Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightwave question

Page: 1 of 1
 kampher
01-24-2005, 3:55 PM
Can I impot the model files using mdlops into lightwave? everything I see says only 3dsmax and Gmax can read the files. Is this true? If I can inport the files into lightwave, would anyone know how?
 sketch42
01-24-2005, 4:17 PM
the thing is that i think the program has to be abl to read the mdl file in ascii format which is the reason for the nwnmax plugin and as for lightwave i have no clue if if that supports ascii or not but im just taking a wild guess here to begin with anyway...
someone correct me if im wrong
 Darkkender
01-24-2005, 5:22 PM
Originally posted by sketch42
the thing is that i think the program has to be abl to read the mdl file in ascii format which is the reason for the nwnmax plugin and as for lightwave i have no clue if if that supports ascii or not but im just taking a wild guess here to begin with anyway...
someone correct me if im wrong

Your pretty close to right there sketch42. But the main reason for nwnmax is not for gmax to read the model file so much as for it to read the aurora toolset model features and so it can be saved back with the proper features. As for lightwave to my knowledge there is not plugin's available for it to import/export properly for the aurora models. Now if you wanted to use lightwave and then export the lightwave model to gmax and then have it export back to the ascii-mdl.mdl file then that would work. Although that seems a waste of time to me it is a method available.
Page: 1 of 1