Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener

Page: 3 of 3
 tk102
11-05-2006, 4:49 PM
Hi Miltiades,
It's been long time since I looked at the fb.exe code but I'm sure there aren't any limits built in to the code behind the armband. Were your outputs all in the same area or did you change areas?

And hey, it's fine to bump threads in this forum. :thumbsup: Glad to know the tools are still coming in handy.
 Miltiades
11-05-2006, 4:58 PM
All outputs were in the same area, yes. Apparently, it deletes the output of the first record I made when I recorded more than six. So when recording eight, the first two are deleted, and so on...
 Darth333
11-06-2006, 10:28 AM
If I remember well there was indeed a limit but as tk mentioned it is not in fb.exe. I'd have to verify.
 tk102
11-06-2006, 10:49 AM
If I remember well there was indeed a limit but as tk mentioned it is not in fb.exe. I'd have to verify.
Really? If there's a limit, you didn't code it -- the armband simply invokes the SendMessageToPC function -- there's no way for the armband to deliberately overwrite previous outputs. The fb.exe reads from the partytable.res file's "PT_FB_MSG_LIST" list field, writing out the text of every field in the list it finds between the 'whereami output' demarcations.

:giveup: There must be some feature in the game that prevents partytable.res from bloating up with messages from the entire game.

If you're just looking to get the PC's location and you don't care about the nearest door, placeable, etc -- you could comment out some lines in d3_location.nss main function (the ones that begin with GetTagAndDistance) and recompile it. This would save space in your partytable.res file for more PC location entries.

If you're getting 6 whereami outputs now, and each time you invoke the band it generates 9 calls to SendMessageToPC -- that's 54 text fields written to partytable.res. If you comment out the 5 GetTagAndDistance lines, that would mean the band would only generate 4 calls to SendMessageToPC, so you should be able to get about 13 whereami outputs into the same space that way (13 outputs*4 fields per output). If you decide to also comment out the module name, you could get up to 18 whereami outputs (18*3=54).

In theory, the demarcations could be made more effeciently and fb.pl could be rewritten to use only a single field to record the player's position.
 Darth333
11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
I never said that I coded the limit :xp: But yes, only a certain number of outputs get recorded in the partytable.res if I remember well. However, I don't remember if it's based on the number of chars, lines or total outputs (hope this makes sense).
 Miltiades
11-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Okay, I'm kind of busy right now, but I'll try it out as soon as possible.
 kavar000
11-25-2006, 11:23 AM
When you get the were am i coordinates how do u know which one is x,y, and z ??????
it givies you
?.???
?.???
?.???? which is which
 Darth333
11-25-2006, 11:29 AM
When you get the were am i coordinates how do u know which one is x,y, and z ??????
it givies you
?.???
?.???
?.???? which is which
The first line is x, the second one y and the third one is z :)
 kavar000
11-25-2006, 7:19 PM
In your other thread recruet a npc in 10 steps or less at the spawn script what do u need to put in the script
 darthriddick
03-29-2007, 1:35 AM
sorry for bumping this, but i've run into a problem...

i downloaded the armband, and i can get it ingame, but when i equip it, and go to feedback, i see a message saying the whereami arm band has been equipped but no coordenance...
could someone help me please?
i can't finish my mod without this!

~DR
 tk102
03-29-2007, 9:41 AM
sorry for bumping this, but i've run into a problem...

i downloaded the armband, and i can get it ingame, but when i equip it, and go to feedback, i see a message saying the whereami arm band has been equipped but no coordenance...
could someone help me please?
i can't finish my mod without this!

~DR
Hello DarthRiddick... first, you are certainly welcome to bump any thread in this forum or in the Taris Upper City Emporium. In fact, it's necessary to do to get questions about specific tools or mods answered.

Now, pardon me while I ask a stupid question. Did you 'activate' the armband after you equipped it? :)

Also, is the spells.2da file in your override?
 darthriddick
03-29-2007, 12:04 PM
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh god. i am such an idiot... ... ... ... ...
i never thought about activating it ingame...
seriously, i can't believe i didn't think about that before.
thanks tk102, if you hadn't asked that "stupid" question, i might Never have gotten it working. >_< ^_^

thanks again!

~DR
 tk102
03-29-2007, 12:32 PM
No problem dr... I am very happy that it was a simple fix. :)
 tk102
07-24-2007, 1:48 PM
v2.0.6 released
- Now displays XOrientation and YOrientation in the output instead of Orientation. These values are useful for .git file editing (modules).

Thanks to glovemaster for this update!
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180701)
 Omega_Novae
10-14-2007, 2:35 PM
I'm activating the armband through the Hak Pad. The dialog appears and all, but the coordinates don't show up in the feedback menu.
 tk102
10-14-2007, 2:49 PM
The Hak Pad uses its own scripts/dialogs which are based on a previous release of this mod. If you have questions about the Hak Pad usage you can ask them here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149446). I see there is a Hak Pad fix for the whereami armband available in the first post of that thread, so that might be a good starting point to investigate. Otherwise, you can download this mod and use it directly.
 gob.demo.master
11-04-2008, 8:02 AM
I get how to use the tool but how do you use it to spawn things into the game?
 tk102
11-04-2008, 10:16 AM
It doesn't spawn anything. It gives you the coordinates so that you can write a script that does.

See this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143536) for info on spawning via scripting.
 Darth Milenko
07-04-2009, 5:54 PM
only 2 questions. can i download this for an XBox version? and can it take you into an area not in the game say Ajunta Pauls tomb?
 TriggerGod
07-04-2009, 6:16 PM
only 2 questions. can i download this for an XBox version?
If you mod your box, and if it works, then sure.

and can it take you into an area not in the game say Ajunta Pauls tomb?
You can't warp into an area that doesn't even exist in the game files. It only exists in K1, not TSL.
Page: 3 of 3