Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sniper rifle in close combat

Page: 1 of 1
 Drax Kreiger
02-07-2005, 6:34 PM
I had this thought earlier, and it started bugging me. How many are planning on using the sniper rifle in close combat? And by close combat I mean farther away than knife range, but still close. I see a bunch of guys using the sniper rifle on BF in close combat a lot, and I was wondering if that was gonna happen with this game too. It would be interesting to face a clan that would unload with sniper rifles in close combat.
 Shok_Tinoktin
02-07-2005, 8:20 PM
I like to be a little more reckless than that, so I will be using a weapon with a faster firing rate.
 LordMalak
02-08-2005, 4:50 PM
I dunno. It would be good in CQC situations i think.
 warmonger180
03-19-2005, 12:47 AM
it's not really useful in CQBs, unless u ran outta ammo or ur other weapons and ur left with just the sidearm lol
 Boba Tea
03-24-2005, 3:34 PM
If I'm sniping and then someone starts attacking me, I'll turn around and give them a nice little headshot. If it misses, I've already switched to the DC-17 assault rifle.
 Nokill
03-24-2005, 6:04 PM
ill yust use knifes and shotguns and grenades in close combat if you don't mind :o
 Pad
03-25-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Nokill
ill yust use knifes and shotguns and grenades in close combat if you don't mind :o
Same here. Very effective at close range. ;)
 Nokill
03-26-2005, 8:21 AM
exapt for grenades mostly i have times i constandly walk in my own grenades :o
 Drax Kreiger
03-28-2005, 1:07 AM
especially the EM grenades, one of the easiest ways of accidently killing yourself that i have ever seen, short of shooting your foot with an AA.
 Nokill
03-28-2005, 5:21 AM
EM grenades >.<
i only trow them when im sure i won't get hit myself
exapt when some team guy finds it funny to walk in my way and reflecting it to me again :mad:
 Cheech Marin
03-28-2005, 7:59 AM
Any one else noticed that the sniper rifle appeared to be more powerful when using the scope instead of not using the scope? Weird...
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-28-2005, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by Cheech Marin
Any one else noticed that the sniper rifle appeared to be more powerful when using the scope instead of not using the scope? Weird...

It doesn't just appear to be more powerful, it is more powerful.
 Oidar
03-28-2005, 3:46 PM
I'm old school when it comes to sniper rifles in FPS games.

Usually a sniper rifle in close combat will deliver one brutal shot towards your opponent allowing you to finish him off with a secondary weapon like another blaster or your shiv.

Its just a matter of tactics and knowing how much damage its able to do. We know head shots kill so if you shoot someone in the head with a sniper rifle and they don't drop then you know their pretty close to being dead, bust out the secondary weapon and finish them off.
 Lieutenant_kettch
04-09-2005, 7:09 PM
usually when carrying a sniper rifle, my secondary weapon is my belov'd concussion rifle.

I don't see the point in switching weapon right when you see a close combat foe, in the time it takes to pull out the new one, you'll be hurting pretty badly, so, i just start hacking away with my sniper rifle, i mean sure, it has a slow ROF, and sure its a pain to aim, but i'd rather die fighting then die switching weapons.

and if you manage to hit them with the sniper rifle, and they don't die, you can be sure a hard wish willl kill them, so thats when you whip out your fun weapon, you don't even have to aim well, you will kill them, i mean, i just grab my conc and start shooting, usually just the outskirts of the AE will finish them off... not to mention, it's FUN!!!!
 TK-8252
04-09-2005, 7:46 PM
Heh, yeah. When you've got someone blasting away at your face a foot away, it's hard to get the right weapon out in time. I find myself trying to stab someone with the heavy repeater bayonet because the thing takes too long to reload. :p
 Rc-1207"Sev"
08-24-2006, 3:23 AM
I do but only in sp against sbd's (gets the weapon arm head or other body parts off fast)
 [ODST]StatusQ3
10-08-2006, 9:55 AM
Snipers are really good in close combat, if you can use them properly.

A good idea is to sidestep (double-jump) whilst shooting. If practiced, using this technique kills the enemy while they don't have a chance to shoot at you.
 Shadow's Clone
06-20-2007, 3:05 PM
you are right!
in the game turets die with 1 shot scoped and 2/3 shots non-scoped
Page: 1 of 1