Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Victory Star Destroyer - should it be re-designed?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Windu
02-12-2005, 5:49 AM
Hi folks. I was looking at the ISD, VSD and RAS, and thinking of how the VSD fits in between the RAS and ISD.

Basically, the VSD looks to me (in the game at least) to be an ISD that has been shrunk with cheek fairings added. What i'm wondering is, should the VSD show more of a transition from the RAS to the ISD, or should it be left as it is?
 swphreak
02-12-2005, 6:39 AM
Left as it is.
 sith4ever99
02-12-2005, 5:33 PM
:wstupid:

JK dont kill the newbie:(
 lukeiamyourdad
02-12-2005, 5:39 PM
>_>

That's what a VSD is and always has been. Let's redesign the AT-AT.

This thread sucks.
 lonepadawan
02-13-2005, 7:27 AM
VSD should remain as it always has been.
 Darth Windu
02-13-2005, 5:50 PM
luke - you seem to have missed the point. The VSD was never seen in the films, and hence it doesnt matter if it is redesigned. Also, what I am suggesting is the VSD be redesigned to fit more with what it is supposed to be. After all, the VSD is supposed to be the forerunner to the ISD, and yet shows absolutely no design progression from the RAS and ISD. Redesigning the ship would give it more credibility and frankly it would look better. Really, at the moment, all it is is a smaller ISD with superficial cheek fairings - for all intents and purposes they are identical.

As for the AT-AT, it is all about the evolution of the vehicles and ships. In this case, we go AT-TE --> AT-AT. Now, if EU created something in between the AT-TE and AT-AT, would you expect it to look like an AT-AT with extremely minor superficial changes, or ywould you expect it to look like a cross between the AT-TE and AT-AT? That same goes for the VSD. The line we have is RAS --> ISD, with EU making it RAS --> VSD --> ISD. Therefore, logic dictates that the VSD should show a design progression from the RAS to ISD.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-13-2005, 5:57 PM
The armament is different but no matter. I can't see what you mean by similarity with the RAS. They look different, only about the same size.

Anyway, there is more then superficial from the VSD to ISD. Performance and usefulness is also different.

You're looking at it the wrong way.

It DOES matter if it is redesigned. You cannot take an already existing vehicle, one who has a particular name and has been seen in many games and just change it.

The poll says it all.
 Jan Gaarni
02-13-2005, 9:39 PM
I feel a fight brewing.

Windu, don't make pointless threads to try and fish for a fight.

I realize you're not a fan of anything EU, but the Victory Class was designed by the team making the movies. EU have polished it up alittle, but that's it.

End of story.

:lock:
Page: 1 of 1