Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest Available for download at PCGamemods.

Page: 1 of 2
 Darkkender
02-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Ok for all those who have been waiting here we go.

UPDATED LINKS BELOW : (also contains the patch)

Now at Kotor2Files (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Tomb_of_Jesset_DalKest;86519)

http://www.jumpstationz.com/Darkkender/Kest.rar)

Readme:

Mod Name: Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest
Author: Darkkender
Supporting Mods & Authors: Chainz.2da & his Segan Wyndth Sabers & Jedi Armor,
Mavrick187 & his White Double Saber,
Mono Giganto & his dl44 & e15 weapons.

Installation: This Mod includes a KMM if you use this system. Otherwise just add everything to overide folder. If you have the above mentioned Authors mods just go ahead and overide everything. The one exception to the overide everything policy is the 2da files I tried to make everything as compatible as possible with most everything except the Holowan plugin and AIOFPM as time constraints kept me from that.

What this mod includes: This mod expands on Chainz.2da's Segan Wyndth Jedi Armor adding 7 new armor types, it also expands on his Segan Wyndth Sabers adding 2 new sabers for that mod. Also included is my creature grenade mod and the Guardian of the force lightsabers. If you have my recruit Darkkender mod installed just overwrite all the files in there when prompted as all of the above by me are either compatible with or updates to some of the listed equipment.

This Mod features 2 new areas available on Korriban. If you team up with Lashowe to kill the Tukata Queen in the Valley of the Dark Lords a Rune covered pillar will appear behind her at the cliffs edge. Proceed to the activate the pillar and oh my your in the Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest.

2da mentions:

This mod includes 3 2da files baseitems, spells, and upcrystals. At the time of release upcrystals has been updated from the one Chainz released with his sabers to include Maverick187's white double saber, Darth Nemisis Nemisis saber, The Guardian of the force sabers, 2 new segan sabers White & Guardian, and sketh42's EKUN double saber.

Warning:

You should be at least level 16 prior to entering as everything is challenging.(Dry runs took me an estimated hour to complete with all lvl 20 heavily modded characters.)

Spoiler:

Take your time and explore the illusion of the ebonhawk before leaving. If you are using Redhawke's new construction bench the workbench aboard will be compatible with this mod.

Specail Thanks goes out to the following for various reasons told above and untold;

Chainz.2da
Darth333
T7nowhere
Cchargrin
Fred Tetra
Maverick187
Mono Giganto

Darkkender at Holowan Labs PM or look for me on the boards.

*email removed per the forum rules*[
 ChAiNz.2da
02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Well, I know what I'm doing the first thing I get home ;)

Looks great! and I'm definitely curious to see how you've 'bent' the Segan items to your whims & will :dev11: ... heheh
 wolfshadow
02-07-2005, 2:42 PM
Do you have an item list...? I don't see it in the readme. (Cheat Codes that is...)
 Darkkender
02-07-2005, 2:50 PM
The majority of the items have to be gained by playing through the mod because untill you enter the areas they are unavailable. :dev10: I am planning a seperate item release later but I like to make people earn what they get.:dev11:
 90SK
02-07-2005, 4:00 PM
All in all a very good job, darkkender! I look forward to playing this soon. Good work.:thmbup1:
 wolfshadow
02-07-2005, 4:39 PM
I'm stuck inside the tomb and I can't seem to get out.

EDIT: Never mind... got out.
:p

Good gawd~! What a fight. That was freakin' awsome guy. Great work~!!

:cheers: :rock:

EDIT: The Guardian of the Force crystal for the Segan Wyndh sabre crashes the gamewhenver it's installed. Tried it 3 times, FYI. (Don't really care tho, 'cause I gots enough goodies that it really doesn't matter.) *G*
 Mav
02-07-2005, 6:15 PM
Okay, now I really wish I wasn't 3 homework assignments behind in AP Calc and have an essay to write for AP Comp. ..... You tend to lose interest in doing good work after you get into college even if it is jsut a safety.

Anyway back to the topic - Great job Darkkender, I'll try to give it a go as soon as I can. Oh and thanks for the umm thanks in your readme.
 wolfshadow
02-07-2005, 6:39 PM
Calculus-schmalculus.... Go play the mod. It will be much more fun than letters pretending to be numbers anyway. :)

I'd love to see what Darkkender, Darth 333, RedHawke and CHaInZ could do all together....

