Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Customization and Modding

Page: 1 of 1
 OverlordAngelus
01-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Even though this game sounds great, I really hope that it will be modable. It should at least include a scenario editor.

Having read the latest article at 1up.com, it seems that there are 20 or so planets to conquer. What would be good is if the editor could be used to create more planets for the campaigns.

I hope that other modding options are also available too, maybe that will give the PT fans a reason to play the game.

I guess its far too early to really talk about it, maybe Lucasarts will mention it when they officially announce the game in 5 days time.
 Admiral Vostok
01-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I'd like to see some simple modding abilities for the simple fact that it will keep EU fans appeased (since they always seem to be crying for a Yuuzhan Vong civ).
 DK_Viceroy
01-18-2005, 1:11 AM
Ahem, I have never cried out for a Yuuzhan Vong civ I do however like the idea of a Chiss Civ though.

and just to make you happy about your prediction about IA being horribly wrong they've just released a demo mission, a very good demo mission at that. the only thing holding them up was the lazy bum who was doing the AT-AT, obviously they couldn't go ahead without such an important unit.
 Nokill
01-18-2005, 1:26 AM
i think there will be a editor whit the game :)
yust like most games like this
 DK_Viceroy
01-18-2005, 1:31 AM
Let's just hope iot doesn't require a degree in Computer Science to use:p
 Nokill
01-18-2005, 1:44 AM
well i do hope it then we won't be overtrown whit new maps and stuf :(
 DK_Viceroy
01-18-2005, 1:50 AM
Whats wrong with having a wide selection of maps?
 Nokill
01-18-2005, 2:20 AM
well you also get a lot of crap* whit it

*maps that nobody gonna use anyway
 Magus15690
07-19-2005, 5:15 PM
I too, hope SW:EaW will be modable.

Hi there everyone, I'm Magus. I'm apart of the first announced mods for this game. It's called Starship Troopers: The First Interstellar War. Our profile can be found here at ModDb (http://mods.moddb.com/5316/). Our homepage can be found here (http://andy.dtuttle.net/index.htm) (our homepage is quite ugly and is currently being updated) and our forums here. (http://s9.invisionfree.com/Starship_Troopers/index.php?act=idx) Please drop by and give us visit, support us, or whatever. We would really appreciate it. :D

If advertising is "illegal" here, I'm truly sorry because it wasn't stated in the forum rules.
 Darth Windu
07-19-2005, 11:26 PM
What I would like to see in EaW is an editor much like that in CivIII. After all, it has been said that many Ep3 units will be in the game (for the beginning I assume) so if there is a CivIII-type editor, it shouldn't be too hard to make Confederacy and Republic sides and keep prequel fans happy.
 FroZticles
07-20-2005, 7:32 AM
Prequal fans or Windu happy? :D

Just let it die, you have beat the dead horse for quite a while now.
 Darth Windu
07-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Well FroZ, I would certainly be happy, and can only assume other prequel fans would be as well.

As for the dead horse, there's still some beating to be done, but after all I was simply commenting on the possible modding of the game.
 lukeiamyourdad
07-21-2005, 7:58 PM
Well, making a Republic civ is still problematic as the number of units they'll have will probably be very low compared to the number of OT units.

The Confederacy is another story. It's actually even worse then with the Republic, as none of their units are used by the Rebel Alliance.

You'll have to create your own models for the most part.

@Magus: Pimping your own forum is actually illegal, but announcing a mod isn't.

Welcome to E@W.net :)
There's not much action here right now, but there'll be more people when we get closer to February 2k6.
 FroZticles
07-21-2005, 8:54 PM
Maybe a mod will come out with prequal civs but its never as good as the feel thing. Won't see them for a few more years at least.
 lukeiamyourdad
07-21-2005, 9:18 PM
Well, some mods actually surpass the original game though for every one of those, you get a lot of crap.

Even more, you'd need quite a dev team to make such a mod. RTS modding isn't an easy thing.
 FroZticles
07-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Also it takes soooooooo long before a decent one is released half the people is playing something else.
 BeBop
07-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah, the really good mods for games are usually only played by the die hards of the game since it takes so long to get them ready. I know I'm still following a mod for another RTS released almost 2 1/2 years ago. Almost to release .50 .......

But the thing is, someone will probably be able to do it eventually. I heard that this game is being coded in something that is very easy to modify. The models on the other hand, well luke made some very good points about that. Though some of the Rebellion weapons (not the models) could possibly be converted.... I mean, that missile tank of theirs seems to fire missiles similar to a hailfire droid. (I mean visually their flight pattern seems to be similar.)

I guess we'll see how moddable (not a word?) it is in February.
 Jeff
07-23-2005, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Well, some mods actually surpass the original game though for every one of those, you get a lot of crap.

Even more, you'd need quite a dev team to make such a mod. RTS modding isn't an easy thing.
Good point. I hope it will be modable, but it will be pretty tough to do. But they probably will have map editors, etc to do easy customization stuff.
Page: 1 of 1