Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Landing craft

Page: 1 of 1
 Heavyarms
02-08-2005, 7:02 AM
I hope that for the imperials, they have ships that can be stored inside their capital ships (imperial landing craft, AT-AT barges) and that the rebels have to have their own seperate landing craft (medium transports like at Hoth) What do you guys think?
 Nokill
02-08-2005, 9:39 AM
woud be nice to have a fleet up in the air making troops and you can send them to the planet and you will see ships drop units on the ground and fly away again to get more units :D
 Jan Gaarni
02-08-2005, 10:35 AM
They seem in, if judging by the screenshots are any proof. :)

But wether you need to build them, is a whole nother issue. They may be "standard equipment" that follows the star destroyer or whatever other ship that can carry such large landing crafts as say AT-AT barges.
 DarthMaulUK
02-13-2005, 9:42 PM
The Trade Federation had such landing craft (which carried the droids) stored in their capital ships...who knows! It would be great to see dropships like the Republic had also

DMUK
 Jan Gaarni
02-13-2005, 9:44 PM
For the Imperials they have the AT-AT barges and the troop shuttles in for sure.

For the rebels I'm not sure what transports they are using.
 swphreak
02-14-2005, 8:12 PM
I love my Sentinel Imperial Landing crafts.

Form the screens, it looks like there is going to be some sort of landingv ehicle system.
 Rogue15
02-14-2005, 8:45 PM
hell ****ing yeah!!! sentinel class landing crafts kick ASS!!!!!!

this better have all those units that were in Force Commander. :) and the voices and stuff too. :) hopefully there'll be a way for infiltrating buildings and ****e like that.
 lonepadawan
02-15-2005, 2:51 PM
The infiltrators were cool. Stealing imperial equiptment always seemed far more like the rebel alliance to me, rather than having a load of tanks...
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-08-2005, 6:45 PM
this better have all those units that were in Force Commander.
Argh! No-o-h!;) Force Commander... horrific, unpolished game. Worst GUI ever... [Shivers] Thank you, you brought it all back!:eek:

And the voices and stuff too. hopefully there'll be a way for infiltrating buildings and ****e like that.
Nope. Infiltrators were just annoying in that game (all infantry was). Build powerful artillery, get rushed by 10 troops on speeder bikes, lose powerful artillery, lose half your base...

As long as they get the crafts right, I don't care. The RS dev team seems to believe that Landing Crafts are container lifters and not troop transports:D .
 lonepadawan
03-10-2005, 4:58 PM
Build powerful artillery, get rushed by 10 troops on speeder bikes, lose powerful artillery, lose half your base...

Oh deeeeearr... did you nice iccle artillery get taken out by hit and run tactics? :P
 Dagobahn Eagle
03-10-2005, 7:38 PM
I hope deployment will be like in Ground Control, where you start with one or more potential drop zones and then choose which drop ships go where. Drop ships leave, attack begins.

Oh deeeeearr... did you nice iccle artillery get taken out by hit and run tactics? :P
Wa-a-ah! Want mama! Wa-a-a-a-h!:p
Page: 1 of 1