But this one was hard enough.
 Emperor Devon
02-07-2005, 9:11 PM
Something is wrongs... When I align myself to the Dark Side, and kill the other 2 people, I can't leave the tomb. I can get the items, but I can't leave or speak to the person I spared. I've tried being neutral and light side, but I can never speak to the person who lives, or leave the tomb.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by wolfshadow
Calculus-schmalculus.... Go play the mod. It will be much more fun than letters pretending to be numbers anyway. :)

I'd love to see what Darkkender, Darth 333, RedHawke and CHaInZ could do all together....

But this one was hard enough.
Hmmm.. it would contain about 1,000 scripts (that work), have battles tough enough to make even the strongest PC weep like sissy, be compatible with just about everything out there and contain corny humor :nut:

@Darkkender
Great mod man! I just started it last night so I haven't gotten far enough for a decent feedback, but I wanted to give you a big Kudos for working so hard on this thing. Darn good turnaround time to I must say, especially for everything it consists of! Super Job!
 Darkkender
02-08-2005, 4:37 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
Something is wrongs... When I align myself to the Dark Side, and kill the other 2 people, I can't leave the tomb. I can get the items, but I can't leave or speak to the person I spared. I've tried being neutral and light side, but I can never speak to the person who lives, or leave the tomb.

Have you tried to unlock the door. I had problems trying to set up the event trigger to unlock the door so I made it unlockable. As of yet I have not made after the battle dialogues, I kept running into various roadblocks. So some of these features when resolved will be in a update release. But anyways try picking the lock if I recall the DC is 40 or so, I never had troubles with my Jedi Guardian with next to no security skill on my test runs.

To all those who have tried this has anybody had troubles with the trigger warping you to the Illusion of the Ebon Hawk after the Computer Terminal?:confused: Such as it giving a explosion effect and no warp?
 Darkkender
02-08-2005, 4:42 AM
Originally posted by wolfshadow

EDIT: The Guardian of the Force crystal for the Segan Wyndh sabre crashes the gamewhenver it's installed. Tried it 3 times, FYI. (Don't really care tho, 'cause I gots enough goodies that it really doesn't matter.) *G*

I'll take a look into this can you pm me with some details. Also if anybody else is having this problem can they let me know. Does the white segan work wolfshadow?
 wolfshadow
02-08-2005, 6:02 AM
Darkkender, you have a PM.
 Darth333
02-08-2005, 6:08 AM
Looks good :) I'll try it this weekend :)
 Darkkender
02-08-2005, 6:11 AM
If anybody else is experiencing the same problem as wolfshadow, I believe I know how to resolve it. I'm at work for a while today so I can't check till late tonight. If somebody wants to extract the item uti files from the area module files and throw them in overide that maybe why the game is crashing. If it is I will release A Patch tonight or tommorrow.
 Darkkender
02-08-2005, 2:47 PM
Ok for those of you who want to make use of the new Segan Wyndth Sabers or just want things to be able to work right there is now a patch available Here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/10200/) and even if you don't want it you should get it.
 Darkkender
11-28-2006, 6:05 PM
This thread bump is to advise everybody that the download links have been updated above.
 TLM20
02-16-2007, 5:03 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread but I crash to desktop when I'm loading after I click on the rune pillar. Any ideas?

Bah sorry ignore me I forgot to put one of the files in override :D

NPC's are more than a bit powerful aren't they? :)
 Darkkender
02-16-2007, 11:40 PM
NPC's are more than a bit powerful aren't they? :)

No they're weak, if your the appropriate level such as level 20. Or if your playing with Many other mods such as Redhawke's mods it's a cake walk. :D
 TLM20
02-17-2007, 8:04 AM
Hmm I was level 16 when I tried it, not using any other mods either. Oh well it was fun anyway lol, good mod
 snowboardbj
04-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Did i do something wrong? When I start a new game it immeditatly goes to the cave. And when ever I try and load one of my old saves, kotor just freezes up and I have to shut it down. It wouldn't be so bad but when I try and warp out I just end up going back to the start of the cave. Also there is absolutly nothing inside of the cave...What's going on?
 Darkkender
04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
What other mods do you have installed. Also the Tomb isn't a cave it is one of the existing Korriban tombs re-used. There also can be no possible way for the game to start in the module for this mod unless you have hacked the executable. I repeat no possible way.
 snowboardbj
04-09-2007, 4:24 AM
Yeah ok i fixed it now, the problem was with another one of my mods. thx
 L0rdReV@n88
04-09-2007, 11:41 AM
is there anyway possible you can make this mod with tslpatcher im feeling lazy and dont want to edit my .2das because it seems really interesting.if not i can eventually get to editing them later
 DreadWizardDM
04-22-2007, 9:00 PM
Ok I just played through this mod and it was AWESOME!... frigging finally a mod that is actually challenging to get through!

