Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

new map downloads...

Page: 1 of 1
 mdirt
02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
i still cant figure out how to put new maps inside of my folder can someone help me. i think i do it rong all the time.i put it in and i dont c it when im looking for that map on the game.can some one please tell me step by step? please?
 Bulldog 27
02-06-2005, 1:07 PM
If you download a .zip or .rar file there should be a folder, usually with a name of only 4 characters e.g. nab5, dra3, but regardless it should contain a folder 'Data' as well as 'addme.script'. Simply copy this folder (nab5 etc., not Data) into GameData/Addon and it should work fine. Eddie's maps make this a lot simpler by automatically installing the map into the correct folder so you should be able to play those with no trouble.

One more thing- do you have the 1.2 patch because i think if you don't you won't be able to use maps where the folder name is more than 4 characters
 PhireStorm
02-06-2005, 5:48 PM
like you get a file say " Mod3.rar" or "Mod3.zip", if its a RAR file, download winRAR, just search for it under www.download.com). then right click it and unzip/rar. like "unrar here", you'll see another folder, copy or move that in to C:\program files\lucasarts\battlefront\data\add on, but make sure the folder is like "mod3", and then directly in that there is a data folder and and addme.script, not like "My Third Mod > mod3 >addme.script, data", and like bulldog said make sure you have the latest patch, where you can get at www.lucasfiles.com) (download it, unzip and double click the installer. it will do the rest.
Page: 1 of 1