Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What I Want In EaW

Page: 1 of 1
 Screed
02-05-2005, 2:47 PM
I am a looooong time fan of StarWars: Rebellion/Supremacy. The game was just plain fun, but there was so much more it could have been.

Being able to build massive fleets with a huge variety of ships than send them to battle was THE most fun aspect in Rebellion.

Ships like the Imperial II Stardestroyer, Super Stardestroyer, Rebel Dauntless Cruisers and Bulwark Battlecruisers.

Than to put your favorite Admiral/General in charge to give the fleet or troops a Offense/Defense bonus.

Build up your economy so you can build MORE!

Than gather intelligence using espionage and other tools.

Rebellion/Supremacy's greatest flaw IMO was its HUGE learning curve. That is why it never got to be as big as it could have been.

The need for an in depth game along with it being pretty straightforward will make or brake a "could have been".

Heres what im hoping to see with this game;

The same, if not more, types of ships to build. Same goes for Starfighters and Troops.

We already have seen that space and ground battles are in the game, hopefully the developers will get it right.

Characters, some people think of them as "heroes", I think of them as people to put in command of your fleets/troops in order to give them bonuses. I dont want "heroes" as per say, like in Battlegrounds, more like heroes in Rome: Total War, only added upon. These "heroes" as per say will have an effect on the battle in multiple ways;
1.) He/She will give offensive/Defensive bonuses to your troops due to their leadership.

2.) Depending on their leadership abilities, they can be trusted to take complete control of a battle if you so choose to waver your direct control (There was an option in Rebellion to "watch" the battle instead of directing the forces yourself). What I would like to see added onto this is the individuals ability to take control of the battles. Example: If I want to put Grand Admiral Thrawn in control of a Space Battle, he would be completely capable of handling it w/o problems.

3.) Some characters in Rebellion were strictly "covert operation" characters. To add onto this I would like to see characters like this in EaW. Example: I send Noval Garaint down with a team of Commando's to take out a shield generator.
Again, the characters leadership ability will give different bonuses to the troops under their command.

Orbital Defense platforms, space research stations and shipyards can all be implemented into space battle scenes. In order to conduct a planetary assault, one would have to neutralize the Defense Platforms. After the platforms have been taken care of the planet can possibly be at the fleets mercy, enabling planetary assaults (If you wanna take the planet undamaged) or if there isnt a planetary shield generator in place or planetary weapons (think of the KDY-150 Ion Cannon seen in ESB on Hoth) can do an orbital bombardement destroying your enemies bases and troops while taking a risk at destroying civilian targets. Each planet can have a "popular support" meter like in Rebellion. If the planet you just concquered hates you than more troops will be needed to succesfully garrison it.

Im getting pretty in depth only b/c I have such high hopes for this game.

Hopefully one of the developers has played Rebellion/Supremacy and will carry over some of the games spectacular depth to Empire at War.

For those of you who still love to play Rebellion/Supremacy and want to add a little spice to the old game check out the modders over at www.swrebellion.com)
 jokemaster
02-05-2005, 7:37 PM
I already posted in another wishlist thread so I'm just gonna dissect your post.
Originally posted by Screed

Rebellion/Supremacy's greatest flaw IMO was its HUGE learning curve. That is why it never got to be as big as it could have been.
Completely agree. Rebellion could've been huge but it needed a better tutorial.
[B]

Heres what im hoping to see with this game;

The same, if not more, types of ships to build. Same goes for Starfighters and Troops.

will most probably happen
[B]
We already have seen that space and ground battles are in the game, hopefully the developers will get it right.

These guys made C&C, which along with Warcraft and AOE is one of the most respected serieses in the genre. I'm not counting starcraft because up till now it's 1 game and one spin-off
[B]
Characters, some people think of them as "heroes", I think of them as people to put in command of your fleets/troops in order to give them bonuses. I dont want "heroes" as per say, like in Battlegrounds, more like heroes in Rome: Total War, only added upon. These "heroes" as per say will have an effect on the battle in multiple ways;
1.) He/She will give offensive/Defensive bonuses to your troops due to their leadership.

2.) Depending on their leadership abilities, they can be trusted to take complete control of a battle if you so choose to waver your direct control (There was an option in Rebellion to "watch" the battle instead of directing the forces yourself). What I would like to see added onto this is the individuals ability to take control of the battles. Example: If I want to put Grand Admiral Thrawn in control of a Space Battle, he would be completely capable of handling it w/o problems.

3.) Some characters in Rebellion were strictly "covert operation" characters. To add onto this I would like to see characters like this in EaW. Example: I send Noval Garaint down with a team of Commando's to take out a shield generator.
Again, the characters leadership ability will give different bonuses to the troops under their command.

the only problem I see here is in 2, which could be ruined by bad AI. Nothing would be worse than losing a fight because of bad AI.
[B]

Orbital Defense platforms, space research stations and shipyards can all be implemented into space battle scenes. In order to conduct a planetary assault, one would have to neutralize the Defense Platforms. After the platforms have been taken care of the planet can possibly be at the fleets mercy, enabling planetary assaults (If you wanna take the planet undamaged) or if there isnt a planetary shield generator in place or planetary weapons (think of the KDY-150 Ion Cannon seen in ESB on Hoth) can do an orbital bombardement destroying your enemies bases and troops while taking a risk at destroying civilian targets. Each planet can have a "popular support" meter like in Rebellion. If the planet you just concquered hates you than more troops will be needed to succesfully garrison it.

Actually to commence a ground assault you just need to get your transports on the ground. the defense platforms will make things tougher but you could potentially have both battles running simultaneously.
[B]

Im getting pretty in depth only b/c I have such high hopes for this game.

Hopefully one of the developers has played Rebellion/Supremacy and will carry over some of the games spectacular depth to Empire at War.

For those of you who still love to play Rebellion/Supremacy and want to add a little spice to the old game check out the modders over at www.swrebellion.com)
Heh, I actually lost the CD 8 months ago when we moved...
Page: 1 of 1