Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What EU units (or units from other sw games) would be cool in this?

Page: 2 of 2
 DK_Viceroy
03-24-2005, 3:22 AM
Wrong in refernce to all the Dark Troopers being destroyed by Kyle Katarn if you actually know your stuff you'll know that he only destroyed the Phase 3 Prototype and this is from a book and if it's otherwise in a game the book takes precedence since the game will have to take extreme liberties for it to be enjoyable.
 Cheech Marin
03-24-2005, 1:19 PM
The following was taken from the starwars.com database entry on Dark Troopers:

Katarn infiltrated the Arc Hammer and sabotaged the titanic vessel. The Emperor was so infuriated by the loss of the Arc Hammer, and the incredible investment in the dark trooper project, that all research into stormtrooper battle droids ended with Mohc's death.

So, even if there were Mk I's and Mk II's still around, they would be very rare, and you should not be able to build them.
 lukeiamyourdad
03-24-2005, 3:23 PM
Meh, this is a game. If the Dark Troopers are in, I wouldn't complain.

There are things that must be sacrificed. Or else, the Empire is destined to lose, no matter what you do.
How fun is it when you've conquered half the galaxy and you've won Endor, kept the Executor intact and converted Skywalker just to see a "Game Over, the Rebels have won, ha ha".

There's nothing stopping you from killing Kyle Katarn and saving the Dark Troopers in the game.
 DK_Viceroy
03-25-2005, 11:16 PM
it says nothing there about the MK's 1 and 2 being destroyed or the empire not having the ability to build more it merely says the ARC Hammer was destroyed and the emporer wasn't happy about the majority of them being destroyed as well as the project's cheif instigator.
 Falmarin
03-25-2005, 11:45 PM
I only ask for one thing: stormtrooper transports
 Nokill
03-26-2005, 8:31 AM
Originally posted by Falmarin
I only ask for one thing: stormtrooper transports

congrats there are transports in the game :D
 Cheech Marin
03-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by DK_Viceroy
it says nothing there about the MK's 1 and 2 being destroyed or the empire not having the ability to build more it merely says the ARC Hammer was destroyed and the emporer wasn't happy about the majority of them being destroyed as well as the project's cheif instigator.

Yes, he was so unhappy that he deemed that all research on droid soldiers should be put to a stop because it was a waste of time and resources. I suggest you read the last sentence on the dark troopers entry in the databank.
 Dragonball Fan
03-27-2005, 9:48 AM
Yes, unfortunately the production was halted. They were the coolest droids ever made!
Page: 2 of 2