Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

creating roq movies

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Biggs
01-12-2005, 7:43 AM
how do i create roq movies? i want to create an opening scene of the millenium falcon being pulled into the death star. it would be better making a prerendered movie rather than making a cutscene.

please help
 lassev
01-15-2005, 9:19 AM
You best bet might be 3DS Max or equivalent. Render the movie, then make possible post production in After Effects or some other program, and render a targa image sequence. Then use the roq compiler that comes with the editing tools to pack the image sequence and a wave sound file into a roq.
 Darth_Biggs
01-15-2005, 12:34 PM
 lassev
01-15-2005, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Biggs

Yes, I agree. Three dots sum it up quite nicely. Strange that I didn't come up with that elegant explanation myself.

Just to remind you, there's a roq manual in either the JO editing tools or JA editing tools packet, if not both. The only thing the Raven written manual forgets to mention is that the sound file needs to be:
stereo, 16-bit, wav 22 kHz.

And if three dots is the best you can do, don't bother to try to make roqs :indif:
Page: 1 of 1