Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Info

Page: 1 of 1
 Fearless_Jedi
01-12-2005, 1:21 PM
Anyone know of any good animation programs I can find for free, I tried Gmax but: 1) I couldn't find an adequite animation tutorial and 2) Gmax is more for making models than anything else.

I myself would like to make some animations for KotOR, specifically combat animations.
 T7nowhere
01-12-2005, 4:25 PM
You can Make Animations with Gmax and as part of discreet's Tutorials it covers how to make animations. But really its not a matter of gmax's capabilities. The problem is we are not yet able to add new animations to the game.
 SuperSquall
01-12-2005, 8:18 PM
^^^
If I were to take a guess on this I would expect it would certainly be easier to do this with KotOR II (we shall see) since one of the big changes in the game is that there are various combat animations. I'm sure it will be easier to do this sort of thing.
 Fearless_Jedi
01-14-2005, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
You can Make Animations with Gmax and as part of discreet's Tutorials it covers how to make animations. But really its not a matter of gmax's capabilities. The problem is we are not yet able to add new animations to the game.

Yes there is a tutorial on simple animations but not really complex stuff which is what I want to get into.
 Dak Vesser
01-14-2005, 4:23 PM
Yeah I would like to see if there would be a way to change the animation as well. I really don't like how the characters in Kotor II run. It just looks kinda stupid

(no bouncing and they look bow legged.) Almost like Jedi Academy "lol"
Page: 1 of 1