Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Hilt Model - Released

Page: 1 of 1
 Mav
02-05-2005, 4:10 PM
First of all this is my first model job ever, so sorry if it doesn't meet up with the high quality standards of the likes of svцsh, T7, and all of the other modelers out there, but I'll learn more and be back making more models, and hopefully they'll be better. ;)

Download Here
(http://www.pcgamemods.com/10122/)
From Readme:

______________________________MAVERICK'S_CURVED_HI LT _______________________________________

This is my first model EVER!! so well I'm sorry that it isn't of that certain professional quality. It has my unique, green core blue glow color blade, and the stats are basically the normal lightsaber stats with a few upgrades.

**NOTE** For optimum viewing line up the borders of this notepad file so that the width is the same as the lines made of underscores.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
*^*^*^*^ FEATURES ^*^*^*^*

*Completely new model

*My unique green core blue glow, blade color

*Two seperate packages- Basic and Upgradeable
Basic - Non-upgradeable, weaker, but still the completely new model
Upgradeable - ummm, upgradeable, stronger in the long run.

*In-game placement- No need to cheat, that is unless you don't have enough credits hehe

*Instructions- to use the Upgradeable package, this means you can learn and/or create the ability to upgrade the saber.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
*^*^*^*^ INSTALLATION ^*^*^*^*

1. Decide whether you would like to use the Basic Package or the Upgradeable package.

2. Open the respective folder containing the files for the Override and extract them into the Override folder in the Main KotOR folder.

3. *NOTE* If you choose the upgradeable package please read the "INSTRUCTIONS" section.

*^*^*^*^ UNINSTALLATION ^*^*^*^*

1. Remove all files from your Override folder.

*^*^*^*^ INSTRUCTIONS ^*^*^*^*

1. For Upgradeable package-
-Download Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool, you'll find it invaluable
-Open KotOR Tool and click the 2da icon and load your upcrystals.2da file from you Override folder.
-If this is the first upcrystals.2da file you use you will have to extract it from KotOR Tool, to do that do this:
Click BIFs->2da.bif->2D Array->upcrystals.2da->Extract file button, save it to your Override folder.
-Once you open the upcrystals.2da file fill out the columns exactly as it is shown below (note:you may want to make your notepad view wider so that the 2 rows line up properly):

(Row Label)------| label | template |shortmdlvar| longmdlvar |doublemdlvar|

Enter the next # | MavCurvSbr |mavrilium_bent | **** | mvrcksbr_crvd02 | **** |

-Save by clicking File--> Save as 2DA v2.b --> and save into your Override folder
**IMPORTANT** Be sure that after you enter your new row data to click on a previous row before saving or the save will not register the new row.

*^*^*^*^ IN-GAME PLACEMENT ^*^*^*^*

1. Go to Dantooine, if you install this mod after **SPOILER** Malak destroys Dantooine then you will have to use the cheat, "giveitem mvrcksbr_crvdXX" (XX = 01 for basic 02 for upgradeable.

2. Find the merchant Adum Larp, and he will sell you the saber for a hefty price.
*Hint* Lightsabers are something that a _____ would find useful

*^*^*^*^ ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ^*^*^*^*

1. T7nowhere - For answering all of my questions, and putting up with me while I was learning how to model, and also the entire uvmap and unwrap was done by T7, so without him this mod would be well non-existant.

2. svцsh - For making those awesome modeling and skinning tutorials, and for helping me learn how to use Photoshop in the beginning.

3. RedHawke - Thanks for making your source scripts avaliable with your mods. :)

4. Holowan Labs - It's where I learned how to mod, nuff said. Oh and if you're having problems with the mod this is the place you are likely to find me, oh and send me a pm so you don't spam the boards.

Screenshot: http://img219.exs.cx/img219/8458/mavsbrcrvd8ax.jpg)
 Bobo
02-05-2005, 4:11 PM
very nice model. but the coloring is a bit, weird lol

its like the Dark Circus of grass and water.

anywho, still very nice model.

Click! first download!

:)
:c3po:
 Achilles
02-05-2005, 4:29 PM
Congrats on your first model!
 ChAiNz.2da
02-05-2005, 4:51 PM
I've got my copy :D

Great Job! Especially getting the curve in there (what a pain huh?) hehe :thumbsup:
 Mav
02-05-2005, 4:52 PM
@ Bobo

lol, yea I guess the coloring is a little weird, I just decided to make the hilt hold some of the same properties of the blade, with the whole greedn core blue glow feel....LOL it does look a little funny in the screen though.

@ Achilles

Thanks! I'm working on more getting ready for TSL, I'm really working on learning how to uvmap though, cause T7 had to do this one for me.

@ ChAiNz

the curve was a pain in the arse.... extrude rotate, extrude rotate, rinse and repeat...lol, Oh well I'm working on some more different...concepts right now.
 T7nowhere
02-06-2005, 1:42 AM
Nice work Mav. It only gets easyer after the first :)

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
I've got my copy :D

Great Job! Especially getting the curve in there (what a pain huh?) hehe :thumbsup:

The curve adds extra pain when mapping it, as I'm sure you know.

Straight tube hilts are by far the easyest to map, well and model ;) to give you an idea of what I mean take the Darth maul hilt I made, that took 45 minutes to model map and texture. But Blood of Malevolence took me about 6 hours to model another 3 to map then 1 1/2 hours to texture.

Curved lightsabers may look cool, But there a B**** to map.
 Darth Smaug
02-06-2005, 2:33 AM
cool model...but the colors are not to breight :D but besides that it's good ...good luck with other mods!! : saberg :
 Darth Smaug
02-06-2005, 2:35 AM
:saberg: :D
 Darkkender
02-06-2005, 7:40 AM
Very Nice Mav. Now to make this compatible with the jedi merchant mod.:D Then the world shall be mine.
 svцsh
02-06-2005, 8:55 AM
Congrats Mav I know you could do it ;)

Thanks for the mention in your readme, I’m happy my tuts are helpful for people.

I can attest to curved hilts taking a while to skin, I spent about half a day unwrapping re-unwrapping and then skinning my dooku hilt to be as good as I could make it.

Keep it up mav !!!

svцsh
 Darth Stryke
02-06-2005, 9:58 AM
Well, it certainly is different. The blade looks cool, colors on the hilt are a little strange, but still looks cool. Only problem is it conflicts with my custom saber I have been working on so I can't use it at the same time. :( (Was working on a few sabers, they go 55-59 in the number scheme) Oh well, they are mainly for TSL anyways so I guess I don't have to bother with a KOTOR version since TSL will be out in a few days. Great job on the saber-not sure about the skin, but hey, it is unique and that is what makes it so cool.;)
 Mav
02-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks for all th ecomments guy's, I'm probably going to stick with straight sabers for now, until I really get the hang of UVmapping, skining etc.
Page: 1 of 1