Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR Music and Windows Media Player

Page: 1 of 1
 StormTrooper789
01-11-2005, 2:48 PM
How do I play KOTOR music files in Windows Media Player. It doesn't work for me. I do know they are MP3's in disguise.(They're not the regular kind).
Help would be nice. :)
 Darth333
01-11-2005, 2:51 PM
Yup, you can rename them as .mp3 but it wont work with all applications (I think it works with winamp). However, if you wan to listen to them with Windows media player or any other application you have to decompress the files. Check the Guide for the Newbie ;)
 StormTrooper789
01-11-2005, 3:03 PM
Actually I tried that and when I try to play it after decompression. It plays an evil high screech-like beep. :(
 StormTrooper789
01-11-2005, 3:17 PM
YAY!!!! <insert bunches of smilies> I got it to work by decompressing it with RazorLame!!
 Shrub91
01-12-2005, 4:19 AM
Is there a Mac program for this? i would REALLY like kotor music to work with iTunes
 Dak Vesser
01-12-2005, 4:59 PM
You know whats really funny is that when the first OG Kotor for xbox came out---> this was before the Platnum series with the Yavin update, all the.wav files were all playable with Windows media player, Winamp, and RealPlayer.

I guess the Devs at Bioware thought "Who would wanna hack the xbox and Mod all the files? We don't need to compress our music with secret codecs - when the xbox is so secure!" <---Like a Firewall! LOL :p :p :p
Page: 1 of 1