Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New force power! Lightsaber floating

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth333
02-09-2005, 4:53 PM
**spoiliferic force power. DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME AT LEAST ONCE!**

==============================================
FORCE POWER SABER FLOATING

spawns lightsabers that will attack the ennemy.
=============================================

For those who have played:
This is the same force power that is used in the final battle :D

Download from LucasFiles http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=1172)

Screenshot level 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/D333/K2_00000.jpg)

This mod adds three new neutral force powers selectable during normal level up.

Cost: 30 FP at lvl 1
35 FP at lvl 2
40 FP at lvl 3.

Jedi Guardian/Sith Marauder/Jedi Weapon Master:
lvl 18: spawns 1 saber
lvl 22: spawns 2 sabers
lvl 26: spawns 3 sabers

Jedi Sentinel/Sith Assasin/Jedi Watchman :
lvl 12: spawns 1 saber
lvl 18: spawns 2 sabers
lvl 22: spawns 3 sabers

Jedi Consular/Sith Lord/Jedi Master:
lvl 12: spawns 1 saber
lvl 18: spawns 2 sabers
lvl 22: spawns 3 sabers

Depending on whether you are LS or DS the sabers will be either Blue (LS and neutral) or Red (DS)

INSTALLATION:

1. Create a new folder called Override in your
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 directory.

2. Extract the files to your override folder. Note that this mod
will be incompatible with any other mod using thge spells.2da file.
The source code (.nss) files has been included.

The files contained in the folder d3_sber_source are the source code and it is for reference purpose only.

Uninstall:
Delete the files from your overide directory

Enjoy!

:D
 Mav
02-09-2005, 4:59 PM
I'll have to download this it sounds awesome, but I'l have to finish the game a few times without mods first. ;)
 Darth Stryke
02-09-2005, 5:00 PM
Well done! Gosh, to think I may not have TSL for another week. Anticipation is high, cannot wait! I have to constantly work on my new sabers to keep me from reading spoilers for TSL. :D
 beel2112
02-09-2005, 5:02 PM
Wow--first mod! That was fast. :)
 tk102
02-09-2005, 5:38 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
1. Create a new folder called Override in your
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 directory.
You catch that Fred? That's the first piece of info that we can use to start modifying our tools with. Now if we could find out what the registry is using for its path.
 Darth333
02-09-2005, 5:41 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Now if we could find out what the registry is using for its path.
These are the Values I have:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2

Name: Path
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App Paths\swkotor2.exe

Name: (Default)
Data: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\swkotor2.exe

Name: Path
Data: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2

Hope this helps :)
 tk102
02-09-2005, 5:44 PM
THANK YOU! (back on topic now...)
 Darth Stryke
02-09-2005, 5:46 PM
Now, we need someone to figure out if KOTOR models will work in TSL. (If we already found this out, ignore this post.)
 RedHawke
02-09-2005, 6:53 PM
Very, very nice Darth333! :D

Now if I can just get a stupid store to put the darn game out for sale!!!
 Starcat5
02-09-2005, 7:44 PM
My sentimant exactly, RedHawke. I guess I should count myself lucky that they said the game would be in on the 11th. ...assuming that they ment the 11th of THIS month, which isn't always a sure thing. Anyway, to keep my post at least a LITTLE on topic, I'd like to say that I also hope that KotOR models are compatable, not becouse of the posability of bringing old content into the new game, but becouse of the posability of bringing content from the new game, and bringing it back into the old one. A friend told me that they had moving cloaks in TSL, and if those files could be transfered over to KotOR 1...

...yah, every Modder here has probbably come up with the same idea, but I just thought I'd toss it out, anyway.
 RedHawke
02-09-2005, 8:12 PM
Originally posted by Starcat5
A friend told me that they had moving cloaks in TSL, and if those files could be transfered over to KotOR 1...

I really hate to burst your bubble there Starcat5, especially since you were agreeing with me above :D but, porting models from one game to the other and posting them for download is actually illegal... meaning you will never see a released mod that has the TSL robes for KOTOR 1... sorry!

Though, if it is possible, you could do it yourself on your own machine for personal use, but you couldn't release it in any form.

The only way this would see the light of day is if the model and textures were 100% custom made, to look similar to the robes in TSL, by a modder, this mod would be legal. But direct transsferring of material between the games is not.

Now lets return you to your regularly scheduled thread... back-on-topic! :D
 Emperor Devon
02-09-2005, 9:08 PM
Wow, TSL has been out for... a day? on PC, and there is already a high-quality mod... Gosh... I have one question, though. Are there cheats? Can you use cheats to get the great items like a dark jedi master robe, or a double - bladed lightsaber? *

Yes there are cheats but let's not get off-topic (this thread has already been hijacked about 3-4 times :D )Just check this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144049) ;) -Darth333-
 Darth Smaug
02-09-2005, 11:07 PM
good work darth 333!!! you have my thanks for making this awesome mod
 CodeDrifter
02-10-2005, 7:08 PM
I just got it today and I've wanted this power ever since I got the Xbox version.(My easy way to avoid getting spoiled.)
 beancounter
02-10-2005, 8:50 PM
Nice mod. Pretty impressive that you have already released a mod within one day of the game being released. Not to mention that it is a cool power. Something tells me there is going to be a LOT of mods for TSL.
 Darth333
02-10-2005, 9:02 PM
Originally posted by beancounter
Nice mod. Pretty impressive that you have already released a mod within one day of the game being released. Not to mention that it is a cool power. Something tells me there is going to be a LOT of mods for TSL.
Good to see you back Beancounter!

Concerning the mod, I cheated :rolleyes: I got the xbox version first and decided to make this power after playing it. I made the mod a few days before the release of the PC version and Dak Vesser even tested it for me as I don't have a modded xbox. When I got the pc version, I simply made the last modifications and tested it myself :D
 Pontifice
02-10-2005, 9:57 PM
Great.
 Keiko
02-12-2005, 11:31 AM
PURRRRRRRRRFECT!:D
 Darth333
02-13-2005, 3:02 PM
I just made a small modification to the mod: after playing with it for a while, I felt that the sabers got destroyed too quickly after battle so I added a delay. Also added a visual effect when the sabers are destroyed after battle (force breach effect)

Screenshot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/D333/K2_00006.jpg)

Download link is in the first post.
 Ranis Hull
02-14-2005, 3:21 PM
this will be a must have when i finish the game.

can't wait to see what else u can come up with for tsl.
 Renegade Angel
02-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 svцsh
02-28-2005, 7:44 PM
This is great Darth, don’t know how I missed it, but it will come in handy in tough spots.

svцsh
 Snake55
10-16-2006, 3:24 AM
i got it but it dont work when i try to use it in the game
 87up
12-21-2006, 2:20 PM
Is it possible that you could upload this mod again... the download link in the first post is dead...

Thank you... :D
 Arбtoeldar
12-21-2006, 2:41 PM
Is it possible that you could upload this mod again... the download link in the first post is dead...

Thank you... :D

You need to see this thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=168259)

for the latest version.
 87up
12-21-2006, 2:57 PM
okeyy... thanks for the tip.. :)
Page: 1 of 1