Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why this game is NOT going to suck

Page: 1 of 1
 Fishflesh
01-25-2005, 10:24 AM
the post just pissed me off a bid. becose it's only in alpha status and how can he say that its gonne suck? yust becose it does not have the PT? im glad it does not.

now if made a thread where you can post why you think this game is not gonne suck.

here is my list:

- it is starwars!
- it has potential
- the screenshots look great
- it has space and ground
- it has 2 unlike sides
- it has the OT
- The empire reuls
- The pepole from westwood! (have thay ever made a bad game?)
- It is alpha status
- We have probbly all seen episode 3 by then.
- It is no force commander
- it is lucasarts
- there will be noobs in the game
- you can play it online
- you can build the dead star
- it has 20 planets
- im in the game
 El Sitherino
01-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Speeder Bikes, blasters, and complete and utter chaos on my screen. :D
 lonepadawan
01-25-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure which of the threads is worse... Windu's or this one.....

Posting a response thread is the worst thing you could do. It means he's succeeded in annoying you and has made you descend to a level of equal immaturity. Don't rise to him!
 El Sitherino
01-25-2005, 2:02 PM
If you don't like it, why do you post?

Are we not allowed to express why we're looking forward to this game?
 SirPantsAlot
01-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by lonepadawan

Posting a response thread is the worst thing you could do. It means he's succeeded in annoying you and has made you descend to a level of equal immaturity. Don't rise to him! I think it's quite obvious that Windu has succeeded, look how polular his thread is.
 Nokill
01-26-2005, 12:59 AM
i think this is more aboud us trying to make him think the game dos not suck becouse we are all posting coments of how good the game will be

*he has to crack some day* :D
 SirPantsAlot
01-26-2005, 1:19 AM
Originally posted by Nokill
i think this is more aboud us trying to make him think the game dos not suck becouse we are all posting coments of how good the game will be

*he has to crack some day* :D What windu does is called trolling, which means making a post that would irritate people just to get angry responces.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm)
 lonepadawan
01-26-2005, 6:55 AM
Exactly. This thread means he has acheived his aims of annoying you. Don't feed the troll!
 Darth Windu
01-26-2005, 6:26 PM
Actually my intent was never to annoy anyone, although I seem to be quite good at it, but instead to voice my opinion on the direction this game seems to be going.

If people think the game will be great, good for them, I hope they're right and they like it as much as they think they will.
 SirPantsAlot
01-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Now that I think of it, he's not a troll. A real troll would put a :) smily after every post.
 Prime
01-27-2005, 7:09 AM
Having the opinion that the game will be bad is just as valid as saying it will be good. However, it I think it is to early to really have a strong opinion either way.
 lonepadawan
01-27-2005, 7:19 AM
Prehaps. But the way he expresses it is bad, and his arguments, awful and petty.

If he'd posted "I have some severe doubts about this game" rather that "why this game will suck" (Confusing his opinion with the truth) I'd have had more respect.

If his reasons were slightly better than "They didn't use my template and theres no PT" I'd have more respect.

If he'd posted after we had slightly more that a few screenshots and previews. I'd have more respect.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-27-2005, 6:09 PM
Stop copy-pasting what I said :xp:

j/k

Close this thread. I sense another flame war right here.
 Jan Gaarni
01-27-2005, 9:35 PM
:wstupid:

:lock:
Page: 1 of 1