'stock' game robe texture that suits your fancy. :D

Either way you don't need the Booster if you don't like the Padawan robes. Just install Svosh's fixed Master Robe Models and his Texture pack for them and change the Exile's Jedi and Sith robe uti files from the base Exile's Item Pack like I said above and you will have all 3 robes with "flaps".

We have tutorials on editing items with KotOR Tool, and it isn't that hard. ;)
 GamerX51
06-13-2006, 6:09 PM
We have tutorials on editing items with KotOR Tool, and it isn't that hard. ;)

Thanks Redhawke! I just followed your suggestion, and now I have my "flapped" robes with cool looking collars! I personally don't understand what everyone else's problem with the master robe model is, but I really like it. (I am just weird, or is it that everyone else has high expectations? :D)
Anyway, thanks a ton! Now I can have a cool looking robe that doesn't look plain.
 RedHawke
06-14-2006, 12:32 AM
I personally don't understand what everyone else's problem with the master robe model is, but I really like it. (I am just weird, or is it that everyone else has high expectations? :D)
Because the Master Robe Model looks like a bathrobe and the sleeves clip with the saber hilts and it just sucks! :xp: I did say I "hated" it!

I'm glad you got it all fixed the way you wanted it though! :D
 RedHawke
08-18-2006, 3:39 AM
Update: I have recieved a request for having the mod give some sabers as well so I have whipped up a little Booster for doing this. It gives only normal game sabers and only the normal color ranges.

Attached to the first post in this thread.
Page: 2 of 3