Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR 2 conundrum

Page: 1 of 1
 bomber009
01-13-2005, 5:13 PM
I'm not really sure if this will ruin anything for anyone or not but I don't think so because I consider it to be a glitch because I can't find a way out of the place but here it goes.

Ok here's my problem I just made my glorius return to Iziz and killed everything on the planet I was able--because it's more fun that way. I get back to the ship and decide to talk to some of the other toons. I try and talk to Kreia she'll have none of it and tells me to go to Dantooine, so I go and spare with Handmaiden which is my last teir. I win and we talk for a few minutes then I get to become a Dark Jedi Guardian and it flashes to Kreia she says "betrayal" and then it loads to the Telos Ice Academy where Atris' chamber is cold to the touch and I can't open it, the elevator is locked, and it will not let me get back into my ship. All in all I think I did a very good job of making Kreia mad and the game just doesn't like me. I've ran around the place a good fifteen times looking for consoles, levers, buttons, anything I could steal and I've emptied all the containers. I'm stuck in this stupid Academy and I'm not happy about it. Has anyone encountered this and if so have you found a way out?

Welcome to the forums. I added spoiler tags to your post. Pease read the ]forum rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=575[/url) concerning the use of spoiler tags. - Darth333 -
 FiEND_138
01-13-2005, 5:22 PM
I've heard of this error, just haven't encountered it myself. Have you tried loading a savegame before the error?

I'm pretty sure theres a thread around here some place talking about this problem, but I couldn't find it. Maybe run a search & see what you come up with.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help....
 bomber009
01-13-2005, 5:32 PM
Oh I saved it to the point where I'm stuck in that ice academy but I didn't save over my main slot so I was able to go back and try it again and turned her back to the darkside did the same thing so I just reloaded my main save and finished the game. Just was wondering if it was a bug or if I was just missing something but I figured it was a bug because I took my time about round 11-17 to look for anything I could open and didn't find anything.

I have to say this is a rather large bug to leave in a console game...bad bad Obsidian Entertainment oh well hopefully it's not in the PC version because I will check and I'm sure it will be because two months gives them enough time to port it and produce it. No time to fix bugs or make it look prettier which is a shame because it should atleast look as good as Doom 3 maybe even Half-Life 2.

spoiler tags addded - Darth333-
 FiEND_138
01-13-2005, 5:44 PM
Yeah, but should it arrise in the PC version atleast they can patch it.

:D
 bomber009
01-13-2005, 5:54 PM
They've also starting patching via Xbox live atleast they did with Halo 2 so it's been done it works so Xbox weenies can't complain about that now. Now all they have is inferior graphics.

I also had KOTOR 2 go to a black screen as I went into the Czerka office on Telos station.
 Dak Vesser
01-13-2005, 7:28 PM
Yeah It's a Global Number issue. The fact that you finished the last Onderon plot before the last sparring match with the Handmaiden more likely fooled the game into thinking that the Dantooine Global was finished and thus tried to load the Ice Academy Plot through the Kreia dialog without the Globals being set to the right numbers. Seems to me that it's a Global Cascade Error "LOL"

I tell ya! If this game can't even calculate its own Global Variations, then Obsidian should've been granted more time to test these bugs out more.

But I guess Lucasarts had to have their Game of the Year awards again! ----->Christmas rush!!!!!
 bomber009
01-13-2005, 9:06 PM
If they wanted their game of the year award they should have waited until mid 2005 and allowed all the bugs to be worked out because there is no way they'll top Halo 2.
 Darth333
01-14-2005, 5:34 AM
Originally posted by Dak Vesser
Seems to me that it's a Global Cascade Error "LOL"

Yup, global variable mess :rolleyes:... And it's not the only place. I made a list of those I found in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141517) and gave some tips to avoid them. I think there is a problem with scripts checking those numbers too, not only setting them.
 Dak Vesser
01-14-2005, 7:13 AM
Oh don't get me wrong. I love kotor1 and I actually do like kotor II, but: I just wish it had the potency and movement in the ending like k1 had. Infact it should of had more! There was hardly any romance ya'know? and the whole sequence of the story line just looked "un-resolved, yet forced together" As a result of dead lines of course.

I remember playing the light side in k1 defeating Malak and watching the "Grand cut-scene" of the republic ships destroying this "thing" called the Starforge, and just remembering how the ships would line up and as the music would play on, and I'm all like "WOW", It was worth reaching this far in the game ,ya'know?
And it even had an alternate ending (dark side) which was equally as potent.

Kotor 1 had some real "potency" in the story line, the RPG was tight with almost zero glitches and even they were no big deal. <--most of those glitches worked in our favor anyway! It was well scripted.

My opinion: The story line, and scripting of Kotor II TSL just did not live up to the aftermath of Kotor1. It didn't have the movement that it promised, not to mention the lagging in the frame rate. All it had was better fighting animation, forcepowers, and Items.

There, I said it!
 Kavar
01-14-2005, 12:43 PM
This happened to me too, so I couldn't train the handmaiden! :mad:
Page: 1 of 1