Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First Mod - Mandalorian Helmet Finished!

Page: 1 of 1
 MudRat_02
02-01-2005, 2:18 AM
I have just finished my first two mods - Boba Fett's Helm with custom stats, icon and will not overwrite other models - and the Yuuzhan Vong Amphistaff, too with custom stats and icon .ect. But before i release this to the public, Are you able to take items out of other games to make a KOTOR mod? I ask cos im currently making a Millenium Falcon/Ebon Hawk replacement mod using the low poly falcon from SW JK: Jedi Academy. I will discontinue if it is illegal in any way...BTW, i have been doing 3ds Max for a few years now, so i am able to make any of my own mod stuff, but if anyone wants to help me make a NEW JEDI ORDER complete conversion mod (items, YVH Npc's - the lot) Plz speak up! Its gonna take a while by myself...
 T7nowhere
02-01-2005, 2:42 AM
Originally posted by MudRat_02
Are you able to take items out of other games to make a KOTOR mod? I ask cos im currently making a Millenium Falcon/Ebon Hawk replacement mod using the low poly falcon from SW JK: Jedi Academy. I will discontinue if it is illegal in any way...BTW, i have been doing 3ds Max for a few years now, so i am able to make any of my own mod stuff, but if anyone wants to help me make a NEW JEDI ORDER complete conversion mod (items, YVH Npc's - the lot) Plz speak up! Its gonna take a while by myself...

Taking resources directly from other games and porting it over to KotOR is against Forum rules, illegal and is not going to be tolerated on these forums.

Although you could model it yourself in no time flat I'm sure since you say you have been using 3ds for a few years. There is one problem though, the ebon hawk is not a placable it is part of the area model and MDLops still unfortunately cannot compile area models.

btw welcome to the Forum and Congrats on your first KotOR mods. Can you do me a favor though. When you actually post them, please edit your post with the details on how people can get them :)

Thanks
 MudRat_02
02-01-2005, 2:49 AM
Yea, i thought that might be the case. I can make my own models fast, but I struggle abit to keep the poly's down - plus, games models come with ready-to-go textures. Thats the only part i'm not proficient in, and i take it you are unable to use textures from games too?
 T7nowhere
02-01-2005, 2:53 AM
Originally posted by MudRat_02
and i take it you are unable to use textures from games too?

That is correct.

I can make my own models fast, but I struggle abit to keep the poly's down

Don't we all. :)
Page: 1 of 1