1. The mod itself was excellent, well written, well planned and well thought out.
2. The mod is harder than I expected which was a welcome relief, I say this because after playing with alot of mods your character and party can become quite powerful as opposed to playing without mods. This mod put the challenge back into the game and I loved it.
3. I had no problems running the mod from a technical standpoint. I did not encounter any glitches.
4. The mod has some interesting surprises!

Now for the cons...
NONE! The onlt thing I can say that would make this mod better would be to use TSL patcher and re-release it so theres no messing with 2da and other files.

Two thumbs up on this mod!! It truly is awesome!
 Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-10-2007, 3:22 PM
Could you reupload this somewhere else? I really would love to try this mod out.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-10-2007, 3:29 PM
Could you reupload this somewhere else? I really would love to try this mod out.
I have it, and the patch Revan_Pwn_Malak... I'll PM you a link to download it from my server.

I can also provide a public link if/when I can get permission from Darkkender :)
 Darth Vanisher
08-11-2007, 6:05 AM
Same as me...
I would really like to try this mod. New places sounds challenging.

EDIT: The mod seems conflicts with other mod.
Is it possible to create the TSLPatcher version for this mod?
Thanks.
 Darkkender
08-12-2007, 6:51 PM
You have a permanent permission on all of my files Chainz.2da.

@ everybody, I will shortly be employed and getting satelite high-speed and at that stage I will be able to re-upload many of my mods and consider making Patcher versions. If there is anybody with the inclination to modify all or any of my mods to the patcher version you have my permission to do so, just please retain there readme's and proper credit to me.
 ChAiNz.2da
08-13-2007, 9:58 AM
You have a permanent permission on all of my files Chainz.2da.
Thanks bro! I'll update the first post with the new link :D

Good to hear about the high-speed... hope we'll be seeing more of you around here :)
 Darth Vanisher
08-26-2007, 3:50 AM
Hmm? Just curious, but it seems my post was deleted a while ago. Repeated TSL Patcher questions removed.

Please note if you notice a post of yours gets deleted it is a good idea to not post the same thing again, this is spam and will not be looked kindly upon. Spamming threads asking for TSL Patcher versions of mods to be made does not help get things done. -RH

Ah, and yes, want to ask a question related to this mod too. Why the game crashes each time I replace the main lightsaber crystal with SW crystal cartridge (or the Crystal, White) on the normal lightsaber such as Short or Double Bladed Lightsaber? Are the SW Crystal Cartridges only compatible with Segan Wyndh sabers?

Thanks for the both answers. :)

EDIT: Nevermind for the TSL Patcher question, just re-read Darkkender's post above. :p
But the problem of the crystal is still occured.
 Wedge Suron
08-26-2007, 10:57 AM
The problem most likely is that it is a set crystal and you can't remove it
 RedHawke
08-27-2007, 1:39 AM
Why the game crashes each time I replace the main lightsaber crystal with SW crystal cartridge (or the Crystal, White) on the normal lightsaber such as Short or Double Bladed Lightsaber? Are the SW Crystal Cartridges only compatible with Segan Wyndh sabers?
The crystal is not compatible with short or double sabers, only use it in the normal lightsaber hilts. You will get crashes or "null nade's" if you attempt to do so. This same general rule applies to many lightsaber mods.
 Darth Vanisher
08-27-2007, 8:46 AM
Ah, I see then. Sorry for the patcher before--didn't know about it--and thanks for the answer now. :)
The crystal is not compatible with short or double sabers, only use it in the normal lightsaber hilts. You will get crashes or "null nade's" if you attempt to do so. This same general rule applies to many lightsaber mods.Hmm... I've just tried to put the white crystal on normal red lightsaber, and it causes the same error. But when I replace a Segan Wyndh saber crystal with a red crystal, it works...

Ah yes, and another bug (maybe?). The mod works fine on my save file, the "Rune Covered Pillar" appears after I talked to Lashowe. But on my another save file, it won't appear even I have killed them. I've tried changing map, but it's still won't appear.
 RedHawke
08-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Hmm... I've just tried to put the white crystal on normal red lightsaber, and it causes the same error. But when I replace a Segan Wyndh saber crystal with a red crystal, it works...
What type of saber did the 'white' crystal come out of?

If it was a normal saber then I would say something is incorrect in that crystals upcrystals.2da entry.
 Darth Vanisher
08-29-2007, 6:26 AM
What type of saber did the 'white' crystal come out of?Hmm... When I placed the white crystal to a red lightsaber, it became a null grenade, then after I click "Assemble", the game crashes.

I see, so there is something incorrect on the upcrystals.2da entry. How to repair it? Reinstall?
 Darkkender
08-29-2007, 12:25 PM
I'll double check but if I recall based on the first post the white saber crystal is for double sabers.
 Darth Vanisher
08-31-2007, 9:18 AM
Wow, thanks for the information. Didn't realize it before. I'll try it.

And for the save game problem, any idea?
 Darkkender
09-01-2007, 3:16 AM
The reason for the save game error is because you missed the part in the readme where you have to visit the area on Korriban for the first time because there is a script trigger that only launches the first time you enter the module. If your trying to go there after visiting the area then the script never fires and it doesn't work.
 Darth Vanisher
09-02-2007, 2:02 AM
Hmm... weird... because on the save game that the mod works, I have arrived on Korriban before the mod was installed, even though at the time I'm still at the cantina (haven't entered the academy). And on the save game that the mod doesn't work, I was on Manaan when the mod is installed. After I go to Korriban, the mod is not working.
 Darkkender
09-02-2007, 4:39 PM
Strange, are there any other mods installed with that save game?
 Darth Visillius
12-19-2007, 4:06 PM
Hey Darkkender, I'm relatively new to the whole modding thing, but I just want to thank you for the Kests tomb. I've been playing KoToR for a long time, but it's always been for the XBOX so I never knew about the devastating and malleable aspects of MODS. Yours and the Exar Kun Tomb are the first two I've experienced, and I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding mods, so I was wondering if you might give me a list of gameplay editing mods (like the kest tomb and Exar Kun's tomg) with which I may look for and try to find.

Thanks for the hard work.
 Shotgunner
12-20-2007, 12:00 AM
good god - now that I've gotten my old video card to work so I could play TSL, I find this topic, with a new area for K1! Bloody hell guys - I love new areas and now I got to put my Bloodrayne PC run on hold to check out this new area! LOL

All kidding aside - new areas rock - I'll be downloading this while my family is on vacation(I'm home with a broken leg :( ) so I'll be more than occupied. I think wolfshadow's comment kind of cemented my desire to try this mod due to him saying "good gawd! what a fight!"
 Darkkender
02-11-2008, 7:53 AM
For everybody wanting this I've now updated it to use the TSLpatcher and i've added a link to it in the first post.

But here it is anyways. Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest v2.0 (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Tomb_of_Jesset_DalKest;86519)
 Darth Xander
02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Great mod!
 Darth Payne
02-11-2008, 6:38 PM
Umm, quick question.

Do i need to start a new game to use this?
 Darkkender
02-11-2008, 6:45 PM
It would be best as there are new spells and baseitems that may not work properly unless it is a fresh game. Be certain to buff up before starting this area. It is no joke when I say it has taken me more than an hour to complete this quest fully buffed at level 20 without a hardcore mod installed. This mod is designed for the hardcore player.
 Darth Payne
02-11-2008, 6:51 PM
Ok, thanks.

Luckilly i have the HK Donatore Bot so buffing up is not a problem, espescially with the aid of the KSE.

Edit: I am very sorry for posting like this but i ran into a very big problem.

Lashowe seems to be immortal.

No matter what i do she doesn't lose any health.
 Darkkender
02-12-2008, 1:04 AM
Lashowe is immortal? I didn't change anything directly for the process with her other than the script that gets fired. But that script doesn't effect any of her abilities. What other mods are you using?
 Darth_Eradycus
02-12-2008, 6:25 AM
I'm having a problem when I join up with Lashowe. The rune pillar doesn't spawn and when I try to warp to the tomb, it crashes my game. The Lashowe/Tuakata fight movie exec.'d when I rounded the corner at the shyrack cave. I've tried restarting an earlier save, but it still won't work. Do I have to save Korriban until last or be at level 16 for it to fire correctly?
Edit: I tried it at level 20 and it still didn't work.

Edit2: Nevermind. I got it to work. I'm just too stupid to read the directions and run tsl patcher for the core files....but I have the same problem as Danyael, Lashowe is invincable. I was still able to use the pillar and go thru the mod... it's the most ballin' #$%@ eva!! Very nice! I remember the sabers and armor from the tsl holowan plug-in. Boo-yah!!!!
Page: 1 of 2